DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:04 pm 
Platinum Edition

I'm pretty excited for this season. Coven, the last present-day season, didn't really do too much for me, but I have a feeling that Hotel will be pretty cool. And even though there are number of AHS alums on board, it looks like there will be a sizable crowd of new faces, too. I'm especially looking forward to Lady Gaga, Darren Criss, and Cheyenne Jackson. And I have a feeling that Jessica Lange will show up at least once this season. October 7th can't come soon enough!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:06 am 
Platinum Edition

I had read that Jessica Lange said she would appear if they wrote her a minor role, so I think it's pretty likely she will (and I hope so).

I'm very glad Bassett, Bates, and Paulson are still on board, and that Finn Wittrock is returning from last year. I hope Frances Conroy will continue, too, but I didn't see her name anywhere yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:44 pm 
Platinum Edition

Not sure how I feel so far. I'm interested enough to keep watching regardless. Not quite sold on Gaga yet, but I like that Wes Bentley is one of the main characters, since I loved his cameo in Freak Show. He's good for the eyes, too. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:59 pm 
Platinum Edition

I finished watching the first episode, and it was a pretty entertaining hour and a half. I really enjoyed the introduction of Gaga and Bomer's characters. I'm not too sold on Gaga's acting either, but she was better than I expected. The only character I don't find that interesting is Bates's. She's a bitter but protective mom, just like her character on Freak Show. Hopefully the two will delineate from each other.

I enjoyed the nods to other hotel-set horror films. I don't watch much horror, but I could certainly pick out references to The Shining (with the kids in the hallway), and the slight nod to Vertigo (Marcy's hair when she was showing the Hotel Cortez to the Drakes).

I'll definitely keep tuning in. It's fun so far.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:41 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

You know, I went in with low expectations, and while they haven't been succeeded, they haven't been utterly crushed, either. I am hesitant to say this lest it jinx my further enjoyment, but Hotel reminds me of the first two seasons. Nothing was immediately laid out on a platter, you didn't quite know what was going on, and the seasons only got better as they continued. Whereas I felt Coven and Freak Show puttered out after stellar premieres (especially Coven). Hotel feels like a slow burner, thus far. That's a good thing as long as each episode builds on the last in quality.

In episode two, I was really impressed by Evan Peters. It's nice to see him play a man instead of another angsty teenager. Also, I quite like Chole Sevigny this season. Some people say Gaga is awful, but I don't think so. I think her mysterious, enigmatic portrayal works well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:54 am 
Platinum Edition

The 2nd episode repeated last night and I watched it that way. I had fell asleep during the first half of the original run of the episode—I wish the show came on at 9. :lol:

It looks like Evan Peters finally got a meatier role again. Wittrock’s character—nowhere near as great as last year, but at least he’ll have his clothes off often. I can get behind Gaga right now, but I hope this is a one-season only thing for her. I agree, UmbrellaFish, it definitely reminds me of the first two seasons.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:56 am 
Platinum Edition

For some reason, I thought Matt Bomer would end up victim to the Ten Commandments murderer the whole episode after that scene with Bates. It seemed like the dialogue was hinting at it. I'd be willing to say I like Lady Gaga in this now. :up:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:26 am 
Platinum Edition

Anyone stuck it out with this season?

Am I the only one who thinks Liz Taylor's son could be, well, any of the dark-haired white guys? The son looked around 5-6 in the flashback and that was 1984 (can't quite remember, but it was the '80s).

I guess it'll end up some kind of Children of the Corn situation with all the vampire kids. Bassett's character has potential to go either way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Oh, no, I really like this season! I've just been drowning in school stuff lately so I haven't had time to try and comment with anything thoughtful. It's intriguing, it's confusing, it can go a million different ways, but it AHS the way I like it. Standouts so far have been Evan Peters, Mare Winningham (as usual), Chole Sevigny, and last night I thought Bates, O'Hare, and Gaga put in some really great work. Especially Bates, I hope they continue to utilize her this year. She's a goldmine that they've mostly left untapped throughout the series.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:14 pm 
Platinum Edition

So is Liz Taylor like...into women? Because he said he only married her for her clothes, but then he said he's not gay. It's just that he doesn't just dress as a women, he also acts a lot like a women...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:06 am 
Platinum Edition

I'm really getting into this season. Liz Taylor/Tristan was unexpectedly sweet in the one scene they had together. At first I thought it was John, not Tristan, but I knew Liz Taylor would be the other person. Not surprised how that ended up, but just about everyone has a reason to kill the Countess now. The introduction of the Countess' baby worked for me.

I'm glad we finally saw John/Alex's daughter again, jeez. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:19 pm 
Platinum Edition

I thought yesterday's episode was really good. Everything seems to be ramping up. I was excited to see Murder House last night, too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:16 pm 
Platinum Edition

So Liz Taylor likes Tristan who is a man?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:52 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney Duster wrote:

Yes, but as Liz Taylor said, she's a heterosexual woman. So Liz and Tristan are/were a heterosexual couple.

And yes, I think this season each subsequent episode has been better than the last.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:18 am 
Platinum Edition

Loved tonight's episode. I hope the show doesn't implode at the end, because right now I'd put it up with Asylum as one of the most consistent.

I thought Finn Wittrock would end up returning as a ghost, not as another person. :lol: I loved the Countess' backstory. Evan Peters is still fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:55 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I loved this episode. The bit with Valentino was especially good and Gaga impressed me with her scenes as a chorine. Gosh, I'm really giddy over the improvement this season has been over the last two. One weak link is the Wes Bentley stuff-- I don't think he performs the part very well and also his hairdo is just annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:36 pm 
Platinum Edition

UmbrellaFish wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:

Yes, but as Liz Taylor said, she's a heterosexual woman. So Liz and Tristan are/were a heterosexual couple.

Ah. I wonder why he doesn't get a sex change.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:38 am 
Platinum Edition

Tonight's episode was a little boring outside of March and the small appearances of the other characters in the background. I guess because the reveal has been obvious for a while now that I didn't expect it to be the only plot for the whole episode.

That said, Sally is way more interesting to me right now, after her scene with March (and the cameo of the drill killer thing). For some reason, I can't remember why she killed herself? I remember her jumping out the window, but not what lead up to it. I believe it was after Iris came to her room to find Donovan drugged up?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:46 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Iris actually pushed Sally out the window.

I agree, this was a weaker episode. As you said Divinity, I was surprised they spent a whole episode detailing this revelation when it's been clear for awhile now. It doesn't help that Wes Bentley seems to have no idea what he's doing with this character. Highlight was Evan Peters. This is the first time he's consistently impressed me on the show. Might even be MVP this year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:56 am 
Platinum Edition

I think this is getting close to being my second favorite season right now. The characters I was hesitant about before (Sally/Ramona) have both drawn me in the past two episodes; even Donovan isn’t as bland as he was before—or at least he looked hotter than usual, I guess. :lol: I’m glad they finally gave Basset something to do. And they actually followed up on the kids Alex turned, which I didn’t expect.

I just wonder who the “She” in the episode titles is referring to? With the Countess narrating, I was disappointed it might be her, but I’m hoping it’s Ramona or Liz that’s being referred to and the Countess and/or Valentino die next episode. I’d like to see them all team up to kill her, but I’m not sure where the show would go with the Countess gone so soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next