American Horror Story: Apocalypse (FX) - premieres on 9/12!

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Re: American Horror Story (FX) - New season premiering Oct.

Post by Toky »

Yeah I had the same thoughts…..Or maybe Dandy himself will become dr. Thredson

I Hope this season will get more exciting as it is now….because again, just like with coven, they're killing of whomever they can kill of and there doesn't seem to be a central story-line in it. This and the fact that the freaks just deserve to end up shitty because they're all anything but sympathatic makes me lose interest. I would love to see more circus and show. And whatever happened to interacting with the local townspeople. It's like Ryan Murphy just hates human beings. None of the characters are actually innocent or just plain good this time. Even Penny appears capable of horrible things, which makes her just as evil as her dad.

Hopefully a change is going to come...
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Toky wrote:Yeah I had the same thoughts…..Or maybe Dandy himself will become dr. Thredson
I bet you're right. Dr. Thredson had mommy issues, too...
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney's Divinity

Last night was a pretty good episode. I loved Sarah Paulson's scenes. RIP Precious, but how stupid was it of her to come back. I would've told the police and shot out of there as fast as I could. Although, something about the scene seemed to hint that the police really didn't believe her because she was black (and female, too, I'm guessing) so maybe she had to cause a fuss to get something done. All the murder scenes were done well, imo.

Why couldn't the strong man have died? WHY? All through that scene I was thinking, "Don't anyone dare come in and save him!!" Ugh. That character is so boring.
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

I agree that Regina's character was totally useless -.- Bette and Dot however gained more sympathy this episode.

I have a feeling that by the end of the season almost every freak will have died :P
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Well, Naomi Grossman and Mare Winningham were stunning. I credit Mare for making me fascinated with a character whose story we had more or less already heard in Asylum. As for Naomi, she excelled at showing a wide variety of emotions behind the copious amount of makeup she has to wear. Just stunning acting.

On the other hand, I'd been on the fence about Emma Roberts. I never thought she was very good in Coven, but she became a fan favorite so I thought there was something wrong with me. But in this episode, she was just flat out bad.

As for future episodes, I'm more interested in seeing how Elsa got her show than how Jimmy lost his hands. Elsa, unless I've forgotten, has no real connection to Hollywood right? The monster penis guy has no connections at all, and there's no periphery character so far who could help her, right? Or am I forgetting something... As for Jimmy, I feel like regardless of how his hands were removed, he's still kicking...

Kind of been a little disappointed with the show lately (Sidibe, who I liked last season, was horrendous). Right now, in terms of my own enjoyment, it ranks below Asylum and Murder House.
Disney's Divinity

Unfortunately, missed this episode. For some reason, I didn't think it would air so near to Christmas time and I was busy with a game so I didn't double check. Hopefully, it'll re-run next week or the next time it airs.
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

Have to say, I liked the last two episodes of the show. Love how they gave Jessica Lange a proper goodbye.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I really enjoyed this season; it's certainly my favorite after Murder House (Asylum was just a little too out there [well, I liked everything except for the aliens] and Coven was flat-out boring to me).

I've been reading some comments on Facebook about what people thought about the season and a lot of people are saying it wasn't that scary. I disagree because horror comes in many different forms, and the horror in the show doesn't necessarily have to be horrific to us but the characters. Twisty and Dandy, of course, are quite horrific. But, I think the horror extends to the other characters, too. For a show called "Freak Show," I think the horror was more internally placed than just the graphic violence conducted by Twisty and Dandy. The characters themselves are horrified, but that doesn't mean we have to be, though, of course, it is effective when we are horrified.

I'm excited to see what season 5 has in store for us. I'm also interested in watching Scream Queens, one of Murphy's next projects.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Disney's Divinity

I'll be honest, I missed the latter half of this season, but I caught the finale. I found this year uninteresting for the most part, although I know many long-term fans enjoyed it so there's that. I liked it more than the first season, but prefer Coven and Asylum. Shame Jessica Lange is leaving. I'd also heard about Scream Queens--supposedly to feature Lea Michele. I'll probably catch that show's premiere along with this show's next season premiere.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I was ultimately disappointed with this season, so that's two in a row for me. It just went off the tracks. There were elements and standalone episodes I liked very much, though.

As for Ryan Murphy's heavy upcoming TV slate, I'm most looking forward to American Crime Story about the OJ Simpson case. Sarah Paulson, Cuba Gooding, Jr., John Travolta... It sounds like must see TV to me! Sadly though, for the first time I'm not that excited about the next season of AHS. I'll definitely watch the premiere, I've heard rumors that the next season is supposed to be very different, so...
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Really excited for Hotel ! Think it could be really interesting …. Mixtures of Murder House / Psycho / The Shining could all be rolled up into it. I wonder what period it will be set in ? I'm feeling art deco New York of the 20's ? Like Hollywood Tower Hotel I suppose :lol:

I don't get how the clues fit in though with the new theme ? I know they were dropped last season (the top hat etc).

If we don't have Jessica anymore, I hope Sarah Paulson can come back.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Atlantica wrote:Really excited for Hotel ! Think it could be really interesting …. Mixtures of Murder House / Psycho / The Shining could all be rolled up into it. I wonder what period it will be set in ? I'm feeling art deco New York of the 20's ? Like Hollywood Tower Hotel I suppose :lol:

I don't get how the clues fit in though with the new theme ? I know they were dropped last season (the top hat etc).

I read somewhere that this season will revert back to the present (as Murder House and Coven did), though 1920s New York a la Gatsby would be very fun.

I'm actually kind of excited for Lady Gaga to be in Hotel. I know she can sing, and I'm sure we'll get at least one song out of her, but I don't know if she's acted much beyond her music videos and small cameos in films.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Note to Disney's Divinity:

Would you please correct the subject line of the this thread. We have passed Oct. 8th quite some time ago. Just remove "New season............." and that would be nice.

Great thread, but the title needs to be updated.

Thanks.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Disney's Divinity

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:
I read somewhere that this season will revert back to the present (as Murder House and Coven did), though 1920s New York a la Gatsby would be very fun.

I'm actually kind of excited for Lady Gaga to be in Hotel. I know she can sing, and I'm sure we'll get at least one song out of her, but I don't know if she's acted much beyond her music videos and small cameos in films.
I'm excited to see Lady Gaga, too. The Hotel theme could be interesting, but I'm especially glad the season will be "in the present."
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

Atlantica wrote:Really excited for Hotel ! Think it could be really interesting …. Mixtures of Murder House / Psycho / The Shining could all be rolled up into it. I wonder what period it will be set in ? I'm feeling art deco New York of the 20's ? Like Hollywood Tower Hotel I suppose :lol:

Stanley mentioned 'The garden of Allah hotel' in the last season. For the people who don't know it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_of_Allah_Hotel

I believe that the new season will be set in present time (at least one part), though I hope it will be set in past time.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Note to Disney Divinity:

Let's just erase the line in the heading of this thread that gives the "October date". It is simple and don't know why you didn't do it when the show premiered.
Disney's Divinity

dvdjunkie wrote:Note to Disney Divinity:

Let's just erase the line in the heading of this thread that gives the "October date". It is simple and don't know why you didn't do it when the show premiered.
Mainly because:

1. I don't take orders from you.

2. None of the actual viewers of this show would be confused by the title.

3. I plan to update the title when Hotel's premiere date is released.

Btw, I don't understand the ...........'s in your thread titles either, but I'm not stalking your threads, am I?
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

You are without the most disrespectful member of this forum. It seems rather silly to have the date from last year on your thread heading when it is not necessary. It is not too much to ask, other than the fact that you are self-centered and lazy and refuse to honor anything I have to add to your threads.

You owe a lot of people apologies for being the jerk you truly are. I am open to accepting the apology in any way you feel fit. Just remember that I am 75 years old now, and I can tell that you were not raised to be respectful of other people, be they younger or older than you.
Disney's Divinity

I suppose you can keep waiting for that apology, because, while there are a few people who I owe an apology to here, I'll probably drop dead before you ever read one. Cheers. :wave:
Disney's Divinity

American Horror Story: Hotel will premiere October 7th, 2015. I updated the first post with new and returning cast.