Space Jam: A New Legacy

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Space Jam: A New Legacy

Post by Disney Duster »

I enjoyed your review Patricier21! But I'm curious, did you say "even if you didn't like the first one I think you will like this one"?
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

Saw Space Jam: New Legacy yesterday. While it was amusing at times, and has an awareness to its conceptual absurdity, it's not consistent enough to be satire critiquing on Hollywood's nostalgia algorithm when it's very much a product of that. I was also disappointed to not hear the Space Jam theme song throughout the movie like I heard in the trailer, which got me hyped for it.

If you're a fan of the Looney Tunes, I'm sure you'll like it, but it was just alright for me.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Disney Duster wrote:I enjoyed your review Patricier21! But I'm curious, did you say "even if you didn't like the first one I think you will like this one"?
Yep Yep Yep :-) like a few other critics Have said, it improves a lot on the first one in someways [though there are certainly things the first one does better], specifically In having a better emotional and moral essence, as well as a better world Building Structure [i.e. it makes more sense as to how The fantasy concepts like the Looney Tunes can exist etc.] and just feels more open to people with a variety of different tastes like It doesn’t feel as overly cartoony or “looney”, While nonetheless still having the characters feel and act like they truly would [which was actually a Criticism that a Number of people had about the first one]. While Michael Jordan certainly did a great job on the first one, I personally found that you could tell that LeBron had way more Acting experience [Which he literally does], and it really shows, especially like some people have said when He’s animated :-)

Overall, it’s not an excellent Or maybe not even great movie, but for what it is, it’s overall good. It’s a fun, enjoyable time to be spent with a great concept and characters and themes that are portrayed In a way that is true to what is involved without over or under doing it too much, which may not bring complete satisfaction in all areas, but definitely overall does more good than bad :-)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Very well said, Patricier21! I didn't know Lebron had acted before, though! But yeah, this was a fun movie.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

This was better than the first one. It wasn't good--but better than the first. This film in a lot of ways feels similar to Ralph Breaks the Internet, with WB showing off all the IPs they own at once the way Disney did with that film. I mean, the storyline is very, very lightweight family fare, so cameos are really the only thing that could have made this interesting anyway. I believe the only time I laughed was Foghorn Leghorn's "I say, I say, Winter is Coming!!" while dressed as Danaerys Targaryen. The only thing I remember liking about the first film was "I Believe I Can Fly," and if R. Kelly hadn't turned out to be a sexual predator then they probably would've had a new version of the song for this film. Oh, well.

But I wanted to see this once, 1.) To say I had, and 2.) To check out the hand-drawn animation since it was talked about so much. TBH, I thought the hand-drawn animation in the first part of the film was pretty bad..., to the point I was almost glad when the characters turned 3D. The Lola and Wonder Woman segment was a peak though--that was really beautiful--and the hand-drawn animation was also pretty good at the very end. It makes me wonder if they put more focus on the ending because it was a critical story moment, or it's simply a case that the animators improved the more they worked on the film and the early stuff was the first thing they did? What's confusing is that you had characters like the Flinstones, Yogi Bear, and the Jetsons in the background who weren't hand-drawn animated the way they should've been, even after the Tunes are restored to being hand-drawn...
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"