"The Walking Dead" Season 4 discussion.........

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

"The Walking Dead" Season 4 discussion.........

Post by dvdjunkie »

With Season three almost to come to an end, was wondering if there are any other 'Dead' heads out there watching this fabulous show.
Last edited by dvdjunkie on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

Spoilers abound for all 3 seasons. Read at your own risk if you haven't watched or been caught up. :)

I missed the first couple episodes I think of Season 3. So far I've been on the fence about the season. For comics, I've read the first 18 issues or so, collected in the 3 volumes.

Rick's little... multi-episode crazy ran a bit long for my liking. I honestly just didn't quite care about him or his scenes, especially considering what Carl had to go through in comparison.

I've also not really enjoyed the Governor bit. This is more of a story issue in general for zombies that I have. I have just never really been a fan of watching humans killing humans. While the show itself is dominantly driven by characters and their development, I still get just as much enjoyment from watching the zombies, and seeing the fighting.

It just feels like the zombies have taken a backseat quite a bit, and we're focused more on the theme of who is the bigger monster, the survivors like those in Woodbury, or the zombies.

Otherwise, it's a great show and I still record it every Sunday night so that I can keep up with it.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I agree totally with what you have to say.

I think that the story arc of Rick's temporary 'controlled insanity' went on too long, but after last night's episode I am of the belief that the Governor's right hand man is going to be the one who does him in and not Andrea or Rick.

One of the highest rated television shows on the air today, and I hope those who watch also watch "The Talking Dead" which comes on right after the "Walking Dead" episode.

How many more of you are watching the "zombie apocalypse" of "The Walking Dead". Season three is about to end and then we will have to wait about four months or more for Season Four.

And if you want to see how good these shows look in black & white, Thursday nights on AMC is when they show the black & white episodes.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Re: "The Walking Dead" Season 3 discussion.........

Post by dvdjunkie »

Can't believe that there are only two of us who are watching the Best Show on Television - bar none!!! The casting for this series is amazing, and with only three episodes left for Season Three, it is setting things up for the cliffhanger that I am sure will keep us all waiting for the return of Season Four sometime next October.

AMC has really had some very good shows. Even though they lost a lot of viewers when they changed from American Movie Classics and went the commercial route. They can boast of great ratings for "Mad Men", "Hell on Wheels" and most of all for "The Walking Dead".
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

dvdjunkie wrote:Can't believe that there are only two of us who are watching the Best Show on Television - bar none!!!
I don't think it's just you two guys- in fact, if the ratings are any indication, this might be the first time a cable show hits the top 10 in Nielsen's annual ratings list. That deserves some applause.

I actually gave up on the show in the first season, but if word in the third season is as strong as I read it to be, I'll have to give the show another chance! I think I'll try to pick up the comics first though, before I go back into the show.

As for AMC's shows, my current obsession is Mad Men, which I can't wait for its next season to start up, along with the rest of Breaking Bad. If TWD is near or on the level of these two, I need to go back to it.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Why did you give up on the show in the first season? Out of general nosiness. :)

Also, as a heads up. It's.... vastly different. Things in the comics don't happen in the show, and things from the show don't really happen in the comics. Or things happen faster/slower/differently.

If anything, I would suggest get caught up on the show first, and then read the comics. Or just keep the above in mind. I got caught up on the show, then went and read the first 3 volumes (first 18 comic issues I think) and went O.o at the differences.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Chernabog_Rocks wrote:Why did you give up on the show in the first season? Out of general nosiness. :)
I thought the first season was dull as sin. Too much drama, not enough action, and the characters weren't strong enough for me at the time to care about them. I hear that the third season has improved on that greatly, which is why I'm interested.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Next Monday, March 25, AMC will have a marathon, showing every episode from Season One, Two and Three with the climax being the Season Finale on Sunday, March 31. Here's your chance to get caught up on what you have missed.

Also don't miss "Talking Dead" right after the Sunday episodes on AMC. They always have interesting guests and it done live in front of a live audience which is a big bonus.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

I'm surprised this didn't get bumped.

Just finished watching the last episode and all I have to say is "Holy Shit" and will leave it at that for now. ;)
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

And now we have to wait until October for Season Four. That was a very good way to end the Season Three, and now I can't wait for the Blu-rays to come out. Season Three Blu-ray scheduled sometime in September.
Pokeholic_Prince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokeholic_Prince »

Here's my thoughts on Season 3: http://theconnoisseurreviews.tumblr.com ... 3-thoughts
Another season of the highly acclaimed “The Walking Dead” has come and gone. When it comes to the though provoking themes of the series, they’re mostly kept intact. As it still is about survival even though the threat isn’t the zombies anymore.

In all honesty this is the worst season yet. Don’t get me wrong the show is still as entertaining and heart pounding as ever, but it doesn’t reach the series highs. This season starts off quite promising, but every opportunity to make it interesting or engaging is thrown aside. For instance, the whole season builds up to one grand confrontation, but ultimately disappoints as it leaves more questions than answers.

The characters also become less likable. Characters we like or start to like are either killed off or pushed aside. Rick personally started off the season as unbearable, but luckily finds himself near the end. A lot of these characters are left with more questions than answers, such as the season villain The Governor. It’s just a mixed feeling for most of these characters.

Overall season 3 is quite disappointing, but not so much that it is terrible. The characters are “meh,” this time around, but Glen and Daryl get great opportunities to show some leadership. Carl is just a annoying brat and probably the worst character of the season. The Governor is a pretty good villain and Mishon is probably the most useful female character added to the cast. The action is on an all time high as there is more and grander scaled fights. However, the finale is quite disappointing. I give this season a very low 4/5, great action and starts off well, but some characters become unbearable and fails on occasion to deliver what it promises.

Even though this season was quite disappointing, it was still well crafted and did build some great tension. However, I am looking forward to Season 4, hopefully they don’t make the same mistakes as they did here.
The finale just left a bad taste in my mouth and the season overall is my least favorite. Season 2 is actually my favorite. I mean don't get me wrong, it's still "The Walking Dead," and the series has a high sense of quality, but just by its standards it fell short. There are some good episodes and I loved seeing Meryl again and Mishon is a great addition to the cast.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Pokeholic_Prince:

Have you watched the "Walking Dead" from the very first episode? There are a lot of characters that have back stories we need to know about, and Season 2 provided most of those.

Do you ever watch "Talking Dead", the show that is on right after each Sunday night episode? This is where you learn more about the show, and learn what other people are thinking about the show.

Personally, for me, Season 3 was a well-put-together series of Episodes. They have developed the characters quite a bit, and Carl is NOT a spoiled brat. This young man had to kill his mother, and they haven't even gotten to the psychological things that are happening in his mind.

The creators of this show have stylized the comic books, adding some things, changing some things, but in the end it is truly "The Walking Dead".

While I appreciate and understand your review, it doesn't sound like you have watched every episode from the beginning, and have not watched "Talking Dead" after each episode.
Pokeholic_Prince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokeholic_Prince »

I have seen every episode from the beginning. This past month, I marathoned through the first, second, and third season. The second being my favorite because that's where a lot of character development happens. I mean don't get me wrong, I like the third season, but it's just filled with disappointment. Everything with The Govenor was quite interesting, but every confrontation was lack luster. And no, I don't watch The Talking Dead. I don't find it that necessary to watch it as I know a lot of people that watch the show, whom I could have discussions with.
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

Made this video of Seasons 1 through the the first half of season 4.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD7rElbigCY[/youtube]

Can't wait till Sunday
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: "The Walking Dead" Season 4 discussion.........

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I don't know if anyone posting here watches this show anymore. I loved the scene with Rick and Daryl this past episode. I 100% believe Negan should've been executed, but Rick on the verge of crying while arguing was a tearjerker. Just what I needed before Rick ends up dying. I love a lot of the characters, but Daryl and Rick's chemistry is probably the thing I enjoyed most about the show. When I started, I thought Daryl would be a mini-villain that would be dead by the end of season 1. :lol: Funny how he ended up being my favorite character on this show and the main reason I've watched. Carol's another character I thought would be cannon fodder after they wrung out all the drama from her daughter being dead, and instead she became one of the best on the show.

I think the next few episodes will be my last; I only watched The Walking Dead for the first time 2-3 months ago via a Netflix marathon. I didn't think I'd like the show (not really a fan of zombie movies), but I was very surprised how much I enjoyed the cast. Daryl, Rick, Carol, Michonne, Glenn, Carl (post-Lori), and Hershel are my favorites. For me, the show hit its stride after Shane was finally killed off and went downhill about 5 or 6 episodes after Negan came into it. The absolute highlight was Carol absolutely demolishing Terminus in one episode--Carol brings new meaning to HBIC! If I ever re-watch the series, I'll probably end at Michonne convincing Rick to choose to have hope again just before they drive into Alexandria / which wasn't too long after the tornado and the group wondering if they're the titular 'walking dead' rather than the zombies. Very little that's happened after that point is worth seeing again (Carol's evolution, dealing with how far she's swung the pendulum to the other side from the meek, helpless woman she was before is all I can think of really) and the show for me won't be worth watching at all once Rick is gonenot to mention Maggie and possibly Michonne, too, from speculation based on spoilers. I mean, I still love Daryl and Carol, but... It just won't be the same. I've already been bored for the last 2 seasons waiting for Negan to die already.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"