Melanie Amaro (The X Factor 2011) 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Tate Stephens (The X Factor 2012) 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Javier Colon (The Voice 2011) 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Jermaine Paul (The Voice 2012) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Cassadee Pope (The Voice 2013) 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 12
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:03 pm 
Platinum Edition

I know singing shows are dubious or inane to a lot of people, and it's true for the most part. However, there have been a lot of great voices to come out of these shows regardless. I only included the first 10 winners of Idol, so that I could include The Voice and The X Factor as well.

The only contestants I loved most over all other contestants when they won (never watched season 1 of Idol) were Jordin Sparks, Melanie Amaro, and Javier Colon. Overall, including while they were on the show and post-show material, I'd rank the contestants:

1. Kelly Clarkson ~ Her voice wasn't that great to me on her earlier material, but it's matured into one of my favorite voices period ever since her 4th album onwards. Favorite songs: "Because of You," "My Life Would Suck Without You," "The War Is Over," "The Day We Fell Apart," "Standing in Front of You"
2. Jordin Sparks ~ This is just the type of voice I love, high and clear. And she's a very sweet/poised person. Favorite songs/performances: "I (Who Have Nothing)," "The Cure," "Don't Let It Go to Your Head," "Virginia Is For Lovers"
3. Melanie Amaro ~ Favorite songs/performances: "Listen," "Desperado," "Someone Like You"
4. Kris Allen ~ I liked him on the show, but not as a be-all, end-all contestant. His albums have been some of the best to come from a show contestant, however. Favorite songs/performances: "Heartless," "Falling Slowly," "The Truth," "Send Me All Your Angels," "Loves Me Not"
5. Javier Colon ~ I don't own any off-the-show material, but he was my favorite from the first season of The Voice.
6. Carrie Underwood ~ Bo Bice was my contestant that year, tbh. I'm not and I never have been a huge fan of hers; I prefer higher voices and she tends to be loud all the time, but I own all her albums anyway. Carnival Ride is her best, imo. Favorite songs/performances: "Making Love Out of Nothing At All," "So Small," "Just A Dream," "I Know You Won't," "All-American Girl," "Before He Cheats"
7. David Cook ~ I was rooting for Smithson and Archuleta this season, but Cook absolutely deserved his win. Favorite songs/performances: "Always Be My Baby," "Innocent," "Little Sparrow," "Fade Into You," "Declaration"
8. Ruben Studdard ~ I don't quite remember his performances and I don't have any of his material (besides "Flying Without Wings"), but he had a very nice, milky voice.
9. Fantasia ~ Favorite performances/songs: "I Believe," "I'm Here," "Bittersweet," "Truth Is," "Even Angels"
10. Cassadee Pope