Cowboys VS Aliens and Smurfs movie - Odd Box Office Tie

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Cowboys VS Aliens and Smurfs movie - Odd Box Office Tie

Post by disneyboy20022 »

http://news.yahoo.com/cowboys-aliens-sm ... 53246.html
Little blue Smurfs and not-so-little green men from space are in a photo finish for the No. 1 spot at the weekend box office.

Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford's sci-fi Western "Cowboys & Aliens" and the family adventure "The Smurfs" both opened with $36.2 million, according to studio estimates Sunday.

That leaves Sony's "Smurfs" and Universal's "Cowboys & Aliens" tied for the top spot. Figuring out the No. 1 movie will have to wait until final numbers are counted Monday.

"In all my years, I've never really seen a race this close," said Paul Dergarabedian, an analyst for box-office tracker Hollywood.com. "Generally, in the world of movie box office, $1 million is a close call, so to have two films in a dollar-to-dollar tie is somewhat unprecedented."

Studios often round off their Sunday numbers, which include Friday and Saturday totals plus an estimate of Sunday business based on how similar movies have done in the past.

So Sunday figures typically are rounded off to the nearest $50,000 or $100,000, with more accurate, to-the-dollar numbers generally coming in Monday's final tally.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

How that Smurf movie made any money is beyond me,
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

PixarFan2006 wrote:How that Smurf movie made any money is beyond me,
Considering that the Chipmunk Sequel became a massive box office hit, anything's possible in this messed up society.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

Yep, just kids watching yet another crappy film. Not trying to be harsh or anything, but I feel sorry for the kids that watch shit like the Smurfs movie.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

The fact that "The Smurfs" made more money in its opening weekend than "Winnie the Pooh" has made in its entire run so far is really disappointing to me. I don't understand the fascination with these crappy adaptations of classic TV shows. It's ridiculous.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

Which is the reason why America is spending money on watching shit like this.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Makes you wonder what the parents are thinking when they let their kids go so garbage like the "Smurf" movie. They actually had to edit seven minutes from it to get the PG rating, so that tells you what kind of humor they were going for.

I personally went to see "Cowboys & Aliens" and thought it was more bang for my buck than a lot of movies I have seen over the past few weeks.

Let's see the second weekend number on these two films and see who the true number one is.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!