DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Returns!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:46 pm 
Platinum Edition

I have the full set now. The only two that have trouble standing are Mars and especially Venus. Of course, I hate Venus, so who cares. At least I have Artemis to go with Luna. They are all just so cute. Mercury looks better than I expected? I like that her bubble is see-through. I knew these would look great considering I always loved pictures of the characters as chibis growing up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:31 pm 
Platinum Edition

Well here's some good news and some bad news. From here, we know that Sailor Moon Crystal will have a continuation of the next arc in the manga, the Dream arc, but it will not be in a season of episodes - it will be in two theatrical films!

Now, this isn't so very bad, as the Dream arc has 11 acts, which includes 2 big acts so it's more like 13, and the Sailor Moon Crystal series so far has, except for 2 episodes, done one episode that is about 20 minutes per act, and as we know there's 20 minutes per hour so if the films are a little over 2 hours, we are fine. However, animated films tend to only last around 90 minutes, with exceptions like Akira.

The same director from Season 3, which had mostly better animation and what most fans seem to think is better writing, is returning for the films, so that may be good. I hope that we will however get much better movie animation the likes of Sailor Moon's SuperS film, but if we get Season 3 level animation, that's ok.

We don't have a release date for the films, sadly.

I'm excited, but trepidacious about all this news.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:08 am 
Platinum Edition

Well, Usagi's birthday, June 30th, faithfully once more brings us some news, but it's very small.

Kazuko Tadano, animation director for the first two seasons of the original 90's Sailor Moon anime and the Sailor Moon R movie, will be the animation director for the upcoming 2 movies of Sailor Moon Crystal's fourth story, which will cover the Dream arc.

And that's it. No news of when the freakin' films will be released. Well, I'll try to keep you updated whenever I catch news.