"Glee" Discussion

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

My this discussion has gotten surreal...

Oh well, one more quasi-unrelated item can't derail this topic further:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RNc45FTenhg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Season two marathon on Oxygen right now.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Since they stopped running AbFab and Roseanne's all on YouTube, I realize now I'm not missing anything since my cable provider dropped that channel.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Lazario wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:But that's much less anything I've heard on Glee and more like this:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mwhg17WLHlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Where is that from? It's absolutely HILARIOUS! Very professionally put together.
It was part of the Oscars
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

That's actually what I was thinking, but... I'm surprised they were making a joke about autotuning in pop music on a movie oriented awards show.

Well, kinda.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Season 2 is now available for pre-order!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Remember all you "Gleeks" out there, that tonight's Season Finale of American Idol comes on first and then it's the Season Finale of "Glee" (wish it were the series finale). I will be watching both, thank you!!
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Keep in mind, dvdjunkie you have already been warned multiple times about your negative comments. I <i>know</i> you probably think that people are too sensitive and I <i>know</i> you are just exercising your right to be crotchety. <b>BUT</b> when if you continue to do so, knowing how upset it makes other members of the forum, you will find yourself suspended. There is a thing called tact, after all.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I think the season ran out of a little steam towards the end, but I still felt this was a pretty good episode.

The only thing that was slight crazy was the fact that they had went to NY and everything without already preparing their songs/choreography. :lol: And then they were surprised to end up at #12. rotfl

I thought the original songs were better than the last ones they had. Hopefully, the originals will keep getting better next season. I was a little disappointed with "For Good" though. Besides the fact that they shortened it, it just didn't turn out very good for me. Charice's song was really well-done though, so I can see them winning.

Still the episode was good. But Sam and Mercedes? :lol: Hopefully Mercedes will get some storylines though. Can't wait to see what they do next season. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

So who else just CRACKED UP when the episode flashbacked to Santana swearing her a$s off, in Spanish!! :lol: I had to pause the episode because I was laughing so hard!
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

I'm not too sure how I feel about the episode fully. While I did enjoy the songs and various other bits it just felt like..... 'That's it?' The whole thing almost felt like just another episode instead of a Season Finale episode to me. The ending of them making it to the 'big event only to lose' felt repetitive after last season going much the same way.

I think it would have been better if New York had been two episodes, one with them planning and just having fun with the first round of competitions while the second episode shows them starting some storylines for next season a little (Sam and Mercedes) and have them lose (or win) the Nationals and show them back home etc.

But that's just me :)
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Alright, I don't watch Glee that much (just a chunk of season 1 before I lost interest in it), but I have been listening to the music, and considering that I LOVE Wicked, I heard Glee's rendition of "For Good", which is my favorite song from the play.

What did I think of it? I liked it. The characters sang it really well. My issue with it, though, is how it was used in the episode...

The song is a farewell tune to a dear friend, a deep confession about how that person played a big role in someone's life. In this episode, though, the characters seem GLAD to sing it. Sure, you could say it is a way to explain their friendship, but considering that they were very happy to be on-stage, I think "Dancing through life" would have worked MUCH better.

I think they did a better job with "Defying Gravity" than they did with "For good". But maybe it's just me.
ImageImageImageImage

Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Chernabog_Rocks wrote:But that's just me :)
It's not just you, I thought the episode could have been longer too. I didn't find anything wrong with the events in it, but to me they went by really fast with little room between. If "Born This Way" could have an extended running time, surely this one could have too?

In the show I liked the Kurt/Rachel moments best.
Disney's Divinity

Kurt/Rachel moments are always awesome.

But, yeah, I wonder why they don't give the show a 2-hour finale like most other popular shows? It probably would've helped, tbh.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

Don't mean to deviate from the discussion, but I thought of something a couple of months ago, Naya Rivera should cover Selena (Quintanilla). It would be amazing for so many reasons! So today my cosin and I were thinking of making a Facebook campaign to get it going, but then discovered somebody already thought of it.

You guys should like it if you agree:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Santana-S ... 0943980647
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Kurt/Rachel moments are always awesome.

But, yeah, I wonder why they don't give the show a 2-hour finale like most other popular shows? It probably would've helped, tbh.
It's a bit of a cheap move meant for super-important episodes and not just finales either.

Smallville didnt get a two-hour episode for 10 years until the show's ending.
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

I like Glee but missed the finale and still haven't watched it yet I'm slacking lol. Buuuuut I have to say I hope season 3 is better than season 2. We need more Mercedes, Tina, Artie, Mike Chang, Bieste. I don't want Sue to be annoyingly evil like she was most of the time. ALso more Cheyenne Jackson :wink: and Jonathan Groff as well. And no more Gwenyth Paltrow. I think they should do more classic rock/older music and less newer crap. How come we have had Madonna, Lady Gaga and Britney Spears tribute episodes but no Beatles, Rolling Stones, Cher, Elvis ect. They did do Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac but still Gaga and Britney. I'm not a hater but come on lol. Oh and more Rachel/Kurt moments. I wouldn't mind if they kill Finn off either cuz he sucks this year lol.

But I need to watch the finale so I'm off to do it.
Disney's Divinity

ajmrowland wrote:Smallville didnt get a two-hour episode for 10 years until the show's ending.
I'm probably spoiled. Desperate Housewives has always had 2-hour finales. True, it's ratings were nearly 3x Glee's in the beginning, but it still gets them and it's ratings are around the same range as Glee's these days. Ugly Betty had them, too, and it was never a ratings boomer.
Jay wrote:And no more Gwenyth Paltrow.
Best advice ever. :D Unfortunately, she'll probably appear 2x as much as this season. Ugh.
I think they should do more classic rock/older music and less newer crap. How come we have had Madonna, Lady Gaga and Britney Spears tribute episodes but no Beatles, Rolling Stones, Cher, Elvis ect. They did do Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac but still Gaga and Britney. I'm not a hater but come on lol.
I think that's how most viewers feel. :lol:
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

ajmrowland wrote:
It's a bit of a cheap move meant for super-important episodes and not just finales either.

Smallville didnt get a two-hour episode for 10 years until the show's ending.
I can't add anything as to why Glee didn't get one (And likely summed up my thoughts about that already). However I did want to comment on Smallville. I think Smallville didn't get a two hour episode just due to the way the episodes and the storylines went.

I actually haven't seen the entire series yet (stopped around season 5 or 6) but the earlier seasons didn't really get a finale two parter just because one episode ended it, and 'second parter' one was just a starting place for the next season to start with a bang. Cliffhangers and all. I also can't think of any episodes that really needed to be a two-parter just because they worked well enough in the one hour time frame.

But that's just my best guess :)
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
ajmrowland wrote:Smallville didnt get a two-hour episode for 10 years until the show's ending.
I'm probably spoiled. Desperate Housewives has always had 2-hour finales. True, it's ratings were nearly 3x Glee's in the beginning, but it still gets them and it's ratings are around the same range as Glee's these days. Ugly Betty had them, too, and it was never a ratings boomer.
Jay wrote:And no more Gwenyth Paltrow.
Best advice ever. :D Unfortunately, she'll probably appear 2x as much as this season. Ugh.
I think they should do more classic rock/older music and less newer crap. How come we have had Madonna, Lady Gaga and Britney Spears tribute episodes but no Beatles, Rolling Stones, Cher, Elvis ect. They did do Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac but still Gaga and Britney. I'm not a hater but come on lol.
I think that's how most viewers feel. :lol:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh whyyyyy. She is not a great singer at all and she sings like 5 times every episode she's in. Meanwhile they have great singers like Kristin Chenoweth, Idina Menzel, Cheyenne Jackson, Jonathan Groff. All great Broadway trained singers with wonderful voices and they don't sing nearly as much when there on. Well maybe excluding Kristin but Cheyenne has yet to sing which is ashame.

I wish Glee didn't sell out so soon. I enjoyed several episodes this season but overall it lacked that extra something the first season had. Here's hoping that next season's better.