Red, White and Royal Blue on Amazon Prime

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Red, White and Royal Blue on Amazon Prime

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I enjoyed this cute political fantasy romance when it was a novel by Casey McQuistion, but last night the movie adaptation premiered on Amazon Prime. If you’re looking for a cute, queer romance I recommend this movie about a First Son of the United States falling in love with the spare Prince of the United Kingdom. The book is better, of course, but they did a pretty good job adapting and condensing the novel to fit within a 2-hour movie.
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Red, White and Royal Blue on Amazon Prime

Post by Thumper_93 »

I finished the book a few days ago and I was afraid about watching the movie because I thought that I was going to be dissapointed. I've seen it today and I have to say that is lovely! I love how the actors have brought to life the characters. They deleted so many things from the book but in my opinion it didn't affect to the story so it's ok to me.
I would love to own it on blu ray.
In the book Alex's mother is divorced and has a new couple called Leo. Alex has a sister called June and in the book she's a good character, they could have included her. There is a whole story about how the republicans filtered Alex and Henry's conversations in order to win the presidency. In the movie it happens because a journalist.