Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Washed Up
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:09 pm 
Platinum Edition

Quote:
Writer-producer Gracie Glassmeyer has set two high-profile comedies in development under her overall deal with CBS Television Studios, both with Jennie Snyder Urman’s Sutton Street Productions, which also is based at CBS Studios. They are Here She Lies, a single-camera dark comedy starring and executive produced by Yael Grobglas for HBO Max; and single-camera comedy Washed Up, a Little Mermaid follow-up series, at Peacock.

In Washed Up, it’s Hans Christian Andersen’s The Little Mermaid – but fifteen years after giving up her tail to marry a prince at age 17, our princess is now miserable, unmotivated and in a loveless marriage. In other words, just a basic bitch human. But when her father suddenly dies, she suspects foul play and embarks on an epic adventure to save not only her underwater kingdom but all of humankind!

Glassmeyer is writing and executive producing both projects. Sutton Street’s, Urman and Joanna Klein also executive produce. CBS TV Studios is the studio for both.
Source: https://deadline.com/2020/05/gracie-gla ... 202940796/

Post subject: Re: Washed Up
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:19 pm 
Platinum Edition

I'll probably watch this although I don't expect much out of it. I like a humorous unhappily ever after angle since the Disney character (although this is based on the tale, you know they're playing off people have grown up with Disney's film since the character actually married the prince here) has always been criticized for having "given up everything" to be with Eric.

Hailey Whitters ~ "Heartland"
Taylor Swift ~ "my tears ricochet"