Twilight Discussion

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

dvdjunkie wrote:For once I agree with Widdi on something (shock of all shocks!!).
Dear God! I didn't think it would ever happen... :lol:
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I'm getting tired of defending this movie. :P

You don't discover really anything about Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie, or Esme until Eclipse, really, so that's why they were so...bland, I guess.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

PeterPanfan wrote:I'm getting tired of defending this movie. :P
I don't blame you. It must take a lot out of you to defend... that.

Let's just say I saw it without paying for it, and, uh, wow. It's like "Eragon" so much in that it's an over-rated terribly written book turned into a terribly made movie.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Old Fish Tale wrote:I thought it was great!
Me too!

(don't hit me!)
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I'm not reading anything in this thread, because I still haven't finished reading "Twilight", and I want to and I want to read the other books, and I want no spoilers. So, I apologize if this was already posted- it's unlike me to post something if I know that it was posted, so please excuse this if it was already posted!

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnoth ... 13178.html

So the rumors are true. I've confirmed that Summit Entertainment is taking Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke off the sequel in this big new franchise. No doubt my posting this will speed up the studio's announcement, and Summit will surely try to spin this as all going down amicably. But that's only true between Summit and Hardwicke's CAA agent, not with the director herself. Worse, this terrible news for Hardwicke comes just as she and the Twilight cast are on their European press tour. No doubt, tomorrow's interviews in France will now focus entirely on what, if anything, Catherine did to deserve this treatment. This also could blow up into a scandal for Summit if it chooses a male director over Hardwicke, whose Twilight easily beat Mimi Leder's 1998 Deep Impact box office gross as the biggest opener for a female director. That was a record embraced by Hollywood feminists as a sign of growing gal power. Now Hardwicke's career will surely be damaged by this very public firing. Summit already has started preparing the Twilight sequel New Moon, based on Meyer's second book in the series, and, to contain costs, the studio is considering making Meyer's third book Eclipse back to back).

The word from inside Summit is that Hardwicke, the acclaimed Thirteen director, "was 'difficult' and 'irrational' during the making of Twilight," one insider explains to me. "That doesn't mean anything when you're talking about a filmmaker because they all are, but still..." (Indeed, Joe Roth and Sony kept saying those things about Julie Taymor on Across The Universe. Yet she made a cult classic and is now directing Marvel/Sony's Spider-Man for Broadway.) Says another of my sources, "Summit didn't like her. They're saying the [director of photography] Elliot Davis is the one responsible for the film's sumptuous visual look, that the editor Nancy Richardson had to save the film in post-production, and Summit thought Hardwicke's [CAA] agent Beth Swofford was alternately ineffectual and hysterical." In fact, I'm told that the studio has even had quiet talks with other CAA directors for the last week. "And Swofford never told Hardwicke about that and that she was about to get kicked to the gutter," an insider tells me. "To add insult to injury, Hardwicke can now look forward to being grilled by the press for days on end, in front of the cast, about why she's getting ....canned."
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

My roommate and I were talking about how this seemed likely to happen. Frankly, it's not like anyone can peg any success this movie has had on the director, and one could even argue that stronger direction might actually make, you know, a good movie next time around. Also, the possibility of pay was something I was thinking... not saying it had anything to do here, but hypothetically, she could have been easily replaced by a much cheaper director. Again, not saying that's the case, but it's not unheard of. It's not like the producers are out courting in-demand expensive directors.

And "Across the Universe" a cult classic? Maybe amongst stupid people...
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

SpringHeelJack wrote:And "Across the Universe" a cult classic? Maybe amongst stupid people...
Perhaps one can hope they were referring to Titus, Taymor's screen version of Shakespeare's "Titus Andronicus", as the cult classic. :P

albert (who likes the visual orgasm known as Across the Universe, despite its many faults.)
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

These are the extra for the dvd that I made up from the stuff I found on Stephenie Meyer's and other sites:
(The dvd will hit shelves March 21st)

Disc One
*Five extended scenes with director introductions
*Audio commentary (Catherine Hardwicke, Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart)
*Paramore Music video: ''Decode''
*Muse music video: "Super Massive Black Hole"
*Linkin Park music video: "Leave Out All the Rest"
*Penelope trailer

Disc Two
*Five deleted scenes with director introductions
*Seven-part documentary: "The Adventure Begins: ''The Journey from Page to Screen"
*Comic-Con Phenomenon featurettes
- Comic-Con "fandom" piece
- Comic-Con NY sizzle reel
*Three movie trailers
*And more!

Also, about the Blu-ray, director Catherine Hardwicke said:
"We are looking into to going back to ILM and pushing the sparkle scene a little further for the Blu-ray disc. We have about a dozen deleted or extended scenes to put on the DVD, and I made a couple crazy montages of all the times the vampires kiss or attack someone and of all the human hijinx, and I've done a visual remix of the movie for the DVD also."
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

I thought this was rather funny, and perhaps also true ;)

My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

Ooow, everyone is so mean to Twilight. I actually have a friend who hates it when she hasn't read the book and I know for a fact she enjoyed the movie. But if anybody has a reason to hate it, fine.
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

rs_milo_whatever wrote:Ooow, everyone is so mean to Twilight. I actually have a friend who hates it when she hasn't read the book and I know for a fact she enjoyed the movie. But if anybody has a reason to hate it, fine.
Like the chart put it, it's because they've met the fans ;) Personally, that's sort of why I don't care for the movie or have much intention to see it. All I hear is:

"zomg Twilight soooo rox" or just about anything else along those lines. It bores the hell out of me to hear the same thing without any real empthasis on why the movie is good. So yes, it's the fans that are driving me crazy and hating it. :)
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Although I've never met a fan personally (I met one person who said it was so bad it was good) I hate it simply for all the hype it's getting and a lack of a decent explanation for it. All I see is hilariously bad photos/commercials in ads. I just think to myself "who can anyone think this is a good movie?" I see critics slam it and other people my age do and I just know there are better vampire movies out there (kids today really need to find out who Bela Lugosi was), plus the whole vampire fetish is just gross and so is the appearance of the lead actor who can't seem to get a decent photo done of him. I'm lost as to what makes this movie special, that's all.

Don't care for it in general and hate the hype.
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

I am not a huge fan of Twilight. I read the books and did like them, enjoyed the movie and all...but I am not a die-hard fan. The last book totally killed it for me. I just pretend I didn't read it...it was like Seed of Chucky with less horror and more romance and cheeziness.

But the other books were good reads.

The trailer for New Moon has left me breathless though. Out of all 4 books, New Moon is my favorite.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=58186608
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I loved New Moon, being a major Jacob fan. This trailer looks AMAZING. If only Edward could have died....
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

I like Jacob more than Edward as well. I compare it to Angel/Buffy/Spike....Always liked Spike more...Angel and Edward are both too brooding and boring.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

In my defense, I have tried to give the Twilight series a fair chance. I made sure to read the first book before watching the movie, and I even have intentions to finish the rest of the series. That said, I could not get through the <i>New Moon</i> trailer without bursting into giggles every few seconds. This is entertaining stuff! :up:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

New Moon is the only book in the series I genuinely enjoyed (TEAM JACOB FTW!). I was kinda annoyed that the trailer focused so much on Edward... but I guess that's what the people want. Still don't get why...

Shocked they showed Jake becoming the wolf in the trailer. I expected to see a wolf, but not the transformation scene so early.
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

I finally made a Twilight music video...Plenty of Edward. I have another one in the works. Can't wait for New Moon for some Jacob videos :)

But really, this video is kinda craptacular...I really lost my inspiration for video making and been forcing myself too much.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFUjvOAMBz8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFUjvOAMBz8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

I love your video!

I had to post this! The red head was awesome!