Spice Girls Official Reuion- Cancelled DVD and Tour dates :(

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
James
Anniversary Edition

Spice Girls Official Reuion- Cancelled DVD and Tour dates :(

Post by James »

Ha, in your faces everyone, the Spice Girls are officially reuniting, with Mel C the last girl to agree to it. Rumour has it, a new single, greatest hits CD, and tour will follow it. Each girl will receive a multi-million dollar sum for it.
-James
Last edited by James on Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

2 things. 1: get really good producers. Good producers equal good music. 2: don't do a song about how they're back. You know, like in response to "Goodbye."
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

When you say they're reunited does that include Geri/Ginger Spice? I checked google, this news seems to be 2 years old, the reunion was supposed to mark the 10th anniversary for their first single Wannabe. So I'll wait and see what happens
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

You know, I forgot all about that! The way they play her on Vh1 and all those channels, you'd think there's no way she'll ever go back to that sort of thing again.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

No, pretty sure that all five original girls (minus Michelle Stephenson who was there from March-June 1994, and was replaced by Emma :) ) are going to do it. I don't have an internet source, I myself heard it on an Australian Hilary Duff forum. :lol: But, I asked for a source and the girl said that it's been on tons of entertainment shows today, and a few other people backed it up. It's not a rumour anymore, like it has been for ages, with the whole LivedAid, 10th Anniversary, and Princess Diana Memorial and stuff. And if the whole five weren't in it, they wouldn't have done it, sp am nearly 100% sure Geri is in it.
-James
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I like Geri the most, I think. I liked Sporty's look the best. But her solo stuff was boring.

I heard Geri was happily married or involved with someone. Has that changed? Will it now that she's going back to recording?
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

:shock: :clap: Thanks for the awesome news, James! I'm so happy! Everyone get ready to "Spice Up Your Life" once more... :lol: :roll: (bad joke, sorry!)
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I didn't used to like that song. It took me awhile. Only about 2 years ago did I learn to like it.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

If they hadn't got Haliwell back, I doubt I would've cared. Since they did, are they making a whole new CD or just a Greatest Hits with a tour? 'Cause the latter doesn't sound as interesting to me.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

That is so awesome, I am very much looking forward to a reunion. Unfortunately, I don't think they will strike it very big, again, I think their time has kinda come and gone. But, I love the Spice Girls and I can't wait to see how they do when they get back together.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I am mixed on this. They were okay at best, but I am not sure if a lot of people will buy their new music.
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

I did a search as well for this and came up with nothing. I'd feel better about this news if we actually had a source.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

PixarFan2006 wrote:They were okay at best, but I am not sure if a lot of people will buy their new music.
Well they'll have to compete with a lot of stupid music of today... Maybe they won't do well.

But they were great once. They have the stuff to be great again, it's just up to the world to decide whether or not they're going to be laughed at or not. Though personally... I think what the Pussycat Dolls are a part of is laughable to me. But they're only a slight extention on what Destiny's Child was. When Destiny's Child was popular, a bunch of 3-girl groups would pop up. Now, multiple-membered groups are back in vogue (although, let's not forget that Slipknot never really went away).

We're almost kind of looking at a Madonna-like comeback situation. She floundered around in musical genres for a long while, hurting a little bit (she never thought so though, part of the reason I'm sure she stayed afloat) because no one was listening to pop, and then was a bit older than her new contemporaries when she came back. They certainly are going to have to come up with another selling point beside "Girl Power!" Because well... America likes the sexy-slut / pop tease a little bit better now (thanks, Britney!). But maybe they'll be able to fill the Euro void though, with Kylie still recovering or whatever.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

This should be very interesting to see! Admittedly, I did like them when they were popular. Good to hear the news that Geri will be back as well, she was always my favorite!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

OH. MY. GOOOOOOOD!!!! I think I just died and went to heaven!!! You dont understand how long I've wanted this!!!!! Still, I'm a little apprehensive and wont start celebrating until there's some sort of source for it.... and if you're lying... I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

[joking]

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

Gosh :shock: ... now i gotta remember how to slam my body down and wind it all around all over again ...

:D
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Here's a link- http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/0306 ... ce_reunion And there's a photo of Geri and Emma leaving a recording studio somewhere, I'm sure it's on the net. And it'll be a greatest hits one with a few new songs, they won't be doing a completely new album.
-James
Farid
Limited Issue

Post by Farid »

I've read that they'll be reunited for the Concert for Diana.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

“This is the complete honest truth from the horses mouth. You know I’m truthful. There have been discussions but nothing’s been agreed at the moment. It could happen. It may not happen. There’s a million and one deciding things. I’ve always said I didn’t want to do it, and in my heart of hearts I’d rather leave it in the past really, but if the other four girls want to do it, I don’t want to be the one who stops it from being the complete five…. I might have to do it because I promised the Kaiser Chiefs I’d do it…. Everybody fundamentally is the same, everyone has the same personality, and the chemistry is still there when we get together. When we get together for social occasions it’s quite exciting.”
Melanie C, confirms the Spice Girls are planning a reunion.
-James
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

Spice World 2?