DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:35 pm 
Limited Edition

For those of you who had seen the film, "Snow White: A Tale of Terror". That movie stars Sigourney Weaver as Claudia (aka Snow White). The movie was released in 1997. That was 60 years after the animated version was made by Disney with the 7 Dwarfs. I haven't seen that movie before and it has lots of violence and sexuality. The movie is going to be on Bravo early Friday morning at 5:00 AM. Don't forget to watch it. Any thoughts about the movie, please do!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:34 pm 
Platinum Edition

I always told myself, I will rent this movie when I am finally old enough to see R-rated movies. That day has long since passed, and now all I have to do is shell out the five bucks to rent it. I might do a double scary fairy tale feature with The Company of Wolves. They are both movies I really want to see. I've put them off for too long...

Unfortunately, I don't have Bravo. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:43 pm 
Special Edition

Cool avatar, Disney Duster :wink:

I haven't heard about this movie before. Nor do I remember being relesed(but then again, I was about 5 or 6 when it came out.)5AM?! What a werid time slot! I doubt I'll be watching it because I need to get all the sleep I can.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:11 pm 
Platinum Edition

TashieGirl wrote:
Cool avatar, Disney Duster :wink:

Thank you very much, TashieGirl! I actually was hoping someone would say something about my avatar. It's my favorite scene of Disney animation, and I really hope they didn't mess it up in the restoration of Cinderella, which I'm so excited for coming out on DVD tomorrow!

I like your avatar, too. I remember you said you like Pinocchio, one of Disney's more "disturbing films". That avatar shows a scene that's kind of disturbing(some talking puppet's nose growing while he's trapped in a cage!).

And speaking of disturbing, isn't Snow White: At Tale of Terror supposed to be disturbing? Apparently the evil queen's mirror is creepy, and the evil queen crucifies Snow White's father, the king, upside down!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:19 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

never heard of it

It´s good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:56 pm 
Special Edition

Considering it is showing 5 AM on Bravo is a fairly good indication of that was not popular. I remember that it was coming out and I did want to see it. However, it came it went so I going to assume it was lame.

CR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:34 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I've seen it (it was on IFC one night and I was B-O-R-E-D) it was a pretty weird movie, but it seemed like they tried too hard to push every limit that they could. BTW, Sigourney Weaver played the Evil Queen ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:08 pm 
Special Edition

SPOILERS!!!!!

it is a pretty bad movie, not as bad as Shark Tale, but not exactly good either. The sex scene was completly unnecessary. The attempted rape scnce was also ridculous.
The plot is very different and has very little to do with the real story.

Beware of Hitchiking Ghosts
-The Haunted Mansion(DL and MK)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:03 am 
Suspended

SPOILERS!!!

I was a little disappointed that it wasn't more graphic, in terms of the violence. But it did have some great ideas = zombies, the evil Queen slaughtering the entire castle staff, dwarfs not being so friendly. Whoever that girl was playing Snow White, she was NOT appropriate for the role. It seems they only cast her because with those big eyes, it wouldn't be hard for her to look terrified. But she's also the kind of actor that bounces back too fast to things happening to her. I don't remember the sexual content, I rarely ever do. But I do remember that it didn't do much with the dark elements. The movie instead seemed to put all it's energy into the look of the film, which is quite larger than life for a film few people rented and no one saw in theaters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:29 pm 
Limited Edition

I'm watching that movie on my DVR. The movie "Snow White: A Tale of Terror" was an overrated movie. As I said on my first thread, the movie was released in 1997, that was 60 years after Disney made their first animated feature film. The movie did have some graphic violence and even some sexuality. Bravo did removed some of the violence and sex due to the content of the movie.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:17 am 
Special Edition

Do you guys know this film that came out in 1997 ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmaOhtn6ucs

It stars Monica Keena as Snow White (named Liliana in the film) and Sigourney Weaver as the evil witch.
This version gives more depth to the characters and has a fresh take on the classic fairy tale with the stepmother trying to get close to Snow White and the latter rejecting her.

I think both Monica Keena and Sigourney Weaver give great performances and while the film is not a masterpiece, it definitely has a few great moments and creepy scenes.
I watched this for the first time when I was around 8 years old thinking it would be a cute little movie like "Ever After" (which came out a year after this), so imagine my reaction when I got to watch scenes involving murder,rape, incest, satanist rituals and cannibalism. rotfl

So, for those of you who like films such as Interview With The Vampire or Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow, you might enjoy it.
By the way, it is way better than both Mirror Mirror and Snow White And The Huntsman.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:24 am 
Platinum Edition

I grew up on this film, and always loved it--almost exclusively because of Sigourney Weaver. The Queen definitely has a lot of screen potential. It's just like Snow White and the Huntsman--I like almost nothing else about that movie other than Charlize Theron's performance.

Carly Rae Jepsen ~ "Gimmie Love"
Carly Rae Jepsen ~ "Your Type"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:44 am 
Platinum Edition

I saw this. I, too, like it more than Mirror Mirror, but actually not more than Snow White and the Huntsman. I think Snow White and the Huntsman is a little better just because it's a little less weird and gory. Anyway, Snow White: A Tale of Terror's rather classy and good in my opinion until Snow White meets the weird and un-developed dwarfs. Then it has some really good creepy scenes, but the ending is just a mess.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:30 am 
Special Edition

Haha the fairy tale is way creepier than any of these versions.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:27 am 
Platinum Edition

I found the Satanic stuff, the way the Queen transformed into the hag and the stuff with the Queen's baby creepier than anything I read in the Grimm's Snow White.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:22 pm 
Special Edition

There is also this version of Snow White that I simply adore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JA31g3ZrQ4

It is a short Russian animated film based on The Tale of the Dead Princess and the Seven Knights
I've posted the french version and for those of you who are interested, I think you can follow the story easily even though it's in french.
I don't know if it has ever been dubbed in english but I know some people refer to it as Snow White And The Seven Knights as it replaces the seven dwarfs with seven knights.

Last edited by Redadoodles on Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:40 am 
Platinum Edition

That was so beautifully animated! The detail! It rivals Disney's in the animation department! Thank you for posting it!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:30 am 
Special Edition

My pleasure. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:12 pm 
Special Edition

Here is a trailer I edited for A Tale Of Terror using the sound from the trailer of Snow White And The Huntsman. It was quite fun to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4DsAXEONMY&t=1s