Chris Sanders' The Wild Robot (DreamWorks)

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Chris Sanders' The Wild Robot (DreamWorks)

Post by Sotiris »

Chris Sanders Returns to DreamWorks to Write and Direct โ€˜The Wild Robotโ€™
https://www.awn.com/news/chris-sanders- ... wild-robot
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Chris Sanders' The Wild Robot (DreamWorks)

Post by MoonMarc21 »

The premise is really interesting, and the fact that Chris Sanders is the one making this is great because itโ€™s an indicator that this will be a certified classic, just like Lilo and Stitch and How to Train Your Dragon. The concept art shown in the article is very video gamey, the kind of video game that prioritizes 4K graphics like The Last of Us or Horizon: Zero Dawn. I imagine that the trailer for this movie will show the pristine elements of the island, all grand and epic, until it switches to one of the animals cracking a joke in Dreamworksโ€™ kind of humor. :lol: Speaking of animals, do they talk? Most likely they do, as does the robot, but given that the premise takes place on an isolated island, maybe they would do pantomime in order to communicate, but since itโ€™s an animated movie geared towards a younger audience, I think they would. (I just answered my own question :P) All in all, Dreamworks excels in adapting books and novels into movies so Iโ€™m excited to see it. :Dย 
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea by Joe Hisashi (Song)
2. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. Shin Megami Tensei V (Video Game)
5. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

Releasing on September 20, 2024, sourced here:
https://deadline.com/2023/12/dreamworks ... 235677979/
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Trailer is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67vbA5ZJdKQ

And so is the poster: Image
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

Loved the trailer, actually exceeded my expectations of what the trailer will look like given that it's Dreamworks but since Chris Sanders is the one directing, I can see why they opted to be a bit more serious. When I saw Lupita Nyong'o in the poster, I immediately thought that she fits the role well. Did not expect Kit Connor to be there as the duckling child of the robot and Pedro Pascal too but you know what, I'll gladly take it. (The character looks like a leftover design from Migration hehe) I wonder how they're gonna seamlessly make them talk in an otherwise "serious" movie given that the trailer only shown all the animals not talking. Also, I noticed that they're using the same art style of Puss in Boots: The Last Wish which is again, cool. Really hyped me to watch it in theaters. :D
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

It feels very familiar. A cross between Iron Giant and Wall-E mixed in with Call of the Wild. There doesn't seem to be much of a plot. Just a series of vignettes where the robot experiences the magic of nature and protects the animals living there. I'm sure by the end, the robot will 'overcome' its programming, learn what it means to be part of a community, and find its place in the ecosystem. They are clearly trying to tug at the heartstrings, but I think it comes off as schmaltzy. I hate that they're using non-photorealistic rendering again. It's at the same time too subtle to be visually interesting and innovative and not subtle enough to not feel distracting and uncomfortable. When will this trend in the industry die already? Darn you Spider-Verse!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Trailer was interesting, but it concerned me that it was the EXACT same visual style as Puss in Boots :huh: I didnt like that they changed the Animation style from the photo realistic in the first Puss to the stylised one, since it feels like its not an ACTUAL connected continuation, but at the same time the sequels vibe was more mature and traditional than the first, and the New style helped to distinguish it from the Shrek franshise and have a more fairytaleyyy look. But now that this Robot film also has this style, I wonder what this will mean for future Dreamworks movies, especially the rumored Shrek 5, i wouldnt like if it would look like this, especially since its a fairytale satire and having this painterly tale look just speaks against it :glare: . But Kung Fu Panda 4s style is thankfully consistent :embarrassed: :kermit:

Wouldnt surprise me if this one will end up winning the Oscar for animated film. But im way more interested in Sonys Fixed :check:
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink: