What trailers played before the last movie you saw?

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Re: What trailers played before the last movie you saw?

Post by Avaitor »

How haven't you seen any of the X-Men movies??
EZLiver9139
Limited Issue

Post by EZLiver9139 »

Avaitor wrote:How haven't you seen any of the X-Men movies??
There's a extremely long list of classics/modern blockbusters I've yet to touch. Where is that thread?
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

EZLiver9139 wrote:
Avaitor wrote:How haven't you seen any of the X-Men movies??
There's a extremely long list of classics/modern blockbusters I've yet to touch. Where is that thread?
[ur=http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22708]Here![/url]
Gabrielkat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gabrielkat »

Trailers in front of Rio 2 (all in 3D, unless otherwise noted):

Dolphin Tale 2 (in 2D)
Planes: Fire & Rescue
Peanuts
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I would see Rio 2 just to watch the Peanuts trailer in 3D.
EZLiver9139
Limited Issue

Post by EZLiver9139 »

In front of Ernest & Celestine (The only animated movie from last year that could possibly match or even rival Frozen)
Dancing in Jaffa (A cross-cut examination of a 10-week dance course in an Israeli port town, and the people around it; Rental)
Watermark (Canadian documentary focusing on how man has relied on and overused the element of water; Rental)
Afternoon of a Fawn (Study on legendary ballerina Tanaquil Le Clercq; May not be my cup of tea)
Ilo Ilo (Singaporean slice-of-life drama between a family on edge during the '97 Asian financial crisis and their new maid; No Interest, yet)
Finding Vivian Maier (The discovered secret backlog of a nanny turned street photographer; Rental)

And appearing in front of Rio 2 (A worthy successor, despite the excess in subplots)
[in 3D, unless otherwise noted]
Earth to Echo (2D; No interest here. That may be on account on the grade school element)
Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return (2D, despite the film receiving 3D release. Blame it on Cinemark insisting Lea Michele [Dorothy] film an intro to the trailer. Star of Glee or no, this one's a pass. Even bigger insult to Baum's original manuscript than Sam Raimi's Oz.)
The Boxtrolls (Proving that stop-motion can still be useful in telling a story; Must-See)
Planes: Fire and Rescue (Wow. What a random change in tone with this new trailer. For the moment, I'll say Must See-ish)
Peanuts (Nothing but an animation test for a feature that's still 18 months off; Talk to me at this time next year)
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Now I feel like I've seen too much; Must-See)
Short: Almost Home (Just in case nobody was paying attention when this ran before Peabody/Sherman, here it is again. Get back to me when the first proper trailer drops)
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

In front of "Cesar Chavez":

La Vida Robot
Step Up: All In
Heaven Is For Real
Godzilla
The Railway Man
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

In front of "Bears":

The Boxtrolls
Monkey Kingdom
Dolphin Tale 2
Paddington
How To Train Your Dragon 2
Planes: Fire and Rescue
EZLiver9139
Limited Issue

Post by EZLiver9139 »

In front of Transcendence (Chris Nolan's best friend's attempt at a unique hybrid of "Her" and Spielberg's "Artificial Intelligence"; Well-crafted, but extremely muddling)
Walking with the Enemy (Kingsley or no, this one could just fly over my head; No Interest)
Lucy (Up to this point, I was clearly thinking unauthorized Lucille Ball biopic when really it's just another Scarlett action showcase; Will Consider)
Brick Mansions (Despite the credentials of Luc and Paul, I'll pass)
The Expendables III (Can't be bothered on this, despite the full-assault star power; No Interest, yet)
Jupiter Ascending (This has camp-value flop written all over it; Slight Interest)
Jersey Boys (Eastwood's first musical, at long last; Must-See)

And in front of Bears (77 minutes may not have been enough with these characters)
Paddington (Not much to take away here in this teaser; Talk to me when more proper footage drops)
Earth to Echo (Nothing but grade-school summer matinee fare; No Interest)
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Must-See, for all the right reasons)
Dolphin Tale 2 (There might be something to like here, I've just yet to find it; No Interest)
Planes: Fire and Rescue (Worth my time, but only on account the trailers may be masking some insecurities)
Monkey Kingdom (Disneynature's next release; If I could make time for it so close to Avengers 2, maybe?)
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

In front of "The Grand Budapest Hotel":

A Million Ways To Die In the West
Mom's Night Out
Transformers: Age of Extinction
Earth To Echo
Last edited by Big Disney Fan on Mon May 05, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gabrielkat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gabrielkat »

Trailers in front of Disneynature's Bears:

Paddington
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Monkey Kingdom (Disneynature's next release)
Planes: Fire & Rescue
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

In front of The Amazing Spider-man 2:

X-men:DoFP(must-see. I enjoyed the other films. Too much Wolverine though, despite my liking him)
The Expendables 3(another action-fest, no doubt. Not interested)
The Boxtrolls(this may resonate with some audiences in front of such a blockbuster. Good.)
Annie(new, less obnoxious trailer. I may actually see this one)

It's been 5 days, so I don't quite remember any others.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Before The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which I liked better than most critics and about as much as the first, but it hardly amazing)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I'm not a Michael Bay fan, and this doesn't look to change my opinion, even if he's only a producer. I'm not going to pull out the "rape my childhood" card, since that's a terrible term and I don't care that much, but I can see why bigger TMNT fans aren't happy with this one. Pass.)
Annie (I think it's a nice idea for a modernized, racially diverse Annie film, but I can't say I'm interested in this, either. Mostly since I can't stand the original to begin with. :P Blame my sister on that.)
22 Jump Street (I'm told that the first one was hilarious, and I'm sure that's true. This looks okay, although it reminds me of The Hangover 2, which isn't a great thing. Maybe if I see the first before this comes out, I'll go.)
EZLiver9139
Limited Issue

Post by EZLiver9139 »

In front of Neighbors (First true triumph of the summer, comedy or otherwise)
[Green Band, unless otherwise noted]
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Neither worth time or money; No Interest)
The Expendables III (Define "star power"; No Interest, yet)
22 Jump Street (Chapter 1 surprised me with succeeding on its required action comedy criteria; I expect nothing short of that here; Must-See)
The Purge: Anarchy (The monumental annual "futuristic night of ritual" from the other side of the coin; No Interest, unless I can get in on cheap seat levels)
Let's Be Cops [Red Band, first time ever where it's not just on the interwebs] (New Girl's Schmidt and Coach in an alternate timeline; Must-See)
A Million Ways to Die in the West [Red Band] (The quirky western people will actually view in droves, I hope; Must-See)
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

In front of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which left me torn and really empty. Where's Raimi when you need him!):

Annie (might see this one)
Maleficent (personally excited for :D)
22 Jump Street (might see this one to)
TMNT 2014 (may or may not see it)
A Million Ways to Die in the West (pass)

That's all I can remember.
Last edited by Musical Master on Tue May 27, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
EZLiver9139
Limited Issue

Post by EZLiver9139 »

In front of the new Godzilla (May Roland Emmerich finally be atoned for his sins):

22 Jump Street (Please refer to my previous post)
Interstellar (Chris Nolan's next project; Despite opening the same weekend as Big Hero 6, it's a must-see)
Lucy (Miss Johansen continues to discover her potential with stuff like this; Commendable, but for me it's a pass)
Into the Storm (Nothing but a generic natural disaster action-thriller; No Interest)
Edge of Tomorrow (For once, I could take Tom Cruise seriously; Slightly interested)
How To Train Your Dragon 2 (Attending a gala screening during my city's film fest soon before general release. That's how committed I may be; Must-See)
EZLiver9139
Limited Issue

Post by EZLiver9139 »

In front of Beyond the Brick: A Lego "Brick-umentary" (Viewed during hometown film fest; The perfect companion piece to that studio film)
I Am Big Bird: The Carroll Spinney Story (Pretty much what the title entails; Might be difficult to resist)
A Brony Tale (Focus on the fandom during one of their large-scale conventions, through the eyes of one of the voice-actresses; Might give it a chance)

In front of Blended (Preview screening; May be that he's reuniting with Ms. Barrymore, but the Sandman may have found his mojo again)
Jersey Boys (A musical that may not seem like a musical on the surface; Blame Clint; Must-See)
If I Stay (Can't peg out what genre this would belong to: Paranormal thriller, or romantic horror; No Interest)

In front of Need For Speed (Second-Run, 3D; If the attempt was to create a Newman/Mcqueen-esque racing film for the Fast & Furious generation, they've [almost] succeeded)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Pretty much the same extended preview shown ahead of The Dark World; Necessary Purchase)
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Before X-Men: DoFP

Guardians of the Galaxy

Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

In front of "Million Dollar Arm":

The Hundred-Foot Journey
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Get On Up
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
If I Stay
How To Train Your Dragon 2
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Before Maleficent and A Million Ways To Die In The West(in that order):

Annie
Guardians of the Galaxy(this and BH6 were the only ones in 3D)
Big Hero 6
Earth to Echo

22 Jump Street
The Expendables 3
As Above, So Below.