DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 45  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:54 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Hey Luke, will you be reviewing the Animaniacs and P&TB Volume 1 dvds? :)

Pretty please with pink elephants on top?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:50 am 
Platinum Edition

If this were UltimateWarnerBrothers, he probably would, lol...

Escapay

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:08 am 
Limited Edition

magicalwands wrote:
Hey Luke, will you be reviewing the Animaniacs and P&TB Volume 1 dvds? :)

Pretty please with pink elephants on top?

I so doubt it. I'd rather see a Pinky and the Brain review though, considering I haven't ever seen Animaniacs before and love Pinky and the Brain.
-James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:06 pm 
Site Admin

Hey if Warner sent me a review copy in advance of release date, I'd happily review "Animaniacs." Unfortunately, they won't even answer my e-mails with regards to getting access to their press site, so I don't see that remotely happening. Sorry.

I suppose one way to look at it is: their loss (of coverage), my gain (of time). But like I said, I wouldn't object to them wanting the scales tipped in their favor!

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:59 pm 
Gold Collection

Good review there Aaron It's a Small World of Fun Volume 1, even though I can't wait until High School Musical and Mystic Force Make their grand debuts on DVD in the End of May and First Tuesday in June respectively along with Dumbo Big Top Edition which i will probably buy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:28 am 
Limited Edition

Good job on the Walt Disney's It's a Small World of Fun! Volume 1, and Walt Disney's It's a Small World of Fun! Volume 2 dvd reviews, Aaron and Luke! I think I will be passing on buying them. "Grievance of a Starmaker" and "Crazy with the Heat" just aren't enough to make me part with my money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:47 am 
Platinum Edition

Well, as far as capsule reviews go, the latest was A-OK. Don't think I'll be picking up any of the titles. Never cared much for the Bruckheimer films, and the others all sound rather dull, but I may give Shadows in the Sun a rental, though I was surprised at its aspect ratio (a 2.13:1 film cropped to 1.33:1 sounds horrible). But I've got a soft spot for the stars, and of the six, it seems like the only one I'd ever go out of my way to catch on TV (which, come to think of it, would be cheaper since they'll likely play it at least once every few months on ABC Family).

No elephants again. Strike's still going on. They're demanding commission now. 50 peanuts each for every review I read and have them dance for. For now, Lumpy's getting them, along with some rumpledoodles...

:pink:

Escapay

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:38 pm 
Limited Edition

Awesome job on the May 2006 DVD Roundup. I enjoy reading the dvd roundups.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:05 am 
Gold Collection

High School Musical was one of my favorite D-Com's, I think i Liked Zenon better but being 22 i can tell how good High School did one of the best Disney Channel Original Movies of the Year ever since The Original Zenon for me. Good Review Aaron, now to wait for June 6th to get the Mystic Force theme which would only take a couple of minutes and possibily a Dumbo song in my head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:09 pm 
Limited Edition

Good job on the High School Musical: Encore Edition DVD Review, Aaron!
Good job on the High School Musical: Encore Edition DVD Launch Celebration, Pluto Region1! I liked the pictures you took.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:24 am 
Platinum Edition

Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(
Luke - Pooh review was a nice read, but I wanted to used this post as an excuse to say "Playtime with Pooh" is the most unfortunate title for a DVD ever.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:10 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense
Loomis wrote:
"Playtime with Pooh" is the most unfortunate title for a DVD ever.

Thank you.

:lol:
OK, and since a post needs to be more productive than a laugh, I might as well say that while I haven't read the latest reviews offered, I think that the team of this site has been constantly doing a great job at giving us the best reviews out there for Disney DVD. Your work is wholeheartedly appreciated, and is never taken for granted! A big thank you from me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:57 pm 

I haven't posted in months, so I feel kind of guilty for posting a request. So I'll start out with a compliment! :lol:

Thanks so much for all of the reviews. I never find the time to post, but I read every single review, and they are so helpful! They are always informative, easy to read, and entertaining. I especially love reviews for complicated sets (TV seasons, Treasures, etc) that help guide me to what are the good bonus features.

Now on to my request. I know there are constantly new DVDs to review, but is there any chance of going back to review some of the older direct-to-video titles? Specifically, I'm interested in:

American Legends
Atlantis: Milo's Return
Stitch! The Movie
Tarzan & Jane
Many of the "II" movies (Hunchback, Pocahontas, Little Mermaid, etc)

I'm considering buying some of these and would love to have the expert opinions of the UD staff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:39 pm 
Limited Edition

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMM-AH! NO MORE EXAMS, TESTS, WORK, TEACHERS, OR FAILING GRADES! I CAN FINALLY START POSTING FREQUENTLY AGAIN!

Ahem, had to get that out before I started. Geez, so much feedback to get caught up on! Better get started...

Great Scrubs review, Luke! I agree with Aaron, you nailed what made the third season so great. I can't wait to see the episode where Ben Sullivan dies; that's one of my all-time favorite episodes. Glad video & audio are excellent, but c'mon, only two commentaries?! Gah, I wish Scrubs would do what The Simpsons does and record a commentary for every episode. Thanks for the links to the online commentaries though; I haven't listened to them yet, but I'm going to very soon. The rest of the bonus features sound pretty cool, especially the The New Elliot featurette, since Sarah Chalke is one of my many celebrity crushes. I really need to pick this up ASAP; I just wish the show wouldn't waste so much potential with its DVD releases, as far as bonus features go.

As overrated as I think the movie is, your review almost makes me want to check High School Musical out, Aaron. Great job! I can't understand Disney sometimes; first they change Aladdin & the King of Thieves' aspect ratio from fullscreen to widescreen, then they only give us the fullscreen version of High School Musical when a widescreen version is available as well? I just can't figure out which "screen" Disney likes better.

Lastly, I must say that whoever thought of the Growing Up with Winnie the Pooh series needs to be dragged out into the street and shot. The New Adventures of WtP was one of my all-time favorite shows as a kid, and seeing it treated like this breaks my heart. I actually really want this DVD, since I loved the Bubble Trouble episode, but I guess I'll just wait to see if Disney will release a season set sometime in the future, as crazy as it sounds. I'm glad to see someone who likes the series (and the theme song) as much as I did, Luke. Great review!

Luke wrote:
I'll continue to hang on and try to keep things going, but feeling personally and financially burnt out, I honestly don't know how much of a future there is to the site in its current form.

:jawdrop:

Don't think like that! I can understand what you mean; having to pay to run a website wouldn't be very fun after a while, but I'm sure you and the site will be fine. Besides, this year is a big year for Disney DVD, and I'm sure we'll get a huge influx of people reading the reviews and checking out the site soon. :)

I know you guys feel that the job you do isn't appreciated, but it really is. Some people just don't voice their appreciation, for some reason. I just really want you to know that the hard work that goes into the reviews is very much appreciated; not just Luke's work, but every other reviewer, such as Aaron, David, Renata, etc. Also, I think that the fact that you guys continue to do a stellar job with the reviews, even when you don't think many people are reading them, really shows your dedication to make this site truly great.

Sorry, I suck at pep talks.

On another note, I had no idea that ichabod was David Willis. Awesome Treasures review, David! The set sounds awesome, and I would probably love the Conversation with Bill Farmer featurette, since I can never get enough of voice actor interviews. I haven't seen any of the shorts on the DVD, but as someone who has enjoyed the Goofy shorts on House of Mouse, I might pick this up if I'm lucky enough to see it somewhere.

Keep up the good work, guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks a bunch, Pasta, for the feedback and words of encouragement. Glad you've been able to catch up with reviews and that you'll be around here more often now! Some people seem to drift away during the summer, while others are able to post more. I'm glad you're in the latter class. If many others are reading as dilligently as you, then I guess I can't feel bad for putting as much time/work into my reviews as I do. I'm sure the same goes for Aaron and the others. You taking the time to tell us what you think of the reviews is wholeheartedly appreciated.

Thanks also to everyone else who left comments, from the silly to the demanding (labels that are not at all meant to be taken the wrong way). They all are read and certainly considered as far as future reviews go. They also illustrate that the reviews are being read by a large number of people even when the stats on some suggest not nearly large enough to justify the work.

Oh and epcotfan4, I'd love to get reviews of titles we missed, but unfortunately, the only unreviewed sequels/DTVs I own are <i>The Little Mermaid II</i>, <i>Buzz Lightyear of Star Command</i>, and <i>Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas</i>. The last of those three is definitely a goal for the end of the year, but I'm hesitant to tackle <i>Mermaid II</i>, with the original coming out and it being long out of print. We'll see, though. I still got to hit some of the recent/upcoming ones before BVHE slows down for the summer.

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:41 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Luke wrote:
I'll continue to hang on and try to keep things going, but feeling personally and financially burnt out, I honestly don't know how much of a future there is to the site in its current form.

I never saw this! :shock:
Well, I definetely ditto what Pasta had to say. Luke, is there any way I can contact you personally? I need to ask you a few questions...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:22 am 
Collector's Edition

CJ wrote:
Good job on the High School Musical: Encore Edition DVD Review, Aaron!
Good job on the High School Musical: Encore Edition DVD Launch Celebration, Pluto Region1! I liked the pictures you took.

Thank you! Glad you liked!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:08 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Hey welcome back Pluto Region1.

I've been wondering where you've been since you haven't posted since Janurary. :thumb:

Awesome trip report BTW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:26 am 
Site Admin

DisneyFan 2000 wrote:
I never saw this! :shock:
Well, I definetely ditto what Pasta had to say. Luke, is there any way I can contact you personally? I need to ask you a few questions...

Yep, the e-mail link below each of my posts works well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:18 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I never notice those poor things.. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 45  Next