DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks very much for reading the review and leaving feedback. You two are really good about doing that and I appreciate it.

I've fixed the two errors in question as well. Thank you.

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:49 pm 
Gold Collection

Awesome Rewiew There Luke. I also noticed the mistake but then clicked the link on the bottom of the page. Dinosaurs Seasons 1 and 2 once i get enough Money will be a Buy for me but somewhere after High School Musical and Obviously you knowing me for a couple of Months Power Rangers Mystic Force Volume 1. I have a question though about the Box Set of the 3 Pooh Movies slated for release later in the year, are they worth it since i have never seen any Pooh movies besides Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:36 am 
Collector's Edition

Don´t know if this is the right place to say this but I hope so.
In the review of THE COMPLETE GOOFY TREASURE TIN there is a little misstake.
The two "missing" shorts: Freewayphobia & Freeway trouble are NOT made in 1951.
Therey are from 1965.
Hope this could be corrected by Luke!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:26 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Great review of The Golden Girls: The Complete Fifth Season, Aaron! I am so happy that Buena Vista decided to give us better bonus features. This is a great season, and I can't wait to get through it all.

Wow, it's amazing. There was a time I never thought we would have this wonderful show on DVD. Now, we only have two season's left. It has gone by so fast. I also hope we will get The Golden Palace on DVD. That would be the icing on the cake, to me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:29 pm 
Limited Edition

Great job on the Golden Girls fifth season DVD review, Aaron! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:59 am 
Site Admin

Chernabog wrote:
In the review of THE COMPLETE GOOFY TREASURE TIN there is a little misstake.

Thanks. I've fixed this.

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:29 am 
Limited Edition

Just read the Scrubs- Season Three review- pretty good stuff. Scrubs is on tonight, so now after reading the review I'm gonna tape it, along with American Dad and Family Guy (they're one after the other in Australia, on the same network). I really love Scrubs, and my fave character is Elliot. She's just so crazy. Yeah, good review and keep up the great work Luke. Really appreciate them, and most of the time I prefer your reviews than Gord Lacey's over at TVShowsonDVD.com, even though they are pretty good. Yours are just so much better with the pictures and the details and the little captions over the images (I love reading them- but the Tom Cavanaugh one didn't work.) I'm just rambling now so I'll just shut up now.
Great work! :) :D :) :D :) :D
-James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, James. As you can imagine, the season sets entail a lot of work to make sure all the information is correct. They probably don't get enough views to justify the long, time-consuming format, either. Nevertheless, I'm really glad to hear that you enjoy them. And thanks for the caption correction. (It's been fixed.) It seems like a lot of other DVD sites either don't review TV shows or present a superficial critique of what is clearly not a complete season viewing.

My hope has been that people would appreciate the level of attention and thought we pay to just about everything we review here. Unfortunately, it seems like that is not the case, as plenty of folks only stumble upon our efforts while searching Google Images for pictures of the Green Ranger and Lizzie McGuire, presumably to try to steal for their MySpace accounts and never return.

Oh well, it's been nearly 5½ years of running this site - about 2½ of which have found this a review-driven site - and it's mostly been a lot of fun. I'll continue to hang on and try to keep things going, but feeling personally and financially burnt out, I honestly don't know how much of a future there is to the site in its current form. All of this is really my long-winded way of saying thank you for the feedback. The comments from the few in this thread (you, MadonnasManOne, Pasta67, Loomis, Escapay, CJ, Aaron, Robin Hood, PR Fan, and others) who illustrate that they have read the reviews are largely the only thanks received for what is an enormous amount of work. I appreciate the remarks and would like to thank you all for making it easier to continue doing what may or may not be worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:19 pm 
Gold Collection

Luke,

Sorry to hear of the feelings of burnout. I can understand how hard it is to continue your efforts. I want you to know how much I appreciate your work and the time you spend keeping this site great. I first found this site looking for information on Song of the South in 2004. I sent you a question and you answered it promptly. I've been coming back ever since for all of my Disney news.

Thank you very much - Stinky Pete

Outtakes from Toy Story 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:33 pm 
Collector's Edition

Yeah, I really enjoy reading all the reviews. I hope you can keep delivering them but I would understand if there needed to be a change to the way you can review them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:54 pm 
Platinum Edition

Lukester, as long as there's a growing UD community, you can be sure that there will be a growing interest in the reviews, despite the anemic amount of feedback that seems to come from us.

I've been lagging a bit in my feedback mainly because of those damn elephants. They keep defecting to other users and working for more peanuts than I offer! One of these days I gotta corral them all together and brand them with the Escapay name. But fear not, for I do read the reviews every time one's posted! It's just the elephants that keep me from coming here as much as I'd like...

:pink: comes back...

Ah yes, what have you found out?

:pink: : They've set up camp over in Off-Topic, your Excellency.

Good. We'll move in with the brickface smilies ( :brick: )soon, herd them back over here...

:pink: : Will do, o Magnificent Escapay...

Escapay

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:51 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Luke, please know that the reviews posted (whether you review them, or not) are very much appreciated! As I've said many times, UltimateDisney.com is my top destination on the net. I sure hope that reviews will keep being offered, because they are not in vain. I even reference the older reviews, in order to help fill holes in the collection, or just have a more informed view of what I might want to get in the future.

I appreciate all of the hard work that everyone who contributes to UltimateDisney puts into this site. I also use the links on this site, whenever I purchase something online. Although, I don't purchase online much, whenever I can, I go through UD.

Please, everyone, let Luke, Aaron, and everyone else who works on the reviews know that you've read them, even if it is simply just saying thanks for the review!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:10 am 
Limited Edition

Good job on "The Golden Girls": Season Five review, Aaron!
Good job on "The Complete Goofy" review, David Willis!
And Good job on "Scrubs" The Complete Third Season review, Luke!

A big Thank You to all the reviewers. I appreciate all the time and hard work you put into writing all the reviews.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:39 pm 
Gold Collection

Luke, Aaron, the Rest of the Reviewers and Contributors thank you very much, I've enjoyed this site a lot even before i didn't register. I've liked that besides TV Shows on DVD you Seemed to be one of the first to confirm Ducktales and Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers. Also I liked that Complete Goofy DVD Review even thought That Goofy is not my fav. Disney Character that would be Mickey and Pluto. Also another Reason i found this site was for Aaron Wallace's Power Rangers Space Patrol Delta Volume 1 Joining Forces DVD Review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:05 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

CJ wrote:
Good job on "The Complete Goofy" review, David Willis!

Thanks! You know the thought just occured to me that only a couple of you actually know that my name was David! :lol:

But 'twas little ol' me all along!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:46 pm 
Platinum Edition

Great job on your introductory review, David! You've given the Goofy WDT set the well-written and thoroughly comprehensive review that it deserves. I haven't yet gotten into my Goofy set but your review has me very anxious to do so.

As for Scrubs, this is one of my favorite shows currently on TV. I've followed it from the beginning and all three of UD's "Scrubs" reviews have <i>nailed</i> what makes this sitcom so unique. Luke, your season 3 review touched on every observation I had made during my original viewing of the third season (when it was on TV) plus some that I hadn't made. Just as your Season One review "got" what the show is about, the new review really "gets" the 3rd season too. Sounds like another fun (though a little less fun) set... I really need to start buying these!

Amy dances to welcome Ichabod to the review staff:

...and she dances in celebration of another fantastic "Scrubs" review:

-Aaron

• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the encouraging feedback and dancing pachyderms/singer-songwriters, all! As you know, it's much appreciated.

New review just posted:
<b>Walt Disney's It's a Small World of Fun! Volume 2</b>
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/itsasmall ... lume2.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:55 pm 
Platinum Edition

Nice review Luke, I just read it. I don't think that I'll be buying this, as because I'm saving up for things that I truly and absolutely want (e.g. The Little Mermaid Platinum Edition & The Fox and the Hound 25th Anniversary Edition). Anyway, once again, great review, but I'll have to pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:36 pm 
Platinum Edition

Excellent review, Lukester. I was originally thinking of picking up both volumes of It's A Small World of Fun, but after reading the review for the second, I'll probably pick up only the first (since it'll have "Grievance of a Starmaker"), and wait for the Donald-Goofy short to appear in a Chronological Donald treasure set.

Or of course, if I feel like wasting some money, I'll pick up both.

No dancing elephants today, they're still on strike. Well, except for Lumpy. He was visiting from the Hundred Acre Wood and is nice enough to do a little dancing for us. After all, he's not an elephant, he's a heffalump. But they do look the same, don't they?

:pink:

Escapay

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:38 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Nice review of It's A Small World of Fun! Volume 2, Luke! It's too bad that they couldn't put one more short on it, to bring it to the one hour mark. I understand that it's not a "huge" release for Disney, but, it would be nice to have these shorts presented in the best quality that they could muster.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next