UltimateDisney.com/DVDizzy.com Reviews: Discussion Thread

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
Luke
Site Admin

UltimateDisney.com/DVDizzy.com Reviews: Discussion Thread

Post by Luke »

Feel free to post review feedback in this thread, as it's always nice to get reader response.

<u>More Articles:</u>
DVDizzy.com DVD Reviews Index (Field-Sortable with Ratings)
UltimateDisney.com DVD Reviews Index
UltimateDisney.com Disney CD Reviews Index
UltimateDisney.com Interviews Index

<u>Archived Feedback:</u>
February 2005 - January 2006
Last edited by Luke on Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:28 pm, edited 1128 times in total.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Hey Luke, I loved your Goof Troop Review!!!!
To bad it only has 3 episodes and not 25 or more.
I guess Quack Pack is on it's way.

Great Dead Poets Society, Aaron!!!!!
I still have to see that movie.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
macphoen

Post by macphoen »

Aaron, thanks for the review for "Dead Poets Society".

I also read the review for "Lost". I wanted to make sure I mention that as well. Lindsay, and once again Aaron, thanks for that.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Great review of Stanley, Aaron. It's probably the toughest kind of DVDs to review since it's really not for you, lol.

I really can't wait for The Lady & The Tramp: 2-Disc Special 50th Anniversary Platinum Edition review! At least Luke you don't have too many other DVDs to review before it arrives so I'm hoping we can get the review a couple days before it gets released on February 28th. At least I hope so. :)
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Lucylover1986 wrote:I really can't wait for The Lady & The Tramp: 2-Disc Special 50th Anniversary Platinum Edition review! At least Luke you don't have too many other DVDs to review before it arrives so I'm hoping we can get the review a couple days before it gets released on February 28th. At least I hope so. :)
I'm hoping to have it done much further in advance than just a couple of days. It doesn't look like the DVD is coming today, but I'm expecting it almost definitely to come on Monday or Tuesday. By then, I should ideally have my deck down to just two, which are already late and therefore can wait for <i>Lady</i>.

Right now, I'm happy to report that I'm done with my review of "Grey's Anatomy": Season One:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/greysanatomy-season1.html

This is something I was hoping to have finished by Monday, but kept taking me longer. It wound up being longer than I expected, but hopefully some will find my comments on the series and the DVD useful, based on the number of people who watch the show.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Luke wrote:Right now, I'm happy to report that I'm done with my review of "Grey's Anatomy": Season One:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/greysanatomy-season1.html

This is something I was hoping to have finished by Monday, but kept taking me longer. It wound up being longer than I expected, but hopefully some will find my comments on the series and the DVD useful, based on the number of people who watch the show.
Great review, Luke. I've seen only one episode of the show (the one after the Super Bowl), and I really enjoyed it. Based upon your review of the first season, I'm looking forward to picking this up!

Now, if Aaron will just get that review of The Golden Girls: The Complete Fourth Season posted! :wink:
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

MadonnasManOne wrote:Now, if Aaron will just get that review of The Golden Girls: The Complete Fourth Season posted! :wink:
Here ya go:
• <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/thegolden ... .html">The Golden Girls: The Complete Fourth Season</a>
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Luke wrote:
MadonnasManOne wrote:Now, if Aaron will just get that review of The Golden Girls: The Complete Fourth Season posted! :wink:
Here ya go:
• <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/thegolden ... .html">The Golden Girls: The Complete Fourth Season</a>
Thanks for pointing me to it, Luke!

Great review, Aaron! It's funny, you picked most of my favorite episodes as your favorites. One I'm surprised you didn't pick was the episode where Dorothy is set-up on the blind date, "Love Me Tender". It is so hilarious that all four women end up lusting over the guy. Sophia jumping on him at the end of that episode is one of the most hilarious moments of the show.

I'm so happy to own these wonderful shows on DVD. I just wish Buena Vista had not waited until Season 5, before deciding that we should have some decent bonus features.

Anyway, The Golden Girls: The Complete Fourth Season is a great way to celebrate Valetines Day, so I'm happy!
PR Fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PR Fan »

Nice job Luke on that Wild Hearts review. I guess i still have to play the waiting game since Power Rangers SPD Volumes 4 and 5 have been out for roughly 2 months.
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Great job on the Golden Girls Season 4 review, Aaron. :)
- Jonathan
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Good reviews indeed! How about that Monsters, Inc. review? It's only been sitting at the bottom along with that Mickey Mouse Treasures review since you opened this thread a year ago, :lol: I actually just watched Monsters, Inc. last night. Such a great movie! It never fails to entertain.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Glad you liked my picks, MM1... picking 10 was rather difficult.

Monsters, Inc. will come. It's bounced back and forth around the review staff and it's landed at me to write the second half. It's at the bottom of the list because it's the lowest priority. It had already been out for a long time when it was put on the list, and Disney has kept us plenty busy with newer releases which take higher priority, and we've been serving up a hefty slate of reviews for that whole year. Fortunately, our to-review list is currently shorter than it's been in a while.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Very nice Lady & The Tramp review Luke! I am really looking forward to owning this movie. I never have seen LATT before so I can't wait! Being a Disney film and also part of the Platinum line I had no problem with doing a blind preorder of this one.

October though can't come quickly enough for the next PE, The Little Mermaid, truly my most anticipated DVD ever. I've been waiting years for this one. I might hunt you down Luke and steal your review copy when you get it in September, :lol:
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Great Review on LATT, Luke I can't wait to buy 5 DVD's of LATT. LOL :lol:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
PR Fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PR Fan »

Awesome Review of Lady and the Tramp even thought, The Release Date actually sucks for me thought since their are two shows non Disney i want to get. But besides that sweet review, even though i have always been wondering what town the film takes place in, since i actually live in New England.
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Great job on the Lady and the Tramp Plat. Edition review, Luke. It's too bad Lady and the Tramp didn't get a nice giftset like Cinderella, Lion King and Aladdin.
- Jonathan
Kossage
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kossage »

Good job with the LATT review, Luke. It was an interesting read. :)
Some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart.
GOGOinVegas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by GOGOinVegas »

Another stellar review Luke! I am even more excited to get L&tT!
And now I can tell everyone that watches it with me about Cinemascope! :)
We appreciate all your time put into these reviews! They are so en-Gah-Ross-ing :wink:
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

If you're wondering where the bulk of 25 pages of posts previously appearing in this thread have gone, they're here:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=13733

Like any thread, I figure it's best to cap this one off at a limit, so that it remains quick to load, easy to navigate, etc. I'll make a note in the first post and that thread will remain archived with all the feedback through 1/06.

Thanks very much for all the nice words posted in response to my <i>Lady</i> review. Tried hard to do it justice and thank goodness I don't have to worry about a word limit because it would have been hell trying to trim it down. I don't know how it got so huge as I don't think I was being very wordy. The good thing about it is you don't have to read all of it if you don't want to. Some people could care less about what is promoted in video and in print; others might not care about menus and packaging; others, video and audio; and so on. Plus, if you want the single-paragraph deal you can get in most publications, you can just skip ahead to Closing Thoughts which attempts to encapsulate everything. Just restating the obvious.

I really appreciate the feedback, though. Thanks!

And make sure to read Aaron's great new review on a movie we're supposed to have no idea about:
Hugo the Movie Star
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

Excellent job on the Lady and the Tramp review, Luke. It's the most in-depth review that I have ever read.

Great job on the The Golden Girls Season 4 review, Aaron. I always enjoy seeing your favorite episode picks. And good job on the Hugo the Movie Star review, I'll be sure to avoid that dvd.

Keep up the good work guys. I appreciate all the hard work you put into the reviews. I may not always comment on all the reviews, but I do read them all.