Copyrights keep TV Shows off DVD

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
2099net
Signature Collection

Copyrights keep TV Shows off DVD

Post by 2099net »

http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,66696,00.html

An excellent read for all those who complain about music replacements on DVD releases (such as Quantum Leap S2).
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

Thanks for the article. It bothers me about replacement music. I would get into it but I haven't been awake long enough to get mad. :P ...I could but I don't want to ruin my day. :)
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Sometimes in bothers me, sometimes it does not. In Quantum Leap's case really there was one song they took out that really changed the meaning of the episode. Therefore, spending a couple of bucks more wouldnt have hurt.

As for WKRP, really although the great majority of music was great, I cant think of a single piece that mattered to the episode.

This being my favorite show of all time, I just want it realeased. They can put any music they want in.(As long as they dont replace the end theme music). I am still working on deciphering the end lyrics. :lol:

As for In Living Color, I dont care for dance music, so I didnt noticed it had been replaced. Them fly girls can dance to anything they want. I was devasted about the Vanilla Ice parody being missing though. Really one of the highlights of the In Living Color run.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Hi

Post by Disney Guru »

Yes copyright issues is why a lot of shows had re-runs never put out. Like with the Family Affair tv show.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Joshrzmeup
Special Edition

songs in dvds

Post by Joshrzmeup »

I know that that was one of the (many) reasons for Charmed taking so long to get to dvd. Unless the song is an absolute favorite of mine, I don't notice the difference of songs.
But to replace the theme song, that's not right. That song to Married...was just plain good. It's a shame.
danamichelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by danamichelle »

I have the Dawson's Creek dvds which suffered from a major music change when they went to dvds. I can tell where the songs are different in a lot of places, especially the loss of the main song during the opening credits (Paula Cole, I don't wanna wait). I don't really mind about the song changes because I want my dvds at a reasonable price and I want to show to be released on dvd.