Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas on Blu-ray

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas on Blu-ray

Post by Sotiris »

Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas was released on Blu-ray on June 04, 2019.

Special Features

Digital copy of Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
The Making of Sinbad
The Voice of Spike
Filmmakers' Commentary
Source: https://www.uphe.com/movies/sinbad-lege ... seven-seas
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Re: Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas on Blu-ray

Post by DC Fan »

I live in Spain and own the movie on DVD...and maybe (?) it´s enough for me. So far this movie hasn´t been released in the format here but others have.

The movie is fine. Especially if you love adventure movies and more so animated ones. Still, wasn´t amazing. To me it´s like Atlantis in that way. So for me it´s enough the DVD...however, the transfer is pretty bad from what I remember. So I´ll see.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

DC Fan wrote: So for me it´s enough the DVD...however, the transfer is pretty bad from what I remember. So I´ll see.
I'll have to disagree. The DVD is a DVD, but within the limitations of the format it is actually pretty excellent. I don't remember my copy suffering from egregious compression and the transfer is both direct-digital and widescreen anamorphic. Furthermore my US copy also has a DTS track.

Perhaps the EU Spanish release is subpar? Assuming that is the one you own ...
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Jules wrote:
DC Fan wrote: So for me it´s enough the DVD...however, the transfer is pretty bad from what I remember. So I´ll see.
I'll have to disagree. The DVD is a DVD, but within the limitations of the format it is actually pretty excellent. I don't remember my copy suffering from egregious compression and the transfer is both direct-digital and widescreen anamorphic. Furthermore my US copy also has a DTS track.

Perhaps the EU Spanish release is subpar? Assuming that is the one you own ...
Sorry for have taken so long but forgot about it.

That maybe the reason. I´m not complaining that a DVD is automatically bad for its format. But maybe the one from Spain is the problem. And no, in Spain the audio track just has 5.1 .

And I can say that because not so long ago I bought the DVDs for the Pirates of the Caribbean series (until 4 so far). When I watched the first one looked AWFUL. I thought that ("DVDs are really subpar"...since I´ve been watching BDs). But then I watched the second one and looked REALLY good.

And it´s not the only time. As I just talked about how bad the Pocahontas DVD transfer is too.