I'm a completist...for other people too. Are you?

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

I'm a completist...for other people too. Are you?

Post by DC Fan »

Ok, so I'm a completist in most senses.

I'm fact, I just got The Wild because I'm living in Spain where it's considered part of the collection and has the number on the spine.

However, I'm a completist regarding other people too. For instance, if I'm watching a movie with someone and we don't get to finish it I have to finish watching it with the person.

... talking about movies that person might not have been that interested as to to finish them by himself/herself.

The same happens with friends' movie/TV series
collections. For instance, I have this friend where I got him as gifts the Spartacus and Game of Thrones series. The first I bought him the DVD that's missing the Final Season (even though we finished watching it). Game of Thrones I got him the First Season on Blu Ray. Both series he likes. However, he's not the kind of person that would finish them any time soon. So I decided to do it.

... just got him another Season of GoT.

Are you guys the same as me?

Please share if you are. Thanks.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: I'm a completist...for other people too. Are you?

Post by blackcauldron85 »

For the past few years, I've gotten my husband every season of Game Of Thrones that has been released on DVD as presents (I haven't checked if last season is out, but his birthday's not for many months). While it's one of his favorite shows and he mentions going back and watching the earlier seasons, he hasn't touched them, but eventually I'll get him the last 2 seasons!

I used to try and buy any Disney movie for my collection years ago (the same for "chick flicks"), but there were so many that I never watched. Money's really tight now, so not long ago we got our first Blu-ray player and I sold most of my DVDs and used that money to buy my favorites on Blu-ray (& also sold the DVDs in the combo packs to make extra $). It decreased the clutter of movies I'll never watch and was the only way to afford the Blu-Rays. I genuinely like all the DACs, though; The Wild isn't one I rebought on Blu-ray, and it's not considered a DAC here, but I didn't sell my DVD; I prefer it to Madagascar as far as zoo-escape movies go- it's not so bad.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Yes, last Season of GoT is available.

In my case I only buy on BD movies that I already own DVD if I really like the movie or new releases. If it's just a movie I just enjoy and want will go for the DVD.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

My cousin is a huge Audrey Hepburn fan, but she only owned like 6 of her movies on DVD. So one year for her birthday I made her a nice shoebox-size package containing all Audrey Hepburn movies commercially available at that time (I think only two from her entire filmography hadn't been released on DVD). As much as she loves Audrey, I doubt she'd have ever gotten all the movies herself, so I guess I kind of made a decision for her :).
"A typical ideologue of all things social justice for the sake of sounding smart and politically proper."

:bow:
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Not movies, but I have bought my mom CDs before to fill missing holes in her collection of certain artiss before (like Reba or Tim McGraw). Those artists have around 10 to 20 albums each, and she's only missing a couple so I buy them for her.

I feel like I am a completist in bizarre ways--to the point I'm bothered when I can't have all of something or everything the "right" way. For example, I have all of the Series of Unfortunate Events books, but only one out of the 13 has a cover that's plastic and removable. And I have all the Chronicles of Prydain books with the beautiful illustrations by Evaline Ness‎ except for the last one. Whenever I look at the ones that stand apart, it gets on my nerves, to the point that I want to re-buy them. :lol: But I have to remind myself not to waste money.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I even get movies I don't like just to have them all. It's rare the case I don't.

For instance, I don't own Sinister 2 and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 because I didn't like them that much. Or at all. Yet I'm tempted on getting Insidious 4 and Rings...as awful as they are just to complete them.