DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:38 pm 
Special Edition

The Digital Bits is now reporting an April 18, 2017 release date for Ocean Waves on DVD and Blu-ray from Universal Home Entertainment: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/m ... 21617-1100

And here are the Amazon pre-order links:

DVD:
https://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Waves-Nobu ... dio+ghibli

Blu-ray:
https://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Waves-Blu- ... dio+ghibli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:46 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Well, yay, except I won't be able to watch it as Universal's blu-ray discs always seem to be region-locked. :x I learned my lesson with The Prophet blu-ray.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:48 am 
Limited Edition

I bought this film on a region-locked DVD from the UK years ago, maybe like 2011 or so... and despite having a region-free player, just never got around to watching it. I look forward to seeing this now, beautifully restored, and am happy it will be my first viewing. While I of course prefer the fantasy/sci-fi/adventure Ghibli films, their slice of life films are a beautiful representation of how animation is not "just for kids". Around this time last year, I got to enjoy seeing Isao Takahata's Only Yesterday in theaters. What a treat to be enjoying yet another lovingly restored and re-released Ghibli film!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:20 pm 
Special Edition

Neal wrote:
I bought this film on a region-locked DVD from the UK years ago, maybe like 2011 or so... and despite having a region-free player, just never got around to watching it. I look forward to seeing this now, beautifully restored, and am happy it will be my first viewing. While I of course prefer the fantasy/sci-fi/adventure Ghibli films, their slice of life films are a beautiful representation of how animation is not "just for kids". Around this time last year, I got to enjoy seeing Isao Takahata's Only Yesterday in theaters. What a treat to be enjoying yet another lovingly restored and re-released Ghibli film!

Neal:

I have never seen this film but I do have it preordered. I have heard mixed opinions about it and I was always curious about Disney's reluctance to release it (as well as Only Yesterday) when they had the North American distribution rights to the Studio Ghibli library, so I am approaching it with an open mind and looking forward to my first viewing. Even if it is not at the top of the Studio Ghibli canon, I am confident that it will be a worthy addition to my Studio Ghibli collection.

Darby

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:35 pm 
Special Edition

A Home Theater Forum review of the Blu-ray version: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/ocean- ... ay-review/