The Holiday TV-on-DVD Project: Holiday Episodes List

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Thanks. I don't know how I missed these last couple of additions, but the list has now been updated.

As Halloween is just about a week away and there are lots of festively appropriate shows playing on TV, I thought I would bump this to see if anyone has any Halloween episodes to add (or shorts or shows for any other holiday, that is).

I added the "Twiggy" episode of the Muppet Show for Halloween, because it has the whole spooky phantom storyline and an autumn-set musical number, and to Christmas because of the Wayne & Wanda "Let it Snow" number.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Series: Growing Pains
Episode: A Christmas Story
Season: 1
Holiday: Christmas

Series: Bewitched
Episode: Trick or Treat
Season: 2
Holiday: Halloween
- Jonathan
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

One of the better Christmas TV episodes aired on television was actually aired on Christmas Day 1968.

A Monkees Christmas

Micky, Peter, Mike and Davy help a young man learn the true meaning of Christmas. One of the better Christmas stories on television and has a very good moral ending. We should all see this once in our lifetime.

My only contribution to this wonderful holiday thread.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I rambled lots, but to make it easy for Aaron to copy and paste...

<u>New Year's Day</u>
<i>Adventures of Pete & Pete, The</i> - "New Year's Pete" - Season 1 DVD

<u>April Fool's Day</u>
<i>NewsRadio</i> - "The Song Remains the Same" - Season 2

<u>Fourth of July</u>
<i>Adventures of Pete & Pete, The</i> - "Grounded for Life" - Season 2

<u>Fall Daylight Savings Time Ends Day</u>
<i>Adventures of Pete & Pete, The</i> - "Time Tunnel" - Season 2

<u>Halloween</u>
<i>Adventures of Pete & Pete, The</i> - "Halloweenie" - Season 2
<i>Sweet Valley High</i> - "The Curse of Lawrence Manson" - Season 1

<u>Christmas</u>
<i>Higglytown Heroes</i> - "Twinkle's Wish" - A Very Playhouse Disney Holiday
<i>JoJo's Circus</i> - "A Circus Town Christmas" - A Very Playhouse Disney Holiday
<i>Phil of the Future</i> - "Christmas Break" - Disney Channel Holiday
<i>Sesame Street</i> - "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" - Christmas Eve on Sesame Street

Finally, "Classic Cartoon Favorites: Vol. 9 - Classic Holiday Stories" (or some reasonable abbreviation) can be added to the listings for "Pluto's Christmas Tree" and "Mickey's Christmas Carol." "The Small One" should also be added (same DVD), while Donald Duck and Chip 'n Dale's "Toy Tinkers" and "Mickey's Good Deed" can both be listed with "Classic Cartoon Favorites: Vol. 8 - Holiday Celebration with Mickey & Pals."

Boring rambling goes here:

In trying to come up with good episodic Halloween DVD material, I've recalled that Sweet Valley High: The Complete First Season holds a Halloween episode titled "The Curse of Lawrence Manson." (That's no typo, it's Manson not mansion as you might suspect.)

Oh, and Phil of the Future - "Christmas Break" can be added for Christmas. It's a bonus on the Disney Channel Holiday DVD.

Likewise, JoJo's Circus - "A Circus Town Christmas" and Higglytown Heroes - "Twinkle's Wish", both on the A Very Playhouse Disney Holiday DVD, can be added to the Christmas list, if we want to include stuff like that. Personally, I'd rather revisit "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" many, many times before those two.

Okay, I'm on a roll now..."The Song Remains the Same" from the second season of "NewsRadio" (the Seasons 1 & 2 set) can be classified as an April Fool's Day episode, I would say. The handful of people here who have seen this episode and can recall it by title can step in and disagree, but it pretty much fits the bill, even if Jimmy James has an unorthodox way of celebrating the holiday. (More unorthodox than even our own practical jokester, MMPal.)
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I see you've already added most of my contributions to the list, Aaron. I edited my post like a billion times, so there's more (but all properly formatted) for you to drop in when you can.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Halloween
South Park- "Pink Eye"- Season 1
South Park- "Spooky Fish"- Season 2
South Park- "Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery"- Season 3
Everybody Loves Raymond- "Halloween Candy"- Season 3

Christmas
Everybody Loves Raymond- "The Ball"- Season 1
Everybody Loves Raymond- "All I Want For Christmas"- Season 2
Everybody Loves Raymond- "The Toaster"- Season 3
Everybody Loves Raymond- "The Christmas Picture"- Season 4

They should rename the title to, "Aside from T/P fan, Everybody on UD Hates Raymond"

Last edited by Timon/Pumbaa fan on Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Timon/Pumba fan wrote:They should rename the title to, "Aside from T/P fan, Everybody on UD Hates Raymond"

Can anybody <i>really</i> hate Raymond?
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Thanks for all the new submissions, and for the convenient formatting! I think I got all the new ones in there now.

I actually like Everybody Loves Raymond...

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thought of another one...

<u>Thanksgiving</u>
<i>Saved by the Bell: The College Years</i> - "A Thanksgiving Story" - Season 1
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

More stuff for you...

Thanksgiving
The Simpsons: Bart vs Thanksgiving (The Simpsons: Season 2)

Christmas
Disney Shorts: Once Upon a Wintertime (Winter Wonderland *Region 2 only*)
The Simpsons: Marge Be Not Proud (The Simpsons: Bart Wars, the upcoming The Simpsons: Season 7)
Donald Duck: Trick or Treat (The Black Cauldron, The Sword in the Stone and in Region 2, on the Bedknobs and Broomsticks DVD)
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Thanks for these!
Wonderlicious wrote:Donald Duck: Trick or Treat (The Black Cauldron, The Sword in the Stone and in Region 2, on the Bedknobs and Broomsticks DVD)
I assume you meant to put this one under Halloween, right? Also, I believe that it must be only on the R2 Sword in the Stone too, because I don't see it on the R1 version.

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

AwallaceUNC wrote:I assume you meant to put this one under Halloween, right? Also, I believe that it must be only on the R2 Sword in the Stone too, because I don't see it on the R1 version.

-Aaron
I believe that it's in the Disneyland episode.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Ah, ok. Well since that episode is all about magic anyways, I went ahead and listed the whole episode under Disneyland. Thanks.

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I've made a number of additions from The OC, for New Year's, Valentine's Day, Hanukkah, and Christmas. I also added the Vincent Price episode of the Muppet Show to the Halloween list, which some may contest, but I thought that as long as I already had the also-debatable Twiggy episode up there.

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

There is a Saturday Night Live Halloween DVD collection.
Last edited by Robin Hood on Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jonathan
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

Here are three additions all from Garfield: Holiday Celebrations.

Garfield's Halloween Adventure
Garfield's Thanksgiving
A Garfield Christmas
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

AwallaceUNC wrote: I also added the Vincent Price episode of the Muppet Show to the Halloween list, which some may contest, but I thought that as long as I already had the also-debatable Twiggy episode up there.
I was going to add that, but I figured it was debatable. But it'd err on the favor of being Halloween, so good call!
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Series: Living Single
Episode: Living Kringle
Season: 1
Holiday: Christmas
- Jonathan
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I've added the Five Mile Creek season one finale ("Thanksgiving") to the list.

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Series: The Golden Girls
Episode: Valentine's Day
Season: 4
Holiday: Valentine's Day

:)
- Jonathan