DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:55 pm 
Diamond Edition

There is a 24 hour flash sale going on at Criterion.com today. I picked up these titles, all on Blu-Ray:

3 Films by Roberto Rossellini Starring Ingrid Bergman
The Heiress
Some Like It Hot
Black Narcissus
Nashville
Amores perros
The Piano Teacher
Charade
Sansho the Bailiff

A number of blind buys and some old favorites. Kind of a smattering of foreign film and Classic Hollywood this time around for me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:20 pm 
Signature Collection

I ordered these from Criterion today too:

Crash
The Lady Eve
Moonrise
Smooth Talk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:13 pm 
Signature Collection

There's a Warner Archive sale today, so I picked up these:

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:09 am 
Diamond Edition

I also participated in the 4 for $44 sale. I’ve been saving since last month for this sale so I bought a lot of titles. But since this may be the cheapest any of these movies are ever again, I felt I had to. I love WAC, I wish all studios treated their back catalogues as good as Warner does their’s.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:23 pm 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

I just bought the first two seasons of Bates Motel on Blu-ray. I've already seen the show, but it's been so long and I always planned to get it when the price was right. It was $14, so that's like $7 per season. I have a lot of shows that I keep an eye on to pick up on Blu-ray when they get low enough one season at a time (Merlin, OUAT, LOST, etc.). :)

Mickey Guyton ~ "Somebody Else Will"
Mickey Guyton ~ "It's No Surprise"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:17 pm 

Beautiful Thing DVD ~ This was the first LGBT film I ever saw… Well, except for maybe Transamerica? I’m not sure. Anyway, LOGO was a free channel years ago when I was in high school and this film was airing at the time. It’s always had a special place in my heart for that reason.
ReBoot: The Definitive Mainframe Edition DVD ~ I’ve had most of the later (best) seasons of the show on VHS, and so put off buying this hoping for a low price. The lowest I’ve ever seen it get was $35 area a few years back, but it hasn’t got that low recently. There was a coupon available with it the other day that took nearly $10 off and I figured that’s around as low as it’ll ever get. *shrug*
Merlin: Complete Series DVD ~ It’s a shame the last two seasons are the only ones available on Blu-ray. I decided to go for the complete DVD set since that’s the case. This is the first time I’ve seen it this low… (It was a 2019 re-package apparently.) I checked the information to see if it might be an item for a different region, but it said nothing about region anywhere. We’ll see how it goes! :lol:

I just noticed that Steven Universe has a complete collection DVD out! That includes the movie and Future, too. I’ll have to get that eventually when I find it at the right price. :) Might buy Crazy Rich Asians' Blu-ray, we’ll see. It’s only $6 right now. I might get Galavant's DVD sometime in the next month, since I think its price is locked and never shifts like with other items. I’ve had the soundtrack since it first released, and that was enough for me to get by with in the meantime, but I want the show eventually. It’s been a while now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:35 am 

I didn't know Galavant had a DVD release!!!!!!!!!! I have no $ but I added it to my wishlist. Sounds like you got some good things to watch!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:14 pm 

^ The odd thing is it's not available through Disney Movie Club. I know, because I looked recently when I was thinking about different things I could order the next time I re-start my account (I'm thinking of getting the rest of OUAT and LOST that I don't have that way). Weird since it did air on ABC?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:54 pm 

Yes, it did air on ABC...maybe the other production company that made it won't allow it to be sold on DMC or something? No idea...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19