Space Jam: 2-Disc Special Edition

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Space Jam: 2-Disc Special Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Space Jam: Two-Disc Special Edition Fast Breaks onto DVD Oct. 28; High Scoring DVD Debuts Just Two Weeks Before the Theatrical Release of Looney Tunes: Back In Action

On Oct. 28, an all-star cast of Bugs Bunny, Tweety and the rest of the Looney Tunes gang team up with the NBA's greatest player of all time, Michael Jordan, in Warner Home Video's release of the $225 million worldwide box office hit Space Jam, entitled Space Jam: Two-Disc Special Edition.

The new widescreen special edition two-disc DVD is jam-packed with special features, including an hour of new-to-DVD digitally re-mastered cartoons, a making-of-featurette and music videos, and is now available for $26.99 SRP.

His Airness and His Hareness: what a team! Michael Jordan slams, Bugs Bunny jams and a cavalcade of Looney Tunes and NBA stars hoop it up in the rim-rattlin', out-of-this-world, roundball romp: Space Jam.

DVD special features include:
New Michael Jordan Featurette--Jammin' with Bugs Bunny and Michael Jordan.
An hour of new-to-DVD cartoons, including Another Froggy Evening, Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers, Night of the Living Duck, The Duxorcist and Bugs vs. Daffy Battle of the Music Video Stars!
Music videos including Seal's "Fly Like an Eagle" and Monstars' anthem "Hit 'Em High."
Commentary by Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and their director Joe Pytka.
DVD-ROM special features including:
Fully playable, multi-level Flash mini-game inspired by the Looney Tunes: Back in Action video game.
Consumers will score with special promotional offers, including free movie cash--up to $6.50 off any admission ticket to the Looney Tunes: Back in Action movie--available inside specially marked Space Jam: Two-Disc Special Edition DVDs. In addition, consumers will receive a $5 rebate by mail offer good toward the purchase of Space Jam: Two-Disc Special Edition when they exchange $5 in coins at Coinstar booths. A $3 mail-in rebate will also be included in specially marked packages of Looney Tunes: Back in Action interactive games by Electronic Arts, available in multiple platforms. Additionally, a DVD sweepstakes will be held in over 100 cities nationwide in conjunction with the NBA's Jam Slam event. All promotion details are subject to change
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Guess everything is being ported over - not a chance I'm keeping my P & S DVD, even if upgrading this isn't a major priority.

Now if only Warner would re-release Funny Farm, My Blue Heaven, With Honors, etc.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Luke wrote:Guess everything is being ported over - not a chance I'm keeping my P & S DVD, even if upgrading this isn't a major priority.

Now if only Warner would re-release Funny Farm, My Blue Heaven, With Honors, etc.
ok are you keeping your P&S or not? :lol:
Porce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Porce »

The only reason I would even think about buying this DVD is because of the seven shorts and specials on Disc 2.
The user formerly known as Dacp
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Dacp wrote:The only reason I would even think about buying this DVD is because of the seven shorts and specials on Disc 2.
blah.. theyll all eventually be featured on the dvd sets anyways. Save your money.
Porce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Porce »

STASHONE wrote:blah.. theyll all eventually be featured on the dvd sets anyways. Save your money.
Becuase BLOOPER BUNNY will be on the Golden Collection? I assume these other cartoons are likely to be on future waves... :?:
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Dacp wrote:
STASHONE wrote:blah.. theyll all eventually be featured on the dvd sets anyways. Save your money.
Becuase BLOOPER BUNNY will be on the Golden Collection? I assume these other cartoons are likely to be on future waves... :?:
They're all shorts from the 80's and 90's. Not really classic Looney Tunes shorts at all.

And some would say not very good - the humour is more in mocking existing films and situations rather than coming from the characters. In fact some people say the characters all act out of character. Being as I have not seen them myself, I cannot comment on this.

I would expect them to appear on future Looney Tunes sets, but not until perhaps the last few - as I expect the sets to cover the 'classic' run of shorts first.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Porce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Porce »

2099net wrote:They're all shorts from the 80's and 90's. Not really classic Looney Tunes shorts at all.

And some would say not very good - the humour is more in mocking existing films and situations rather than coming from the characters. In fact some people say the characters all act out of character. Being as I have not seen them myself, I cannot comment on this.

I would expect them to appear on future Looney Tunes sets, but not until perhaps the last few - as I expect the sets to cover the 'classic' run of shorts first.
I'm sorry, but how can you be a fan of SPACE JAM and not like these shorts? Yes, the shorts aren't near to being classic, but they are still creative and funny (well, most of them). For whatever reason, the shorts they selected for this Space Jam DVD are probably the best modern shorts, and that is why I am tempted to buy it (but I probably won't...).
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Dacp wrote:
2099net wrote:They're all shorts from the 80's and 90's. Not really classic Looney Tunes shorts at all.

I'm sorry, but how can you be a fan of SPACE JAM and not like these shorts? Yes, the shorts aren't near to being classic, but they are still creative and funny (well, most of them). For whatever reason, the shorts they selected for this Space Jam DVD are probably the best modern shorts, and that is why I am tempted to buy it (but I probably won't...).
As I state. I haven't seen them. However, I am reporting 'general' opinion of the shorts and also pointing out that they're unlikely to be on the boxed sets of Looney Tunes anytime soon.

Plus, while I'll watch Space Jam, I personally am not a fan of it. I am however looking forward to 'Back in Action'.
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

2099net wrote:As I state. I haven't seen them. However, I am reporting 'general' opinion of the shorts and also pointing out that they're unlikely to be on the boxed sets of Looney Tunes anytime soon.
These were featured in the compilation movie, Daffy Duck's Quackbusters, released in 1988. They are surprisingly very entertaining, but than again, I'm a fan of everything LT. Including those 1960 onwards shorts that most people don't seem to appreciate...

I'm hoping we eventually see these released on a Golden Collection DVD Set...
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

STASHONE wrote:These were featured in the compilation movie, Daffy Duck's Quackbusters, released in 1988. They are surprisingly very entertaining, but than again, I'm a fan of everything LT. Including those 1960 onwards shorts that most people don't seem to appreciate...

I'm hoping we eventually see these released on a Golden Collection DVD Set...
Well, I love Cool Cat. I'm hoping we'll see some Cool Cat shorts in the sets first. :)

Space Jam related fact: Cool Cat, Col. Rimfire or other 60's Looney Tunes characters Bunny and Clyde, Merlin the Magic Mouse, Second Banana or The Quick Brown Fox are not in the film - not even in the backgrounds. (that I can see)
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Does anyone have a complete list of the shorts featured on the SJ SE yet?
Porce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Porce »

STASHONE wrote:Does anyone have a complete list of the shorts featured on the SJ SE yet?
Another Froggy Evening (1998)
Night of the Living Duck (1988)
The Duxorcist (1988)
Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers (1991)
Bugs Vs. Daffy: Battle of the Music Video Stars (1988)*

*This is actually a clip show TV special, not a short. But this is the best one, probably the only really good one. There are B&W Porky and Bosko clips :!: and wartime stuff in there... It's great.
Porce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Porce »

2099net wrote:and also pointing out that they're unlikely to be on the boxed sets of Looney Tunes anytime soon.
"Blooper Bunny" (1991) will be appearing as a bonus feature on the Golden Collection.
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Those 4 shorts/specials compile the "over one hour of new to dvd cartoons"?
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Dacp wrote:Night of the Living Duck (1988)
The Duxorcist (1988)
Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers (1991)
Bugs Vs. Daffy: Battle of the Music Video Stars (1988)*
These are the only ones of interest to me, Invasion Of The Bunny Snatchers being the least. Does this warrant a purchase? :huh:

I dont know what the hell to do!!! I think Im gonna hold out and see if the first 2 find their way to DVD. I have all the Boskos and I assume everything else in the clip show will be featured in the Golden Collection, I just hope "Night Of The Living Duck" & "The Duxorcist" get added!

I really dont think Im buying this set...
Porce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Porce »

STASHONE wrote:Those 4 shorts/specials compile the "over one hour of new to dvd cartoons"?
Yep -- Bugs Vs. Daffy is 25 minutes. 8 minutes times 4 is 28 minutes. That's just less than an hour.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Dacp wrote:
2099net wrote:and also pointing out that they're unlikely to be on the boxed sets of Looney Tunes anytime soon.
"Blooper Bunny" (1991) will be appearing as a bonus feature on the Golden Collection.
I suspect that's will be an exception to the rule, being as it is an "anniversary celebration" short. I wouldn't expect the others anytimes soon (the fact they have been choosen as supplements for the Space Jam disc probably means Warners have no intention of putting any on further sets - after all Blooper Bunny isn't on the Space Jam set).

I notice that even when included, it's as a "Bonus Short" rather than a "Feature Short".
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Space Jam: 2-Disc Special Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Here's the story of the original Space Jam ending that you never saw
https://ew.com/movies/space-jam-origina ... joe-pytka/

Inside the making of Space Jam's big game and Michael Jordan's epic stretch dunk
https://ew.com/movies/space-jam-michael-jordan-dunk/

Space Jam: The story behind Michael Jordan's improbable victory
https://ew.com/article/2016/11/15/space ... joe-pytka/

Welcome to the Space Jam, Again
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/21/styl ... again.html

Artist Bob Camp recalls the ill-fated Space Jam 2
https://animatedviews.com/2012/artist-b ... ace-jam-2/

A “Bugs” Life: The 25th Anniversary of the Original “Space Jam”
http://www.animationscoop.com/a-bugs-li ... space-jam/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Space Jam: 2-Disc Special Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Space Jam is coming to 4K Blu-ray on July 06, 2021.

Source: https://seat42f.com/space-jam-arrives-o ... -july-6th/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage