Jodie Foster films

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Jodie Foster films

Post by Captain Hook »

Has anyone else noticed how similar the two Jodi Foster films' covers look? And I'm wondering about this new "There's Magic in the Memories" sticker. Do you think that it's a new gimick, or are the Vault movies being replaced by one disc Magic Memory releases? Disney is so confusing!!!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

"The Magic in the Movies" sticker seems to be appearing on most of these new releases. I don't think it's anything other than Disney marketing.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I think that the similarities in cover art for "Freaky Friday" and "Candleshoe" is on purpose to make the movies look similar. I am expecting a lot of people to buy "Freaky Friday" because they liked the remake, and when people like it, they are going to be browsing the store again and see another movie from the same era with the same actress. Even though "Candleshoe" is nothing like "Freaky Friday," which may cause people to not like it. I personally am upset when I expect a comedy and get a drama.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Post by Captain Hook »

Luke wrote:"The Magic in the Movies" sticker seems to be appearing on most of these new releases. I don't think it's anything other than Disney marketing.
That's weird. :roll: It bothers me that many of the films that are going to be released this year have only slightly modified VHS covers, since my parents have just about all of them. This is especially true for Candleshoe, the Dexter Riley films, and the Love Bug films.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I'm super excited for Candleshoe. It's always been a favorite of mine. :)

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I'm also excited for Candleshoe. It is one of my favorite Jode Foster movie!!! :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Post by Captain Hook »

awallaceunc wrote:I'm super excited for Candleshoe. It's always been a favorite of mine.
I've always enjoyed it myself, as well. I hope it will have a few extras, maybe Freaky Friday will as well? At least they both will be in widescreen.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Captain Hook wrote:
awallaceunc wrote:I'm super excited for Candleshoe. It's always been a favorite of mine.
I've always enjoyed it myself, as well. I hope it will have a few extras, maybe Freaky Friday will as well? At least they both will be in widescreen.
Freaky Friday will have a couple of extras as listed here:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3383
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Post by Captain Hook »

Oh yeah.... whoops... I think I even read that before.... you may all laugh at my stupidity! :lol:

Luke, I was wondering, is Tangela really banned? And if so, why?
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Jodie Jodie Jodie

Post by Disney Guru »

Actually Jodie played in 2 other Disney Movies

Napoleon and Samantha

And she made her film debut in the rare classic

MENACE ON THE MOUNTAIN Which is also a Disney that is long out of print!

For More Info On This Title Click Here

http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll

Hope this helps Ya'll
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Don't forget "One Little Indian", Guru! :)
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Oh

Post by Disney Guru »

thanks for reminding me LUke I had almost forgotten One Little Indian. Better get my brain checked!
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~