CINDERELLA Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

MickeyMousePal wrote:Well I don't want to be a show off but I only need this one to compete my Animated Disney DVD Collection.
I think you've mentioned that like 50 times in this forum. No need to rub it in
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

DVD Town now has a review of the DVD. It looks like a good little disc!
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

It was about freakin´ time, hehehe! I was counting the hours for a lengthy review of the DVD to show up, and here is a great one from HTF: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum ... did=242739
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Nice review indeed. I can't wait to pop this baby in and see the great picture quality for myself. Hopefully UD's review will be up soon too!
That1GuyPictures
Gold Classic Collection

Post by That1GuyPictures »

Here's a review from DVDtown.com

http://www.dvdtown.com/review/cinderell ... e655c2467f

a little more in-depth then the review posted above, but I'm sure it will pail in comparison to Luke's.
Disneybell
Banned Deadbeat

Post by Disneybell »

i m so excited only 11 more days till i can get cinderella :) o guys i found the song list of the songs that will be on the free cd that comes with the PE cinderella if u buy it at wal-mart i ll go pull the list up again and post it :)
Disneybell
Banned Deadbeat

Post by Disneybell »

here is the list from the decription found on wal-mart.com :) enjoy guys

Includes Bonus CD "10 Favorite Disney Classics":, CD Songs Include:, "A Dream A Wish Your Heart Makes" ("Cinderella"), "A Whole New World" ("Aladdin"), "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" ("The Lion King"), "So This Is Love" ("Cinderella"), "Part Of Your World" ("The Little Mermaid"), "When You Wish Upon A Star" ("Pinocchio"), "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo" ("Cinderella"), "Yo Ho" ("A Pirate's Life") ("Pirates Of The Caribbean"), "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" ("Song Of The South"), "Little Dressmakers/The Work Song") ("Cinderella"), Bonus Disc/CD

personaly this sounds great i ll pay an extra 3 bucks for the cd :)
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Thanks for posting the links to the reviews!
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Post by Little Red Henski »

Nice to see good old Uncle Remus on a cover of an official Disney DVD. :thumb: Too bad that the people who actually pay more to get the Giftset don't get the CD.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Only 11 days left until "Cinderella" comes out on DVD. I would give you a question. Does the movie "Cinderella" had a special ending credits like they used to do in the "Bambi" DVD such as the people who did the restoration?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

musicradio77 wrote:Does the movie "Cinderella" had a special ending credits like they used to do in the "Bambi" DVD such as the people who did the restoration?
Yep.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Luke wrote:
musicradio77 wrote:Does the movie "Cinderella" had a special ending credits like they used to do in the "Bambi" DVD such as the people who did the restoration?
Yep.
Thanks! I'm just trying to keep in mind that the VHS version doesn't have any restoration credits until the special end credits being added on the DVD.
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

Come on with the review Luke! I'm so anxious ;) I cannot believe it is only 10 days away! I just don't know what I should get- just the DVD Set or the Collector's Gift Set...Choices, Choices. :P

*tlm
Last edited by The Little Merman on Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

That1GuyPictures wrote:Here's a review from DVDtown.com

a little more in-depth then the review posted above, but I'm sure it will pail in comparison to Luke's.
I should e-mail the guy since he doesn't fully understand how the Platinum editions work, case in point being this line: find it difficult to understand the relative neglect the Disney people have shown this picture; we're eight years into the DVD era, and "Cinderella" is only just now showing up on disc. But maybe that's the plight of many overlooked, underappreciated works of art that only a few fans consider "classics" until the rest of the world catches up.

They had this planned to come out at a certain point in their platinum line for almost 5 years now. Just had to wait.
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Lucylover1986 wrote:
That1GuyPictures wrote:Here's a review from DVDtown.com

I should e-mail the guy since he doesn't fully understand how the Platinum editions work, case in point being this line: find it difficult to understand the relative neglect the Disney people have shown this picture; we're eight years into the DVD era, and "Cinderella" is only just now showing up on disc. But maybe that's the plight of many overlooked, underappreciated works of art that only a few fans consider "classics" until the rest of the world catches up.

They had this planned to come out at a certain point in their platinum line for almost 5 years now. Just had to wait.
In fact :shock: , I was thinking that myself! :D

*tlm
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

Before DVD most of the Disney "Classics" were available for a limited time only. Now this applies only to a handful.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

You got 10 days left before "Cinderella" comes out on DVD.
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Luke, since I'm obnoxious and impatient (:P) I was just wondering if you know any sort of date when you will post the review for the discs? Hopefully it's before they're released :D!

*tlm

P.S. HI!!! It's so good to be back! I was gone for so long because AOL wasn't working for some reason. Today, my mom changed the Parental Controls and it works! Go figure. Anyways, I'm glad to be here once more!!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Cinderella's Web Site Updated

Post by Disney Duster »

Welcome back TheLittleMerman! By the way, I joined Magic Happens as dusterian and I was wondering how it's going? Also, how can I get a capital D in my name, as in Dusterian instead of dusterian

The official Cinderella web site, http://www.cinderelladvd.com, has been updated with not only clips, new links, a game, and the screensaver, but it also has a new, shorter trailer for the DVD! It is an awesome trailer! to quote Cinderella, "Oh, It's beautiful!" But becasue it's so short I presume that it will be the TV spot for the movie, not a trailer on Disney DVDs.

In looking at the clips, I'm a bit worried. A certain part of the Fairy Godmother's dress keeps changing from a lighter shade of the dress to the same color of the dress. It's the part right under her pink bow.

Image Image

Also, I can't believe Cinderella is blond. I thought her hair was supposed to be reddish light brown... And in that scene where her dress transforms, the fairy dust looks choppy, like some of the sparkles were cut out of it or something...

I'm worried about them having made any mistakes in the restoration!
waltdisney123
Limited Issue

Post by waltdisney123 »

the short-trailer is ideed very cool :D