Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bambi Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:05 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Hi:

I´m kind of newbie on this type of post but if I´m wrong on something please tell me :D

Ok..here I go:

Ok, Bambi as you know is the 5th on the Walt Disney´s movies career, It´s a story about life, love and growing where the main character it´s a little fawn who learns in a terrible way to fear the man.

For me it´s a very special meaning, also than it´s the very first Disney movie than I watched as a kid and in my whole life.
Also, the scene where Bambi´s mother die it´s not only one of the most memorable--ok...I think than it´s not the word...-- I mean the kind of scenes than makes us not only remember the movie, but also the very ones who made it.

I did it good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:12 pm 
Limited Edition

Great Isidour! You did great... For any further info., we just talk about our feelings etc. about the films we are discussing.

For me and Bambi...

we don't have the best relationship. Growing, I have found this to be one of my favorite Disney, and movie, films but younger I wasn't allowed to watch it because I would breakdown seeing Bambi's mother die :oops: . I mean I still do :P but being a little bit older makes it better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:10 am 
Special Edition

TheLittleMerman wrote:
we don't have the best relationship. Growing, I have found this to be one of my favorite Disney, and movie, films but younger I wasn't allowed to watch it because I would breakdown seeing Bambi's mother die :oops: . I mean I still do :P but being a little bit older makes it better!

the same with me, I cried a lot the first time i watched it, and I still do,

too many people founD it very boring, but I think that is beautful and very interesting because it represents the story of a true person (represented on bambi of course)... he grows, he first thing that love is something akward, and when he grows up he fall in love, also is a story of friendship, also the movie teach us that if a terrible events occur (bambi's mothers death :cry: :cry: ) we need to continue our path in life...

its a very touching and is realistic story expressed in animated drawings!! :)
well that's how I see the movie purpose...

We'll prepare and serve with flair
A culinary cabaret!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:33 am 
Platinum Edition

When I first saw Bambi I was about six or seven and I never understood what happen to Bambi's mom. Until I got older I understood that she died. At that point I thought it was a sad film.

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:39 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

This reminds me of the time of when in self-denial about the death of Bambi's mother at the age of five, I thought that it was just a communication problem and that Bambi's mum later came back. I got mixed up with her and Faline.

Blog | Deviantart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:26 pm 
Limited Edition

Anyone remember Animaniac's take on this? "Bumbi's mom went. . . WAH!!!" LOL!

But to get back to the topic, I think a lot of people dislike this film because of the mother's death, but I feel it really ads depth to the story. Others may think it's sappy or cutesy, but they probably think only of the first half of the film and they need to give it another look.

Anyway, the movie is very lyrical in its tone, and the animation and backgrounds are very beautiful. I love the influence made by Ty Wong's illustrations. People tend to think of this film as being very realistic (as far as talking animals go), but some of it does get a bit stylized. And as for the story, I like how there is no clear villain to fight. I guess you could argue that Ronno and the unseen "Man," are villains, but they don't have anything personal against our main character. Bambi simply has to grow up and learn learn to deal with the hardships of life. And maybe that's why some people find it boring, but growing up and dealing with those hardships (not to mention finding friendship and love) is something that we all do. I think the fact that this little film manages to convey that without being preachy is pure magic.

And you know what? My dad worked with a grown man that gave up deer hunting after just one viewing. And if that doesn't account for the power of this film, I don't what does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:33 pm 
Collector's Edition

personally, i find this movie really boring... i used to like it i guess... and i used to love the song "little april showers"... but then about a year ago i saw it on the plane... and i was bored out of my mind! same with snow white.... basically there just isnt enough interesting content to keep it going so you're kind of sitting there going: okayyy... so whats next?
well on the other hand i guess that's the magic that unfortunatly was ruined over the years because back then it was just about the magic of disney animation and now we have to be constantly stimulated. i too have to be this constantly stimulated person which is why i find this movie boring which is why times have changed which is why movies have changed and we will never see another beautiful classic like bambi again.

wow somehow i started with one point and ended up with another... i had somthing else to say but i forgot what it was. damn :\

oh well

VICTORY IS MINE :twisted:

They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head. - Blackadder the Third

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:52 pm 
Gold Collection

This is the first Disney movie I remember seeing, I was probably about 4 or 5 I would guess. I was so young I probably didnt realize that Bambi's mother actually died. I love this movie even though it is really sad. It is beautifully animated. I haven't seen the movie in about 10 years, I'm really looking forward to the dvd release so I can rewatch it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:10 pm 
Limited Edition

IggieKuzco wrote:
. . . well on the other hand i guess that's the magic that unfortunatly was ruined over the years because back then it was just about the magic of disney animation and now we have to be constantly stimulated. i too have to be this constantly stimulated person which is why i find this movie boring which is why times have changed which is why movies have changed and we will never see another beautiful classic like bambi again.

Ah, does this mean you're a product of the "MTV generation?" ;) Personally, I like it when a film takes a lesiurly pace, but it's all good: we all have our opinions. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:21 pm 
Collector's Edition

Sunset Girl wrote:
IggieKuzco wrote:
. . . well on the other hand i guess that's the magic that unfortunatly was ruined over the years because back then it was just about the magic of disney animation and now we have to be constantly stimulated. i too have to be this constantly stimulated person which is why i find this movie boring which is why times have changed which is why movies have changed and we will never see another beautiful classic like bambi again.

Ah, does this mean you're a product of the "MTV generation?" ;) Personally, I like it when a film takes a lesiurly pace, but it's all good: we all have our opinions. 8)

unfotunatly i am :(
i get bored way to easily and its hard to just sit down and enjoy the classics like they should be

They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head. - Blackadder the Third

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:02 pm 
Special Edition

Who is your favorite character and what is your favorite scene in the film?

Mine is Friend Owl & probably the 1st scene from the opening credits to the part where all the animals leave after seeing Bambi for the 1st time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:07 pm 
Limited Edition

FantasiaMan wrote:
Who is your favorite character and what is your favorite scene in the film?

Hmm. . . well, there's something about the fight between Bambi and Ronno that I really like. I think its all the color and the silhouettes, not to mention it's a great fight scene for a film that's generally viewed as "gentle."

To this day, I still feel my stomach get all tied in knots whenever I watch the scene with the quail that "can't stand it any longer." I really like that scene and the sequence when Bambi discovers his mother can't be with him anymore because they pulled off the drama so well.

I love funny stuff, but I really go for the scenes that move me.

Thumper is probably my favorite character. I love the scenes where he has to recite something his father had lectured over!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:35 pm 

I, actually, enjoyed Bambi. It's the first Disney movie I had ever seen onscreen. I think the animation is gorgeous and I cannot wait for the enhancement of the DVD. I love the songs and I just think it's a one-of-a-kind movie. It's one of the movies I like to watch on a big screen and admire the talent and the time that was put into animating the film. (I do the same for The Sword in the Stone).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:36 pm 
Collector's Edition

I haven't seen this since I was 6, I hardly remember it, so I can't wait for March 1st. I remember that it had stunning visuals and a very powerful theme.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:43 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Hi:

hey, being a "mtv generated" people it´s not so bad
I mean, I grow watching not only Disney, but also Beavis and Butt-head and Ren & Stimpy

By the way, my favorite scene is when Bambi first meets Faline and the First snow scene.
the music and the colors, the images and they reactions it´s kind of cute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:55 pm 
Limited Edition

Isidour wrote:
Hi:

hey, being a "mtv generated" people it´s not so bad
I mean, I grow watching not only Disney, but also Beavis and Butt-head and Ren & Stimpy

Hope you didn't take that the wrong way, I was making a reference to what Pete said in A Goofy Movie.

It's just a general statement for someone with a short attention span, supposedly brought on my multiple viewings of extremely short, fast-paced material that doesn't require much of an attention span. We discussed that a lot in one of my college courses.

BTW, Ren and Stimpy rocks, and although I haven't really seen Beavis and Butthead, I enjoy the movie immensly.

Peace out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:16 am 
Gold Collection

Bambi was the first Disney movie that i ever saw and it has a special lil place inside of me.

But the movie did confuse me a bit. I thought Faline was the Mom too and when Faline has babies, i thought that Bambi was little again....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:31 am 
Collector's Edition

Well i cant even remember much about the film at all. So when its released its gonna be just like watching it for the first time really!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:11 am 
Collector's Edition

I remember hearing so much about "Bambi" when I was little, including those lil mentions on TV about the tragic death of Bambi's mother. Thus I was so anxious to watch it for the very first time when I was about 9 year-old. I actually went down town alone (10 minutes walking lol) and bought the VHS. To be honest, I found it quite boring. Except for the fire in the end, I don't find the movie interesting at all. It's trying too hard to be cute, and is too slow. Still, one can't deny the impressively detailed animation, and what is undoubtedly one of the finest moments ever captured in a Disney film - the mother's death.
Like I said, the fire scene (and especially the faraway view of the woods burning) was also exceptionally good; well executed.

All in all, I can see why this movie is regarded as one of Walt's greatest achievements, but it's not to my tatse.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:01 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Hey everybody, what's happening?
Well, I did notice that there was a discussion on Bambi earlier, but I've decided to have another, Zoltack style. You see one of the main reasons why I joined UD was so that I could find people to talk about my favorite animated Disney movie Bambi. There is a lot a I want to discuss so I'm hoping this thread will be a long one but not too long. I want this to be the ultimate Bambi discussion.

The first thing I want to talk about is the actual book itself Bambi: A life in the Woods. Now I know you'll be asking me "what does this have to do about Disney's Bambi?" Well don't worry; I'll get to the movie later, for now I want to discuss the story that inspired Walt Disney to make Bambi in the first place. Now I can tell you a lot about the author Felix Salten but I don't want to, instead just visit these links.:)

http://www.usc.edu/isd/archives/arc/libraries/feuchtwanger/exiles/salten.html
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0759041/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Salten

Here is what I want to know from you. First, I want to know if you actually read the book or not. Then I want you to tell me whether you liked it or not. Also tell me if you read the sequel Bambi's Children. Now just because you haven't read the book doesn't mean that you can't be apart of this discussion. This is a good opportunity to learn about the book and see if you're interested in it or not. Also for those of you who have read the book, please try not to spoil it for people who haven't because there is so much more in the book than in the movie. For instance, when you talk about Gobo, you don't have to give me all the details because I already know what happens to him. Another thing, try to not compare/contrast the movie and the book just yet. You see, I'm trying to keep this organized.

So with that said, let's start this thing!!! And don't be shy to ask me any questions you have regarding the topic.