The Aristokittens

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
2099net
Signature Collection

The Aristokittens

Post by 2099net »

HooZoo wrote:The Aristokittens, are a trio of curious and playful siblings, the children of Duchess and their adoptive father, Thomas O'Malley, and heirs to Madame Adelaide Bonfamille's fortune. In the original movie, "The Aristocats," they, along with their mother, are catnapped by Madame Bonfamille's butler, Edgar, who, upon learning of his place in the line of prospective heirs was decidedly upset at being below the "pets." To remedy this he plotted the cats' deaths, effectively moving himself up the chain in the Madame's Will. With the aid of Roquefort the mouse, Thomas O'Malley the Alley Cat, and a merry band of Jazz playing cats lead by Scat Cat, the Bonfamille cats are rescued and returned to the care of their wealthy and loving mistress. Edgar's plot is uncovered and he is carted off the prison. Duchess and O'Malley fall in love and he is adopted by Madame Bonfamille as well. In 1971 Gold Key comics began a 9 issue run of tales based on the adorable kittens, Marie, Berloiz and Toulouse. Marie tries to be a sophisticated and proper young lady, but her attempts to immitate her mother don't always work out quite right. In fact she is not nearly as prim and proper as she pretends to be. Toulouse is the more pugnacious member of the three, fancies himself as a little bully, which immediately endeared him to O'Malley. The third, Berloiz is really just your typical "cute little kitten." Despite their residency in Paris, France, in comics, even those aside from "The Aristokittens," the siblings have had adventures with other Disney characters such as Scamp.
So there you have it. A perfectly valid continuation of the animated film, using existing characters and concepts. Just like Scamps Adventure uses Scamp.
HooZoo wrote:In the comics, Lady and Tramp's little boy was called Scamp and their triplet daughters, Ruffles, Fluffy and Scooter. This was also true in the "Little Golden Book" storybooks. Darling was also given the name of Elizabeth and the baby had become a talking toddler named Albert. On occasion the animation studios have actual names listed for characters, but these names never make it into the actual final edit and the characters remain nameless on screen, but a record of the name does exist and is often transferred to the comics. Such is definitely the case with Scamp. In the movie when Lady and Tramp are expressing their love they come across some wet cement where two human lovers had scratched their initials: J.M. + E.D., which could be "Jim & Elizabeth" since their last names are not revealed in the film or the comics). Scamp has appeared with many Disney characters outside of those who were a part of the cast of "Lady and the Tramp." Scamp even became the superhero, Super Scamp, after eating one of Goofy's super goobers.
Lady and the Tramp III: Super Scamp anybody? :)
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

omg! i made that name up in the sequel bashing thread!! :lol: i guess disney does read this site! :lol:
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

It's a 1970's comic book series, so I doubt it MMB! Or do you mean "Lady and the Tramp III: Super Scamp"? :)
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Aristokittens 2099net
Uncle Remus
Anniversary Edition

Post by Uncle Remus »

The Aristokittens sounds good expect for one thing: WHO WOULD WANT TO VOICE A BUNCH OF LITTLE KITTIES? oh here is an idea: how about Haley Joel Osment? if he could ruin the Jungle Book sequel by voicing Mowgli, then i bet he doesnt mind ruinng the sequel to The Aritsocats. :lol:
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Mowgli sounds like 21 century blonde airhead kid in jungle book 2 :lol:
jabroni76
Special Edition

Post by jabroni76 »

<chant> Haley Haley Haley Haley...</chant> SUCKS
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

jabroni76 wrote:<chant> Haley Haley Haley Haley...</chant> SUCKS
To be fair to Haley Joel Osmet, he was probably just taking the cheque or under contract to Buena Vista...

You should really be chanting Disney Sucks if anything for miscasting him (if that is the case, for I have not seen JB2)...
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

I haven't seen the movie either, and I've only seen bits and pieces of the 1st film, but the previews didn't sound at all like the real Mowgli.

And just how old is Haley Joel Osment? He just seems to be getting a little old for the annoyingly kiddy roles like Zephyr in Hunchback 2.
Defy Gravity...
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

I heard JB2 was the last film he did before his voice drastically changed.
What would this wretched world be like without Disney?
jesus_brer
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jesus_brer »

sounds ok
:mickeyface: :goofy: :donald:
*i love Jesus
*i love disney dvds
*i love my peeps
*i love me

DISNEY DVD's
songofthesouth.net {get this classic on dvd}
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: AristoKittens? The Next Disney Animated Sequel?

Post by Sotiris »

The Aristokittens has been revived as an illustrated chapter book series.

One day while exploring the streets of Paris, kittens Marie,Toulouse, and Berlioz stumble upon something very mysterious--a hidden, abandoned restaurant! They soon discover that this place was once a secret cafe where all the animals of Paris used to gather, but has since shut down. Then the kittens have a brilliant idea: why not re-open the place and make it their own? But with three kittens who couldn’t be more different, there’s sure to be disagreement over what makes a perfect cafe, and all sorts of other hijinks… including new animal friends and secrets about the cafe's past that could change everything. Can the kittens band together to keep the opening from being a "cat"-astrophe?
Source: https://www.amazon.com/Aristokittens-We ... 368065767/

After meeting three new puppy friends, kittens Marie, Berlioz, and Toulouse have a wonderful idea: they’ll host a Dog Biscuit Bake-Off at their café! Toulouse can’t wait to enter and prove that he’s more than just the café’s artist. But the competition gets hairy, fast, when he and Marie join rival teams--and Berlioz is caught in the middle. Will the Bake-Off be a grand success, or a doggone disaster?
Source: https://www.amazon.com/Aristokittens-Gr ... 1368069738

When the annual Fantastic Rabbit Race kicks off in Paris's Luxembourg Gardens, Marie, Berlioz, and Toulouse's secret cafe for animals becomes busier than ever! When Berlioz notices that talented but awkward new racer Angelique isn't quite fitting in with her fellow contestants, he decides to cheer her on--but he's disappointed when Marie and Toulouse keep their distance, worried about "playing favorites." Things get even stranger when another racer, Skip Hopper, shows up and starts acting very strangely... Can the kittens work together to make sure the race is fair--and that the cafe feels like a welcoming place for all?
Source: https://www.amazon.com/Aristokittens-Fa ... 368069746/

After the kittens discover some old sheet music in their human’s attic, Marie decides to host the café’s first-ever talent show--and star in it, too! But even though Marie has the purrfect plan in place, directing and practicing for a show is much harder than she expected. Luckily, Marie’s new kitty friend Daisy is an actress and theater expert. With Daisy’s advice, can Marie make the show a smash hit...or will things get hairy, fast?
Source: https://www.amazon.com/Aristokittens-Te ... 368093701/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Something about "Aristokittens" makes me laugh so hard.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Was this supposed to be like a direct to video sequel to The Aristocats? Or a TV series?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:Was this supposed to be like a direct to video sequel to The Aristocats? Or a TV series?
Neither. This was a proposal from a fan for Disney to make a sequel based on the Aristokittens comics from the '70s as a parallel to the sequel of Lady and the Tramp which was based on comic books as well. The actual direct-to-video sequel to The Aristocats that was in production was set on a cruise ship and it was about the cat family trying to catch a jewel thief. The TV series that was in development focused on the kittens as teenagers who were more modernized and anthropomorphized.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

That's interesting. I didn't know about any of these.