Belle anime is copycat of Disney's Beauty and the Beast

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Belle anime is copycat of Disney's Beauty and the Beast

Post by twihard »

Has anyone seen the Belle anime? It is the Japanese beauty and the beast. Truly gorgeous and beautiful film better than anything disney has made since 2007/2008.
What shocked me though is that belle's middle section is an exact copy of Disney's movie. The castle design is the same if you look at the staircase in the pic. Belle walks through it in a cloak with ponytail and some shots are identical with her walking in hallways and gargoyles looking at her.

There is also a scene where Beast scares Belle and she runs away from the castle in fright. Is attacked and Beast comes to save her from villains. She comforts him afterwards with the digital enchanted objects watching over them. when Belle runs away, Beast has the exact same animation as below for his reaciton so this animation was copied. so Glen Keane was consulted for this movie so I think they did this as tribute to him because movie's director said he loved Glen's beast.
ImageImage

there is also a broken painting like the prince's one in the castle which is part of the beast's origin
also a scene where the villains and Gaston character come to the castle and ransack it like the mob song.

there is also a ballroom scene
ImageImageImage

Jin Kim who made Elsa and Anna was asked to work on this movie and animate Belle. resemblacne is obvious to anyone so Disney touch is there

please watch you will not be disappointed
Jules
Diamond Edition

Re: Belle anime is copycat of Disney's Beauty and the Beast

Post by Jules »

I'd forgotten about this film.

I thought it was hand-drawn. Judging by those GIFs, it's cel-shaded CG, which is disappointing.

Sorry that I have nothing to contribute towards the discussion of the film's similarities to WDAS' BatB. I haven't watched it yet. Hopefully I'll get around to it eventually.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

Jules wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:49 am I'd forgotten about this film.

I thought it was hand-drawn. Judging by those GIFs, it's cel-shaded CG, which is disappointing.

Sorry that I have nothing to contribute towards the discussion of the film's similarities to WDAS' BatB. I haven't watched it yet. Hopefully I'll get around to it eventually.
it is worth a watch.

it is hand-drawn. the scenes I took pics of are all from the digital world so those use cgi to augment the virtual reality. the human world is all hand-drawn and looks more normal.
Lele
Limited Issue

Post by Lele »

I wasn't a big fan of the story, but the songs were pretty good. I liked A million miles away, Lend me your voice and Gales of Song.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

Lele wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:13 am I wasn't a big fan of the story, but the songs were pretty good. I liked A million miles away, Lend me your voice and Gales of Song.
yes songs are nice.

what shocks me most is that Disney has not sued. didnt Disney sue a father for posting pic of Spider-Man on his child's grave? :shock: If they can do that, why would they not sue a rival animation company for shot to shot copies??? I can only think that Disney knows their own history of plagarism with movies like Lion king and Atlantis so how can they show face?? :|