Lilo and Stitch Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Stitch fan

Post by Stitch fan »

i dont blame the site and i dont blame disney i blame the fact that i havent been able to find anything new with stitch in it ive looked at kingdom hearts 2 and they say it has stitch in it but i cant seem to find any pic's...

even the leroy and stitch stuff dosnt have much info on stitch anymore not less just nothing new...

have you noticed how stitch's head looks more smashed now than when they first made him in lilo and stitch? its the series that did it right? shorter more mushed looking...

also his ears are less Proportionate now then they were, larger i think.

maybe i should start looking into the character size-shape relationship i realized jumba dosnt stay the same size throughout the first movie and it was kind of obviouse to!
http://new.petitiononline.com/stitch00/petition.html

sign this petiton to save stitch the series!
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Stitch fan wrote:ive looked at kingdom hearts 2 and they say it has stitch in it but i cant seem to find any pic's...

Image from Kingdom Hearts Ultimania. The only things confirmed about Stitch so far is that....

- There will be NO Lilo & Stitch world.
- Stitch is most likely a summon
- His weapon is a ray-gun like in the picture.
Stitch fan wrote:have you noticed how stitch's head looks more smashed now than when they first made him in lilo and stitch? its the series that did it right?
Yeah, it's the low-budget animation from the TV series that made him look like that.

Post 900, whoo-hoo!
:party:
- John
Stitch fan

Post by Stitch fan »

do you think the kingdom hearts 2 stitch appearence will help the stitch movie's or maybe vice versa?

thanks for the pic i cant see it on my computer but i checked it on a different one.

i found a very good pic of stitch on kindom hearts 2 but its over 1 MB
and its in japanese know any sites that could translate it?

ill look and if can ill paste the translation if you want.

zack626
Gold Classic Collection

Post by zack626 »

i read on as site that the L&S Masterpiece Edition was coming out around the date that Leroy & Stitch will be out... in spring sumtime
Stitch fan

Post by Stitch fan »

are you sure it was in spring?
what website did you read that on?
i thought it would come out at the same time as leroy and stitch...

anyone have any new pic's of leroy and stitch the movie?

Stitch fan

Post by Stitch fan »

leroy and stitch should be comming out in august but they havent even started advertising it on tv yet!

they started sooner on the other movies why not this one?

this forum should start again after they start advertising the movie ... i hope it does anyway...

hope you have a nice day!

see ya bye.

zack626
Gold Classic Collection

Post by zack626 »

leroy and stitch was supposed to come out in spring .. at least that is what i remembered from a preview on a movie... and also i read recently that Lilo & Stitch Special Edition was out in the summer... july i think
Lighting

Stitch's Father?

Post by Lighting »

Is Jumba Stitch's farther in a way?
Lilo:You came back?
Stitch:Nobody gets left behind...
(Lilo and Stitch)
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Re: Stitch's Father?

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Stitch fan wrote:have you noticed how stitch's head looks more smashed now than when they first made him in lilo and stitch? its the series that did it right? shorter more mushed looking...
Yep! It's a peeve of mine and the two blues on him being off in the series. Stitch having his original design and colors back in Stitch has a Glitch is one of the reasons why I love that sequel so much!
Lighting wrote:Is Jumba Stitch's farther in a way?
Did you know some people refer to their pets as their children? Jumba most likely feels the same about his experiments. He seemed like a loner back in the beginning. He must have wanted pets for company so he created pets. Sure, he made way, way too many but he'd probably would have said "The more, the merrier!".

I have a question. In this trailer, what's the song playing when the name "Stitch" appears? It's heard in other L&S trailers and in the Lilo & Stitch: Experiment 626 game for PS2 when the title screen comes up. I'm so curious what it's called! :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtNEL4Wg ... d%20stitch
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

i know i'm a bit late but i absolutely adore lilo and stitch, i think it's one of disney's best ever films, it's what i call a "real" disney film, how disney films used to be

i cant say a bad word about it, and i cant wait for news of a uk release for leroy and stitch
BrandonH
Special Edition

Post by BrandonH »

This gets my vote for the worst movie produced by WDFA/WDAS. At no point in the movie do I like or care for the title characters. Stitch embodies many of the traits that I despise, and the small level of goodness in the top of his head is not enough to redeem him for me. The only characters I like and empathize with are Nani and David.

Another big flaw of the movie is that it is much too dark and tragic. Every time something happy or amusing happens, it is followed in short order by something terrible. The destruction of Lilo's house is a perfect example of this tendency, and it is probably a major factor in the PG rating. The only uplifting scenes occur at the end with the UGF councilwoman and the epilogue.

The music, Elvis elements, and animation style are good, but they mean nothing without a decent story and characters.

Lilo & Stitch is the only Disney Classic that I give one star out of five to, and I am glad that I picked it up secondhand instead of giving Disney money for it.
"Mustard? Don't let's be silly!"
--Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland

My DVDs
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Stitch is very cute :D,and Lilo and Stitch is a great movie :D.
By the way-the series is good? (i only have the first episode-Stitch! The Movie on DVD).
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

BrandonH wrote:This gets my vote for the worst movie produced by WDFA/WDAS. At no point in the movie do I like or care for the title characters. Stitch embodies many of the traits that I despise, and the small level of goodness in the top of his head is not enough to redeem him for me. The only characters I like and empathize with are Nani and David.

Another big flaw of the movie is that it is much too dark and tragic. Every time something happy or amusing happens, it is followed in short order by something terrible. The destruction of Lilo's house is a perfect example of this tendency, and it is probably a major factor in the PG rating. The only uplifting scenes occur at the end with the UGF councilwoman and the epilogue.
But I think, to some extent, all of what you have stated is the whole point of the movie. They're not all-American good-girl/good-boy characters. They're in pain and they're all showing it in different ways. They don't have a perfect "apple-pie" life - bad things have happened to them. But at the end, they still become a family. Yes, it's broken (as Stitch says) and they're actually all broken themselves, but they start to heal themselves through their family (and Stitch as a faux family member). At the end, their family is "good" (again to quote Stitch).

It because of this, the fact that is actually attempts to do and say more than an average Disney animated film, that I think Lilo and Stitch is so good.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
BrandonH
Special Edition

Post by BrandonH »

Netty, the fact that the main characters in L&S are not model citizens is not bad in and of itself. What I don't like is that the characters have no repercussions for their irresponsible and cruel actions. Also, the Ohana concept and the "redemption" at the end are completely forced and unconvincing. Getting rid of a vicious pet that you've had for less than a week for everyone's good is not the same as leaving part of the family behind.

Many of the problems that Lilo and Nani have are their own fault, so it's hard to feel much for them other than pity.

Some of the longer one-star reviews at Amazon capture my exact feelings about the movie. From an in-story perspective, it doesn't matter if the movie has a vastly different approach than previous Disney movies. What we got was just bad writing, pure and simple.
"Mustard? Don't let's be silly!"
--Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland

My DVDs
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

I think it is rather a funny movie. At least I 'm more amused by it than by most of the post '90s offerings.
I found Atlantis, the lost empire and Treasure Planet tiresome and I was dissapointed by Brother Bear Really, there was far to little story in that movie.

Maybe I wll watch ATLE, TP and BB again sometime, but I don't feel any great urge to add them to my Disney DVD collection. I do have Lilo & Stich though.
Last edited by BelleGirl on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Stitch fan wrote:leroy and stitch should be comming out in august but they havent even started advertising it on tv yet!

they started sooner on the other movies why not this one?

this forum should start again after they start advertising the movie ... i hope it does anyway...

hope you have a nice day!

see ya bye.
I'm gonna add your petition link to my site's links. I want to make a banner for the petition too.
BelleGirl wrote:I rhink it is rather a funny movie. At least I 'm more amused by it than by most of the post '90s offerings.
I found Atlantis, the lost empire and Treasure Planet tiresome and I was dissapointed by Brother Bear Really, there was far to little story in that movie.
When Atlantis was in theaters, my family and I went to a tiny theater closest to our town and it only had Shrek and Atlantis playing. My family watched Shrek and I watched Atlantis alone. I remember "Under the Sea" from Little Mermaid was playing while I was waiting for the movie to start. I thought the majority of it was ho-hum. When I reunited with my family after the movies, my brother and sister were talking about how funny Shrek was so much that I wished I'd seen that instead. I felt like I was cheated out of a good movie.
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

I only saw Atlantis, Treasure Planet and Brother Bear on DVD.
Though I agree that compared to a movie like ATLE Schrek is quite amusing, it cannot measure up to the best that either Pixar or Disney has to offer. I think that it will soon grow stale and will be forgotten in time. The way they are milking out the Schrek formula through all those sequels, doesn't help either.

I also think that Monsters Inc should have won the oscar for best animated feature instead of Schrek :x
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Sky Syndrome wrote:
BelleGirl wrote:I rhink it is rather a funny movie. At least I 'm more amused by it than by most of the post '90s offerings.
When Atlantis was in theaters, my family and I went to a tiny theater closest to our town and it only had Shrek and Atlantis playing. My family watched Shrek and I watched Atlantis alone. I remember "Under the Sea" from Little Mermaid was playing while I was waiting for the movie to start. I thought the majority of it was ho-hum. When I reunited with my family after the movies, my brother and sister were talking about how funny Shrek was so much that I wished I'd seen that instead. I felt like I was cheated out of a good movie.
Well,Atlantis in my opinion is an horrible movie,i hate it.
Shrek is nice but i think that the Shrek 2 and Shrek The Third (altought it felt that he was made only for money) were better but the Monsters Inc. did deserved the Oscar then Shrek and Shrek 2 way deserved the Oscar then The Incredibles (which i thought was just a wannabe of every superhero films that were made).
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

I think I'm going to side yet again with Netty on this one. Lilo and Stitch, as a Disney movie, is so amazing precisely because these characters are extremely flawed. Not in the comfortable oh-he's-a-bit-of-a-show-off kinda way like, say, The Emperor's New Groove, but really flawed. Stitch is despicable at best, and Lilo is acting like a spoilt brat with no consideration of Nani and their situation. However, these characters are real and genuine and you support them because each of them are on a quest of their own.

For Lilo it is to understand the true meaning of friendship and to find "someone that won't run away" as she put it. For Stitch it is to realise his purpose in the world and to find out if he can be more than just a havok-wrecking machine. That's why IMO it's so important that every feel-good moment be followed by a low point, because their journey is a real-life struggle, and much like in real life, these struggles are very difficult to overcome at times.

This remains one of my favorite Disney movies even after 5 years. The story is one of Disney's strongest efforts, the animation is superb and pays tribute to some of the classics we grew up on as kids. And frankly? How can you not like a movie about a "dog" with 6 arms and a cross-dressing, one-eyed alien? :P
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I just recieved my usual DMC booklet thing telling me of whatever deals the club is offering when i noticed something that literally made me gasp. The DMC is offering the usual release of Lilo & Stitch in a limited edition collector's tin with a certificate of authenticity. Online you can't really see a big image of the tin itself but it looks pretty cool. It's priced at around $25, I think I'm going to order it as soon as i get my next pay check.

P.S. I thought Escapay would be proud that I used the search engine to find this subject since i slightly remembered it's existance. I feel so cool 8) :P