DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:56 pm 
Platinum Edition

I'd prefer a live-action remake 'cause it'll be easier to ignore if it sucks whereas that's harder to do with a canonical sequel.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:25 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'm sure a live-action remake of this is inevitable. I'm guessing they don't require Tim Burton's permission or anything like that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:28 pm 
Platinum Edition

Stop-motion sequel, YES PLEASE!

Kacey Musgraves & Troye Sivan ~ "Glittery"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "Christmas Makes Me Cry"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:18 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Do you know what I think would do well? A seasonal "Nightmare Before Christmas" Broadway musical, not unlike the seasonal "Grinch" stage musical. I think doing it as a stage show, they can get away with translating the characters better than a live-action movie would, using makeup and costumes for some characters (Sally, Jack, Oogie Boogie) and puppets for others. There are a lot of creative things they can do and I think Danny Elfman's music and songs lend themselves well to the stage. I think it would be popular with both NBC fans and theatre nerds.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:21 pm 
Limited Edition

:roll: Do we really need this? Are people desperate to see Jack Skellington turned into some big-headed fetish monstrosity like Burton's Alice in Wonderland characters?

And Goliath and Duster were Sonny and Cher.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:25 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

estefan wrote:
Do you know what I think would do well? A seasonal "Nightmare Before Christmas" Broadway musical, not unlike the seasonal "Grinch" stage musical. I think doing it as a stage show, they can get away with translating the characters better than a live-action movie would, using makeup and costumes for some characters (Sally, Jack, Oogie Boogie) and puppets for others. There are a lot of creative things they can do and I think Danny Elfman's music and songs lend themselves well to the stage. I think it would be popular with both NBC fans and theatre nerds.

I doubt Disney would ever lend the property to NBC though. I remember they had plans for a live Little Mermaid musical on ABC (or Freeform, can't remember which channel now) but they fell through. Could adapt those plans for a Nightmare one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:14 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

NBC = Nightmare Before Christmas :wink:

But reading my post again, I can understand the confusion with that acronym now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:21 pm 
Limited Edition

I must say...I really really want a sequel...although I'm fully aware it won't hold a candle to the inevitable superior original. But as clearly stated by Burton I don't hold my hopes up...and should he or better yet Henry Sellick choose not to be involved it's a hard pass for me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:44 pm 
Collector's Edition

All that I hope what this is is a stage musical or maybe another spin off video game or comic book. As far as live action reboot or sequel is concerned, "No."

And if they were doing a reboot, what "problems" would they fix this time? Explain how Jack was able to get up through the tree back to Halloween Town? Was there some kind of barrier between Halloween Town and the Real World he needed to cross so he can deliver the presents? Will Jack upright say out loud that he isn't a bad person even though he made it clear in the song after his disastrous outing in the original that he meant no harm? And most importantly, will they explain what Oogie Boogie meant by "double dead" when Jack was undead to begin with?

See? It takes away from the magic and sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:08 pm 
Limited Edition

The sad thing is...I think you just nailed that story...that's got Disney's mo written all over it...Still..I crave for more Jack Skellington...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:21 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

estefan wrote:
NBC = Nightmare Before Christmas :wink:

But reading my post again, I can understand the confusion with that acronym now.

Oops lol. My bad.