BAMBI Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
saving107
Gold Classic Collection

Post by saving107 »

i liked the review as well, it got me very excited about the release next tuesday, i can't wait.

Aladdin, Bambi and The Littler Mermaid are my 3 most favorite titles from the Platinum line, 101 Dalmatians is also one of them.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Just got my very own copy! :D The movie is, of course, wonderful. The features I've seen so far are enjoyable and are by no means fluffy...
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Great review Luke! There's also a review up at the DVD Movie Guide if anyone wants to read it:

http://www.dvdmg.com/bambi.shtml
Last edited by Wonderlicious on Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

Very great review Luke ! :)
Chandler (to Phoebe, over the phone) : Listen, Joey isn't gonna be here tonight so why don't you come over and I'll let you uh.. feel my bicep; or maybe more...
Friends, 5.14 - The One Where Everybody Finds Out
rodis
Special Edition

Post by rodis »

Great review, Luke! And you chose great captures as well! It does look pretty amazing!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thanks for all the warm feedback! I spent a good amount of the weekend working on the review, FantasiaMan.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
FantasiaMan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FantasiaMan »

Whew, that's tough, but at least you covered everything on the DVD, and you have gotten a lot of great comments from your fellow Disney fans.

In the words of Friend Owl: "Well, this is quite an occasion, yes sir....... you are to be congratulated."
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thanks again!

By the way...that "special news" will be up within today or tomorrow, but I can let you in on it. I had the opportunity to interview Mr. Don Dunagan, the voice of childhood Bambi!

I'm still pretty excited by it. Hope it lives up to your expectations!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Oooh, neat! I'm sure it'll be a great interview, Luke (especially since you probably asked him some Disney fanatic-type questions rather than just the usual superficial stuff). :D
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

:up:

Did you ask him if he freezes if caught in the headlights when crossing a road in the dark? :D
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Hey Luke, that was one heck of a review, hehe! It was even worth reading it more than once! :D Thanks a lot for the screencaps! The movie does seem to look wonderful.

It is great that Disney is finally releasing the old ones in the way they deserve... 2005 and 2006 certainly look promissing as far as Walt's movies go... Bambi, Cinderella, Lady and the Tramp, Dumbo, Song of the South and probably some other suprise special edition along the way. There's a lot to look forward to!

BTW, really looking forward to the interview! :up:
lolopimp
Banned Deadbeat

Post by lolopimp »

Luke wrote:Thanks again!

By the way...that "special news" will be up within today or tomorrow, but I can let you in on it. I had the opportunity to interview Mr. Don Dunagan, the voice of childhood Bambi!

I'm still pretty excited by it. Hope it lives up to your expectations!
Great review Luke!!
And by the way, it must be a cool experience to interview the voice of childhood Bambi! Can't wait to read it.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Okay, something bizarre's going on, here. According to IMDB, Don Dunagan died in 2003. Now, we all know IMDB is many times wrong thanks to misinformed users who submit info, but I just thought I'd bring this up. Perhaps Luke interviewed Don via a seance? If so, can you interview Walt for us? ;)
FantasiaMan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FantasiaMan »

I think that Bambi will be probably the best Platinum Edition DVD yet (this is only my opinion though, no offense to the Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King & Aladdin fans out there).

Also, I can't wait to read the interview you had with the "Great Prince of the Forest", Luke.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Disneykid wrote:Okay, something bizarre's going on, here. According to IMDB, Don Dunagan died in 2003. Now, we all know IMDB is many times wrong thanks to misinformed users who submit info, but I just thought I'd bring this up. Perhaps Luke interviewed Don via a seance? If so, can you interview Walt for us? ;)
I saw that too (after the interview) and had a little chuckle. IMDb has been misinformed, as Mr. Dunagan was very much alive this afternoon. Video Watchdog interviewed him last year too, so they must have had the seance hookup too!
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

Luke wrote:
Disneykid wrote:Okay, something bizarre's going on, here. According to IMDB, Don Dunagan died in 2003. Now, we all know IMDB is many times wrong thanks to misinformed users who submit info, but I just thought I'd bring this up. Perhaps Luke interviewed Don via a seance? If so, can you interview Walt for us? ;)
I saw that too (after the interview) and had a little chuckle. IMDb has been misinformed, as Mr. Dunagan was very much alive this afternoon. Video Watchdog interviewed him last year too, so they must have had the seance hookup too!
I thought the news was the Cinderella Giftset :oops:
cool, double surprise!
Dolce fare niente...
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

FantasiaMan wrote:I think that Bambi will be probably the best Platinum Edition DVD yet (this is only my opinion though, no offense to the Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King & Aladdin fans out there).

Also, I can't wait to read the interview you had with the "Great Prince of the Forest", Luke.
I suggest you lower your expectations. It is good, but not so much as Aladdin or Snow White. In fact, it's pretty light on bonus material. At least what there is in it is worth the price. Just my humble opinion... :)
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Jens
Special Edition

Post by Jens »

Great Interview Luke! I really enjoyed it! Especially your question about the sequel, which he seems positive about :)
The Disney Database - All the Disney magic in 1 site!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Jens wrote:Great Interview Luke! I really enjoyed it! Especially your question about the sequel, which he seems positive about :)
Thanks! There was much more I wanted to ask, but there wasn't a lot of time. It was great to hear his thoughts on a few things.
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

I have a question...

Is it better to buy Bambi in Widescreen of Fullscreen? :?
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts