Moana 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Moana 2

Post by Sotiris »

Auli'i was surprisingly coy when asked about a sequel. The fact she wasn't more straightforward about a sequel not happening makes me wonder.

'Moana' Star Auli'i Cravalho on Possible Sequel
https://www.etonline.com/media/videos/m ... ive-135644
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Moana

Post by Farerb »

I hope not. Not when Musker and probably Clements are not involved.
Disney's Divinity

Re: Moana

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yeah, if the original writers are not involved, then it’s a no for me. I’d be up for it if one or both of them returned though. The world of Moana seemed pretty wide in scope; I could buy another story with those characters.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Moana (Disney+ Series)

Post by rodrigo_ca »

JUST ANNOUNCED: Disney Animation’s first-ever original animated series on #DisneyPlus: Baymax!, Zootopia+, and Tiana are coming in 2022, and Moana, the series, in 2023.
https://twitter.com/DisneyAnimation/sta ... 3660756994

Last edited by rodrigo_ca on Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Moana (TV Series)

Post by Clindor »

They are announcing like crazy! https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney ... -day-2020/

New "Moana" animated series for Disney+.
Disney's Divinity

Re: Moana (Disney+ Series)

Post by Disney's Divinity »

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Moana. I think there's potential there to explore the mythology more.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Moana (TV Series)

Post by Clindor »

Just Announced: @DisneyAnimation’s first-ever original animated series are coming to @DisneyPlus: Baymax!, Zootopia+, and Tiana are coming in 2022, and Moana, the series, in 2023.
https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1337190708705423361
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

cool! so many questions! when will it be set? will Johnson/Maui be back? LMM? CGI or 2d? :milkbuds:
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

FINALLY :rock: :rock: :rock:

It took almost as time as the Tangled series getting announced, a pretty good time. And DJ returning as Maui is my big question too.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:It'll be interesting to see what they do with Moana. I think there's potential there to explore the mythology more.
According to what they said during the presentation, it seems that's what they're going to do.
unprincess wrote:cool! so many questions! when will it be set? will Johnson/Maui be back? LMM? CGI or 2d? :milkbuds:
I don't know if Lin-Manuel Miranda will return or not, but it has been announced it'll be a musical series:
Moana, The Series, coming to Disney+ in 2023, is a new long-form musical series that follows spirited voyager Moana as she ventures far beyond the reef. The studio is once again connecting with storytellers from the Pacific Islands to help tell the stories of wayfinding and other traditions brought to life for generations through oral storytelling.
Source: https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/docum ... bccd9a.pdf
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:And DJ returning as Maui is my big question too.
I'm sure he will. He seemed to have loved working on the first one.
D82 wrote:Moana, The Series, coming to Disney+ in 2023, is a new long-form musical series that follows spirited voyager Moana as she ventures far beyond the reef.
So, it's a direct sequel then. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Moana and TPatF getting direct continuations by WDAS without Musker & Clements' involvement doesn't feel right.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

NOPE. Sorry just no.
I guess if I had to endure Belle's Enchanted Christmas and Belle's Magical Prison, then I can deal with this, but I don't like it.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, it`s nice to see that Moana is getting it`s own TV series. After all, most of John Musker and Ron Clements properties did. Perhaps this is the reason of why Auli`i Cravalho was so coy when she was asked about a Moana sequel?
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

My favorite morden Disney movie !!

Yayyy ! :D
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

DisneyFan09 wrote:After all, most of John Musker and Ron Clements properties did.
To me, there's a big difference. Those were made by other studios whereas this one is produced by WDAS which makes it canon. It's easy to ignore the cheapquels or the TV series, especially since WDAS doesn't acknowledge them either, but this project as well as the Tiana one are the first properties based on Musker/Clements films that are getting canonical continuations.

By the way, am I the only who's bothered by the fact this series is just called "Moana"? I think it's confusing to have both the film and the show share the exact same name. How are people going to differentiate between the two? They should have given it a subtitle or called it "Moana & Maui" or done something to make it more distinct.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I think it's in the same tradition as the other Ron & John shows...I think they're usually referred to as "Disney's" _____ {TLM, Al, Herc}... But I get what you mean, wanting it to have its own identity. Some sites are referring to it as "Moana the Series," but I think that's just how Jennifer Lee presented it...
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

The Disney+ app will probably make it clear which "Moana" is the movie and which "Moana" is the series. If you search for "The Little Mermaid", for example, the show has (Series) next to the title.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

In the fact sheet Disney released it's called Moana, The Series as well as on many sites, as blackcauldron85 mentioned, so maybe they just used the film logo for the presentation and it's not what the series is going to be titled.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:To me, there's a big difference. Those were made by other studios whereas this one is produced by WDAS which makes it canon. It's easy to ignore the cheapquels or the TV series, especially since WDAS doesn't acknowledge them either, but this project as well as the Tiana one are the first properties based on Musker/Clements films that are getting canonical continuations.
Alright, fair enough. But regarding Musker/Clements` involvement in their spinoff-properties, remember they wanted to be included in a Hercules sequel: http://am.animatedviews.com/Hercules.html. They had even written a draft. It`s a pity that it didn`t happen.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:In the fact sheet Disney released it's called Moana, The Series as well as on many sites, as blackcauldron85 mentioned, so maybe they just used the film logo for the presentation and it's not what the series is going to be titled.
I hope so, but the fact they took the time to create new logos for their other series, makes me believe it's the final one. I doubt they are going to change it or add "The Series" into the actual title. I know it'll still be referred to as "the series" despite that, but I would have preferred there was a distinction in the title itself.