Cinderella Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Cinderella Discussion

Post by blackcauldron85 »

In some interviews, Paige O'Hara says Belle is the oldest princess, so I just took it as fact:

One such interview: https://cinemasiren.com/featured-post/v ... ars-belle/
She is the oldest, and they say she’s the oldest princess and in her early twenties where most of them are teenagers.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Oh wow, I've never heard of Belle being in her early 20s. That's really weird because she's clearly given the age of 17 in the original opening for the film and I can't imagine that Belle's character changed very much since then in the final product.

I also remember that somewhere Pocahontas was described as being the oldest Disney Princess. How she was the first real adult woman Disney had made while the other princesses were all still girls so that definitely doesn't work if Belle was in fact in her early 20s. I also find that number hard to believe because this would probably make her older than the Beast/Adam who turns 21 and Disney has never made a female character older than a male one. There's always an age gap of at least two years with the male character older than the female one and the one exception would be Quasimodo and Esmeralda and we all know they don't end up together.

Paige O'Hara always has a lot to say about Belle and BATB, some of which doesn't always gel well with what we know today. Like her claims that Adam was always the Prince's real name and Disney has been trying to bury this or that Belle had brown eyes and now this.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Huh. Interesting stuff guys, interesting stuff. I guess I'll just take it Belle is really 17. For now. I will always call the Beast Adam though, even if that's headcanon.
blackcauldron85

JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Lovely! Thanks for posting! I'm so glad they didn't just include the transformation scene but also her twirling and showing off her glass slippers.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

It was nice to see this. Especially with the film's restorations from the Platinum onwards having greatly diminished the moment because of so much detail being haphazardly lost, I always find it refreshing to see it the way it was originally again. I only ever get to with the VHS otherwise.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow! Yes, I agree, I loved seeing the whole scene in pencil! It's so cool seeing how the sparkles on her dress stayed in place but also moved with the dress. THIS is what should have been on the Platinum Edition as well as all future home video releases of the film, just like the pencil animation of the Beast was included for Beauty and the Beast! Now, Disney sort of did it with the "In Walt's Words" feature...but it wasn't on it's own, filling up the whole screen! So Disney, you get a thank you for getting it half right, but go all the way next time, please!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

In the fourth episode of the Disney+ series "Disney Insider", they're recreating an animation cel from Cinderella.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y2GeB6TvjE
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks Sotiris! Super cool! I wish I could see it, but I don't have Disney+. Maybe my friend will show me on his.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Ohhhhh! Thank you Sotiris, that was wonderful!
blackcauldron85

^ I enjoyed it, too. And I looked up others in the series: I saw Sleeping Beauty, Zootopia, and Pinocchio.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Case closed! :P
The Walt Disney Studios may have stopped using Ink & Paint departments in animation after The Little Mermaid, but a small team of artists keep the artform alive for the collector’s market. In celebration of the 70th anniversary of Cinderella, we meet two artists, a lab technician, and the operation’s manager as they review original pieces from Disney’s Animation Research Library to match colors and recreate the moment where Cinderella looks at her ballgown after the Fairy Godmother transforms it. From floating the paint on the cel to airbrushing magic details, it offers a modern peek into how the artists made the film look so magical. Also, the color of Cinderella’s dress is “Gray 4,” proving once and for all that it’s gray and not blue.
Source: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/article ... ey-heroes/
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

If Cinderella's dress is Gray 4, does that make it part of the Fifty Shades of Gray? I wonder what color the chains and whips are in the royal bedroom.

Alby
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

I watched that segment in the Insider series. I wish they would have shown more of the ink and paint process... I find it fascinating.

So they dip that quill-thing in the paint for the inking?!?!?!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

OMG! THANK YOU SOTIRIS!!!!!!
Escapay wrote:If Cinderella's dress is Gray 4, does that make it part of the Fifty Shades of Gray? I wonder what color the chains and whips are in the royal bedroom.
:lol:
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Escapay wrote:If Cinderella's dress is Gray 4, does that make it part of the Fifty Shades of Gray? I wonder what color the chains and whips are in the royal bedroom.

Alby
rotfl Classic Escapay!
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Not only that about the "grey" dress...

I was just checking out Cinderella on Disney+ with audio description. When her dress transforms, it is described as "twinkling white ballgown".

Oddly enough, her hair is described as "long golden brown" at the beginning of the movie (right after she makes her bed her room in the morning).

So much for that yellow blonde the have on the merchandise!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, cool, I like both those descriptions. However, the thing is silver is a more accurate name for her dress color and strawberry blonde is a more accurate name for her hair color.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Oh, Disney Duster, I agree that those are better descriptions.

But it is so rare for Disney to admit that they are anything other than blue and bright blonde...