Cinderella Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Re: Cinderella Discussion

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:I watched both the animation and the remake yesterday evening, and I never realized just how good a character Cinderella is. I admire her greatly because of her cheerfulness and kindness in face of crappy times with her stepfamily. Plus, the fact that the animals surrounding her all have clothes and hats means she made those clothes for them, and that makes her even more endearing in my eyes. I think her and Snow White are the sweetest and kindest Princesses. And the most iconic, too.
To be honest, I thought that Cinderella was even more graceful and sweet in the remake. Her animated predecessor displays more emotional depth to her.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Yeah, I agree. :)
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I agree on Cinderella and Snow White being the kindest, sweetest, most iconic princesses Vlad, and I agree with you and DisneyFan09 on Cinderella's emotional depth.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

A contestant namedAlyssa Wray performed "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" on Idol tonight. She wasn't my favorite contestant, but she was okay. I thought her performance was notable only because she sings it as it is in the movie with the part that Cinderella hums while showering, whereas usually covers cut that part out. She was eliminated, but she probably was going to be no matter what she performed. I thought she went out on a decent note at least.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you for showing us that Divinity! I really enjoyed her performance.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

That was lovely!!!!!!!!! And that dress--- magical!!!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I just wanted to gush about how my favorite Disney character finally made me laugh. I've seen this movie too many times to count, but something about watching for when Cinderella made her face at Gus's shirt being obviously too small before she puts it on him, I finally laughed at the face she makes:

It's the only time a Disney Princess has made me laugh, other than the time Ariel did this:

So glad two of my favorite Disney characters made me laugh!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I want to talk about this movie's message. This movie seems to say, "if you believe, if that's all you do, your dreams will come true." That's actually a very dangerous message! It can lead to a lot of heartbreak and failure, because if you just believe and don't do anything to make your dreams come true, they won't! Personally, I think the message is intended to be "if you keep believing in your dreams, it will keep you working at them until they come true." That's what the message should be. However, as a kid, I loved Cinderella just getting her wish because she was a good person, and so, I love the film as it is, which is maybe saying you need to work at making your dreams come true, while Cinderella just believed enough for it to come true. What can I say? That's sweet. And more magical.
blackcauldron85

Maybe that lead to Tiana: "You've got to make them [fairy tales/dreams] happen; it all depends on you." I know that we've talked about Cinderella's kindness, that that kind of manifested the Fairy Godmother into being, right? And that Cinderella wasn't expecting the world handed to her; (she was just wishing for one night out) she did what she was told to do, she did her chores, she made her own dress (she didn't ask for a handout...she didn't steal her sisters' items, she used what she found)... She was resourceful, but she was lied to. She was told, do your chores, go to the ball. And when that didn't happen, she didnt physically hurt her family, she didn't call them bad names. She's a good person, and that helped her in her dreams coming true.

Sure, whether like Cinderella or Tiana, some people are kind and wish with all their might, or work multiple jobs and save their money, and their dreams don't come true. Movies are there to give enjoyment and inspiration and joy, and unfortunately they're not always (or ever) going to be blueprints for people's lives. But if Cinderella's kindness, compassion, spunk, and hard-working nature inspires some people to be good people, dreamers, etc , then that's a good thing. I used to be a dreamer when I was younger, and I'm sure that watching Cinderella since I was a tiny tot contributed to that.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I very much like and agree with what you said, Amy. I think Tiana working for her dreams, and her father telling her to help the wishing star give her her dreams, came from either criticism or the directors' own realization of past Disney movies saying dreams come true if you just wish for them to. I don't think I realized Cinderella's faith manifested her Fairy Godmother, but I have always thought the Fairy Godmother was her real godmother that just could only come help Cinderella if she had faith. I am a dreamer like Cinderella and the other princesses, but recently I realized I have to keep working on my dreams or they will never come true.
blackcauldron85

I think what you said in your last sentence is very reasonable. It's like you have to play the lottery to win the lottery. If someone wants to meet their Prince Charming but never goes out (or online) to meet people, the odds are lower. If you want a new job but don't work on your resume and apply, it's less likely to happen. Be a good person and put some effort into what you want, and while not guaranteed, you have more of a chance than just wishing on the star while doing nothing else.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

That's right. I agree with everything you both said. I can add something, based on my own life experiences. There can be times when you work on your dream, and nothing happens for quite a while. And then, when you least expect it, just when you're ready to give up on hope, something truly great happens.
Disney Duster wrote:I just wanted to gush about how my favorite Disney character finally made me laugh. I've seen this movie too many times to count, but something about watching for when Cinderella made her face at Gus's shirt being obviously too small before she puts it on him, I finally laughed at the face she makes:

It's the only time a Disney Princess has made me laugh, other than the time Ariel did this:

So glad two of my favorite Disney characters made me laugh!
Haha, I love those two, I have one too, of Snow White that made me laugh so hard when I was little. I randomly paused the movie, and I saw this.

I was like "Ha! Snow White is into martial arts!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Vlad on Tue May 11, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

You're absolutely right, Amy. And thanks for sharing your experiences, Vlad. And that martial arts Snow White is funny!
blackcauldron85

That story is a great example, Sicoe Vlad! And do we have a Disney movie screenshot thread? Those are all good ones. I'm glad that the princesses were able to make you laugh, DD!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Haha, thanks Amy. You know, a Disney screenshot thread would be great!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It was going to be a sort of modern retelling of Cinderella.

Friends producer details the scrapped Disney World-set episode too 'risqué' for the Mouse House
https://ew.com/tv/friends-disney-world- ... t-leblanc/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

I mean, if Disney wanted it bad enough, couldn't they have changed the storyline to her shoe or sweatpants or raincoat or something?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I know Amy, right? But maybe her having sex with him was also too much. I wonder how the episode would have ended? I guess Joey finds her, but they ultimately decide they aren't meant for each other.
blackcauldron85

Yeah, but they could have changed that too, if both parties really wanted the collaboration, right? I mean, I know how the character of Joey is, but he could have gone to a costume party or something, or had a date or something? :p
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

:lol: @ the idea that an episode of Friends would be considered risque.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"