Make Mine Music Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Make Mine Music Discussion

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney's Divinity wrote: I can't remember--didn't some say that TSitS had an improved look on Disney+, too?
I believe I read that here, too. I watched the film not too long ago, but not on D+.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Good to know I didn't just invent that in my head! :) I think its chances of getting a new Blu-ray release are much slimmer than TBC's were or MMM / MT's are since it's already been released on Blu-ray once, albeit looking horribly. Still, I'll hold onto hope that will happen over the next five years. Perhaps for its 60th anniversary in 2023.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

I think it'd be foolish for Disney to not release the upgraded TSitS on Blu. They remastered it, so why not make more $ by selling it?!
Disney's Divinity

I've always thought the same thing about all their TV series. They made cheapquels for a quick buck, but they won't put the TV series on DVD for a little more money in their pocket? It often feels like there's no rhyme or reason to their thinking at times.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

People on Blu-ray.com claim that both Make Mine Music and Melody Time are available to pre order from DMC (separately) and that they should be released by November 2nd.
Disney's Divinity

Oh, yay! Hopefully I get an offer to re-start my account in the next couple of months. Those two can be my purchases. :)
blackcauldron85

I'm only seeing the Gold Collection DVDs on the DMC site... :shrug: but :pink: if they are coming out!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

They said they made a pre order on the phone and they shared this confirmation afterwards:

blackcauldron85

I'm not seeing it on my DMC website...I wonder if that person lives outside of the US and they're not available here? I'm stumped!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

That's great news! We're finally going to have all of the DACs on Blu-ray. It took them long enough. I just hope they are uncensored.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I'm not seeing it on my DMC website...I wonder if that person lives outside of the US and they're not available here? I'm stumped!
There's nothing wrong. They said if you want to pre order it now you need to call them since it's not on the site yet.
blackcauldron85

^ Ohhh, gotcha. That makes sense why it's not on the site yet- thank you!
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

With "Make Mine Music" finally reaching Blu-Ray, I hope this means it will finally show up on Disney+, too.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

How wonderful!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

farerb wrote:People on Blu-ray.com claim that both Make Mine Music and Melody Time are available to pre order from DMC (separately) and that they should be released by November 2nd.
Thanks for letting us know!
Sotiris wrote:That's great news! We're finally going to have all of the DACs on Blu-ray. It took them long enough. I just hope they are uncensored.
I hope that too. In any case, it's amazing they'll finally be available on Blu-ray. :D
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

farerb wrote:Image
Good news :up: It was only a matter of time before these two got released. Lots of pictures from the HD treatment of “Make Mine Music” leaked in early 2020 so we knew the masters were ready. I still think they potentially were planned for a release in late 2020 but got postponed because of the pandemic.. hum. Well, this put an end to a long, looong wait for these Disney fans (including myself!) who wanted to complete their Blu-ray collection with the last features of the WDAS :-). If only they could re-release the movies from the 70’s in their 4:3 format it’d be quite an achievement.. :-)
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

So Disney can make some good decisions after all. Provided this isn't censored. And I'm guessing no disc art and no bonus features. Sigh, can't have everything.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Covers:
Image Image
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Ah ok. Old covers.

I would have loved fresh artwork for these two, especially MMM. However, I really am just happy both movies are finally getting high quality HD releases. I can imagine they will look and sound better than they ever have on home video.

I am confident the AV presentation will he of a high standard. I get the impression most DMC blu-rays are treated similarly to Warner Archive blu-rays, i.e. generally very well-restored without egregious scrubbing of the image. I'll wager both these movies will still be sporting their film grain, in contrast to countless other far more high profile films from WDAS. If they got the same treatment as Cauldron then they should look gorgeous.

Can't wait to watch All the Cats Join In, After You've Gone and Blame it on the Samba in HD. I find those particular segments ravishing to look at.
Disney's Divinity

MT and MMM are actually the best of the shorts films, imo (along with F&FF). Sort of tragic they were the last released like this, but better late than never, right? :)