Disney at San Diego Comic-Con 2014

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Disney at San Diego Comic-Con 2014

Post by Sotiris »

Previously:

• SDCC 2013
• SDCC 2012
• SDCC 2010
• SDCC 2009
• SDCC 2008
• SDCC 2007
• SDCC 2005
• SDCC 2004

Some of the Disney panels at this year's SDCC. Will anyone be attending?

Toy Story That Time Forgot
Calling all Toy Story fans! ABC and Disney•Pixar present an exclusive first look at the upcoming holiday special,Toy Story That Time Forgot. Executive producer Galyn Susman (Toy Story OF TERROR!), director Steve Purcell(Brave), and head of story Derek Thompson (WALL•E) give you an exclusive inside look at the sketches, storyboards, and concepts that went into the making of this Disney•Pixar special!
Thursday July 24, 2014 11:15am – 12:15pm
Room 6A

The Art of Big Hero Six
Walt Disney Animation Studios presents director Don Hall, producer Roy Conli, production designer Paul Felixand character designer Shiyoon Kim as they share the visual development of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ November 7, 2014 film, Big Hero 6. The action-packed comedy adventure tells the story of robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who learns to harness his genius – thanks to his brilliant brother Tadashi and their like-minded friends: adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred. When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to his closest companion – a robot named Baymax – and transforms the group into a band of high-tech heroes determined to solve the mystery. Inspired by the Marvel comics of the same name.
Thursday July 24, 2014 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Room 7AB

Wander Over Yonder
Creator Craig McCracken and stars Jack McBrayer (30 Rock), April Winchell (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), and Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants) explore the wonders of Disney XD’s newest series Wander Over Yonder. Find out what’s in store for the friendliest face in outer space with exclusive clips from upcoming episodes and an audience Q&A. The panel will also feature sneak peeks of two new animated shows coming to Disney XD!
Thursday July 24, 2014 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Room 25ABC

The Heroes of Star Wars Rebels
The almost 20-year stretch of Star Wars history between Episodes III and IV is a dark time in the galaxy that has never before been explored on screen. The evil Galactic Empire has tightened its grip and only a select few are brave enough to stand against tyranny and ignite a rebellion. Join Star Wars Rebels executive producers Dave Filoniand Simon Kinberg as well as series stars Freddie Prinze, Jr., Vanessa Marshall, Steve Blum, Tiya Sircar, and Taylor Gray for an exclusive preview of what’s to come this Fall on Disney XD in this eagerly awaited television series from Lucasfilm Animation.
Thursday July 24, 2014 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Room 6BCF

Gravity Falls
Creator and executive producer Alex Hirsch (Grunkle Stan) is joined by series stars Kristen Schaal (Mabel), Jason Ritter (Dipper), and Thurop Van Orman (L'il Gideon) to uncover the mysteries of Disney Channel's hit series Gravity Falls. Find out what's in store for television's spookiest town with exclusive clips from the show's exciting upcoming season and an audience Q&A. The panel will also feature sneak peeks of two new animated shows coming to Disney XD!
Friday July 25, 2014 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Room 6A

Phineas and Ferb
“Mom! Phineas and Ferb are doing a Comic-Con panel again!” Show creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh, along with voice talent Vincent Martella (The Walking Dead), Alyson Stoner (Step Up 3D), and the stars of the series present an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at what’s to come for Disney Channel’s hit animated series, including a sneak peek at this summer’s epic crossover event: Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars. The panel will also feature sneak peeks of two new animated shows coming to Disney XD!
Saturday July 26, 2014 10:00am – 11:00am
Room 6A

Marvel Animation Presents!
Jeph Loeb (Marvel’s head of television; Hydra Agent) returns for what’s become one of the most popular television panels at San Diego. Join Jeph, Stephen Wacker (VP -animation & writing panel blurbs), Cort Lane (huge nerd, VP), and Eric Radomski (giant dork, SVP) for the latest news on the House of Ideas’ hit animated shows: Marvel’s Avengers Assemble and Marvel’s Hulk & The Agents of S.M.A.S.H. Plus: See the eye-popping world premiere of Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors’ history-making epic: “Spider-Verse”! Double plus: A special exclusive surprise for Marvel fans that you will all be talking about for the rest of the convention!
Saturday July 26, 2014 10:30am – 11:30am
Room 6BCF

Once Upon a Time
Once Upon a Time has Frozen over! As Elsa enters Storybrooke, she brings an icy new twist to the lives of the rest of the fairytale inhabitants. Co-creators and executive producers Edward Kitsis (Lost), and Adam Horowitz (Lost) along with Lana Parrilla (24), Josh Dallas (Thor), Emilie de Ravin (Lost), Colin O’Donoghue (The Rite), and Jared Gilmore (Mad Men) discuss the upcoming season of new characters, new adventures and new rivalries.
Saturday July 26, 2014 11:00am – 11:45am
Ballroom 20

Spotlight on Don Rosa
American cartoonist and Comic-Con special guest Don Rosa is best known for his Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck stories, especially his prize-winning Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck. Join Fantagraphics publisher and life-long friend Gary Groth as he interviews the man in the ink-stained gloves who wrote and drew a whopping two decades’ worth of ripping Scrooge and Donald yarns.
Saturday July 26, 2014 11:00am – 12:00pm
Room 4

Disney’s Gargoyles 20-Year Anniversary
“Twenty years ago, superstition and the sword ruled. It was a time of darkness. It was a world of fear. It was the age…of Gargoyles!” Help celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Disney Animation television series Gargoyles with members of the cast and crew, featuring series creator Greg Weisman, supervising producer Frank Paur, and others.
Saturday July 26, 2014 5:00pm – 6:00pm
Room 25ABC

The Official Disney Publishing Worldwide Fall Book and App Preview!
Disney Publishing Worldwide gives SDCC attendees a special sneak preview of upcoming books from Disney Press, Disney-Hyperion, Marvel Press, and Disney Lucas Film Press, along with their interactive storytelling and creativity apps. Moderator Rose Brock (award-winning librarian) and panelists Nachie Marsham (executive editor for Disney Book Group), Michael Siglain (executive editor for Disney Lucas Film Press/Disney Book Group), Tomas Palacios (editor for Marvel Press), Dina Sherman (senior marketing manager for Disney Book Group/School & Library Division), Michael Zagari (lead producer for Disney Digital Media), and Brooke McKnight (marketing manager for Digital) will demonstrate and talk about some of the exciting new reads and apps coming from DPW. Disney cosplay fans are encouraged to come-as long as costumes are kid-friendly!
Sunday July 27, 2014 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Room 8

Disney's Master Teachers: Life Drawing For Animation
Disney has a long tradition (dating back to the 1930s) of running life drawing classes for its animators. The idea is that understanding and mastering actual anatomy improves animated drawings and gestures. Disney's current master teachers -- Karl Gnass, Mark McDonnell, and Bob Kato -- will talk about their creative philosophies, their approach to life drawing and gesture, how classical drawing translates to animation, and what animation studios look for in artists. Best of all, they'll alert you to the classes they run for civilians. Disney visual development artist Dan Cooper will weigh in on how these classes have improved his animation skills. Moderated by Fast Company's Susan Karlin.
Sunday July 27, 2014 1:45pm - 2:45pm
Room 5AB
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Re: Disney at San Diego Comic-Con 2014

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Probably lots of new info concerning Big Hero 6 will come out of it. I can't wait! :D
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

thedisneyspirit wrote:Probably lots of new info concerning Big Hero 6 will come out of it. I can't wait! :D
Finally, the cast hopefully :roll:
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

If people from Disney are going to be there, then I wish I could be there to yell at them.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

2Disney4Ever wrote:If people from Disney are going to be there, then I wish I could be there to yell at them.
Look, I don't know what your deal is. If all you're going to do is post negativity on this forum, I suggest you take a break from this site. A lot of us are sick of your anti-CGI poisonous rants.
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
2Disney4Ever wrote:If people from Disney are going to be there, then I wish I could be there to yell at them.
Look, I don't know what your deal is. If all you're going to do is post negativity on this forum, I suggest you take a break from this site. A lot of us are sick of your anti-CGI poisonous rants.
For the record, I did give some of my complaints to Jennifer Lee before when I found out she had a Twitter account.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

2Disney4Ever wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote: Look, I don't know what your deal is. If all you're going to do is post negativity on this forum, I suggest you take a break from this site. A lot of us are sick of your anti-CGI poisonous rants.
For the record, I did give some of my complaints to Jennifer Lee before when I found out she had a Twitter account.
I really hope you were polite and classy to her about it. And I think that she doesn't pick the animation. It's Lassenter's or Eisner's decision.
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

disneyprincess11 wrote:I really hope you were polite and classy to her about it. And I think that she doesn't pick the animation. It's Lassenter's or Eisner's decision.
I think you mean Iger. Eisner's been gone since 2005.

disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

2Disney4Ever wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:I really hope you were polite and classy to her about it. And I think that she doesn't pick the animation. It's Lassenter's or Eisner's decision.
I think you mean Iger. Eisner's been gone since 2005.
Blah, yeah Iger. Thanks. :)
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

wasnt there supposed to be a panel last year that talked about the death of 2-d anmation and there were gonna have a mock funeral for it or something? did they ever go through with it?
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Looking forward to the Toy Story panel. I wonder if it'll barely be about Christmas at all, like toy story of terror wasn't about Halloween.
Gravity Falls should be fun too. I wasn't there but someone uploaded the panel from last year, it was a good watch. Hope someone uploads the toy story one, but apparently Pixar has tighter security as I never see them pop up anywhere. All we get are impressions usually.
Your the kind of person who shouldn't be allowed at comic-con.
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

Kyle wrote:
Your the kind of person who shouldn't be allowed at comic-con.
Can I help it if I've got a bone to pick with the Disney studio these days?

BTW people, I used to be a member on the Pixar Planet forum where I remember Kyle from before I left. Not because I ever had any real issues there, but because I left that forum behind for other things, and well, I've grown to be less positive towards Disney animation as the time went on.

disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

2Disney, I do honestly think 2D animation will come back, eventually. I'm not saying next year, but probably (don't get your hopes up) around 7-10 years. CGI animated movies, so far, are make $400k as the maximum. Heck, NUT JOB only made 77k (BUT, THEY'RE STILL DOING A SEQUEL :face palm: ) & MR. PEABODY only made 200k. Dreamworks is especially, drastically going down throughout these last 3 years. It could be the general audience's way of saying, "We're tired of CGI. Give us 2D animation back please"

It is really too bad Frozen was CGI. They couldn't pick a worst time to not have a movie be 2D. I can promise you, if Frozen was 2D, 2D animation would be back because of the $$$$$$$$$$$$ Frozen made.
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

disneyprincess11 wrote:It is really too bad Frozen was CGI. They couldn't pick a worst time to not have a movie be 2D. I can promise you, if Frozen was 2D, 2D animation would be back because of the $$$$$$$$$$$$ Frozen made.
But it wasn't. Because the people at Disney today are such idiots. And because of them I've been spending all this time making sure they never live that decision down.

Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

This is going to be one of those threads isn't it?

There's a time and place for that debate, heckling Disney, either at Comic-con or in this thread, isn't how you do it. Especially when two of the shows mentioned in here are hand drawn.
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

Kyle wrote:This is going to be one of those threads isn't it?

There's a time and place for that debate, heckling Disney, either at Comic-con or in this thread, isn't how you do it. Especially when two of the shows mentioned in here are hand drawn.
Well any complaints I would have would be mainly directed towards the people coming from Disney's theatrical animation division.

But I've never once been to Comic-con, and the chances of me ever being able to go there in my current living situation are extremely unlikely.

disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

2Disney4Ever wrote:And because of them I've been spending all this time making sure they never live that decision down.

Okay, 2Disney. That is really, really creepy and it makes you sound really psychopathic.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

2Disney4Ever wrote:
But it wasn't. Because the people at Disney today are such idiots. And because of them I've been spending all this time making sure they never live that decision down.
You're a loony! You'll be kicked out if you were at the comic con. :roll:
Last edited by TsWade2 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Aren't Once Upon A Time having a panel this year?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Atlantica wrote:Aren't Once Upon A Time having a panel this year?
They are. I've updated the first post to include the Saturday panels.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage