Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

How Old Snow White Is?

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I think she's supposed to be the youngest princess,I also heard people saying that she's 14,what?.
So anyway,anyone knows how old is she?.
DonDuck

Post by DonDuck »

70 :D
And still the Fairest, wow :wink:
Marky_198
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marky_198 »

I think she is as old as she looks in your eyes.

That's what I do, because the ages they say they are just don't fit at all.
No way that Aurora and Ariel for example look and sound like 16.
To me, Aurora is between 20 and 22, no matter what anyone says ;)
I know it doesn't fit story wise, but that's how I see girls of that age.

Snowwhite is 18 or 19 in my opinion.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

But they have ages,thought Aurora and Ariel doesn't sounds or look like 16 years old,Snow White does seems 18 or 19 and Ariel and Aurora seems 20 or 21.
So far official ages:
Aurora-16.
Ariel-16.
Jasmine-18.
There's more?.
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

i wish to believe pocahontas in the movie is 25 or 27..just cause i am now :) and she seems like it.25 at least
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
LathronAniron

Post by LathronAniron »

In my Making Of Snow White Book, she was said to be 13 and the prince at 18 I believe, so young to get married Lol
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

So if the Prince gets all horny and knocks Snow's virginity into the Stone Age he's officially abusing a minor. :P
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

theres no such thing as a minor rule in the olden days..as long as a girl has reached puberty..she's allowed to marry. its nothing immoral.only nowadays we have a lot of responsibilities and reasons to look into.

i think she's 15.
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Eh. To hell with that. :wink: The Prince is a pedophile! Snow White doesn't even get her period!

Otherwise she'd have stained the dwarves' beds.

Why must I be so ... vulgar?
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Julian Carter wrote:So if the Prince gets all horny and knocks Snow's virginity into the Stone Age he's officially abusing a minor. :P
Only if she resists :P

But...being like...what may be...15? and living alone with 7, then going nuts for an unknown prince....

I think she's more like Paris hilton than she shows :P :lol: :wink:
Julian Carter wrote:Eh. To hell with that. :wink: The Prince is a pedophile! Snow White doesn't even get her period!

Otherwise she'd have stained the dwarves' beds.
And how do we know she didn't?
:wink:
Last edited by Isidour on Wed May 14, 2008 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

So if the Prince gets all horny and knocks Snow's virginity into the Stone Age he's officially abusing a minor.
That's one of the most hilarious things I've read all day. :lol:

In one of my fairy-tale books it says that Snow White is 14, but not how old the prince is, but taking into consideration that during the time that the fairy-tales are supposed to take place people married way earlier and daugters were just like objects that you could trade with, so it doesn't seem weird to me that SW and Briar Rose are still so young. It's just the times that they "live" in.

I think Ariel does come off as a 16- year old in some parts of the movie in others not. Aurora, in that I agree, really seems more mature than 16.
Snow White however is as naive as a 14-year old.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Isidour wrote:And how do we know she didn't?
ahem... :wink:

Look again. *innocent whistle*
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

Dottie wrote:In one of my fairy-tale books it says that Snow White is 14, but not how old the prince is, but taking into consideration that during the time that the fairy-tales are supposed to take place people married way earlier and daugters were just like objects that you could trade with, so it doesn't seem weird to me that SW and Briar Rose are still so young. It's just the times that they "live" in.

I think Ariel does come off as a 16- year old in some parts of the movie in others not. Aurora, in that I agree, really seems more mature than 16.
Snow White however is as naive as a 14-year old.
Same. Same opinions, as well. That, and most people I talked to about Snow's age some years ago said she seemed fourteen.
That's hot.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Julian Carter wrote:
Isidour wrote:And how do we know she didn't?
ahem... :wink:

Look again. *innocent whistle*
Perhaps this could gives us a clue for the murder of the forest...
The only evidence we have is a big rock, an old hag and that bloody pillow :P
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

Julian Carter wrote:So if the Prince gets all horny and knocks Snow's virginity into the Stone Age he's officially abusing a minor. :P
Julian, I love reading your posts :lol:

I agree, to an extent, with both Dottie and Prudence. Back then it was typical for young woman to get married at the age of 13 to older men. If I had to guess, based on her personality and naivety, I’d say Snow White was around 13 or 14 years old. Ariel is a typical 16 year old and so is Jasmine. Despite being very mature, I do agree with the film that Aurora is 16. You have to remember that she was raised alone, with no social contact, by three old wise women. Therefore I don’t think it’s out of the ordinary for her to be very mature for her age.
Kendris
Limited Issue

Post by Kendris »

I'm not sure of her age. I'm gonna guess 15 or 16. Though none of the princesses look their ages. They usually look about 20-something.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

rotfl.
14? it's official? so her prince is a pedophile? what kind of a prince is this? he has no name,is a pedophile,put lipstick on and has case of nercrophiliasm? :lol:.
Some people said that Phillip and Eric are pedophile,maybe they need to think again :lol: thought if it was typical I guess he,Eric and Phillip are okay.
Disney Villain-Jasmine is 18.
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Post by Aladdin from Agrabah »

Well, it's not only the fact that I've read about it but it's also that Snow White actually does look like a 14-year-old that makes me believe this is her age. No breast, childish reactions etc. And the prince doesn't look like he's much older than her. He could be 17 or 18.
I agree that Ariel looks like her age, and so does Jasmine (even if her makeup is too heavy for a 16-year-old! By the way, Aladdin is only one year older, he's 17). But Aurora doesn't look like she's 16. She looks 18, 19 or even 20.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Aladdin from Agrabah-Jasmine is 18.
gregmasciola
Gold Classic Collection

Post by gregmasciola »

I just came upon this topic while searching for Snow White, so I thought I'd put my 2 cents in.
If I had to choose one thing to change about the movie, it would be the shot of the dwarves, sorry, the "vertically challenged", coming out of the mine. We see the exit and they're not there, and suddenly, POP! Grumpy just appears out of thin air. So I would make it more seamless as they walk out of the mine. That's all I can think of.