LGBT Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: LGBT Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I knew that and I never even watched Gargoyles.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Alex Hirsch, the creator of Gravity Falls, is criticizing Disney for their hypocritical celebration of Pride.
Alex Hirsch wrote:Disney privately: Cut the gay scene! We might lose precious pennies from Russia & China!

Disney publicly: Honk honk we put rainbow bumper sticker on Lightning McQueen today. CONSUME OUR PRODUCTS TEENS.
Source: https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/ ... 6198397953
Alex Hirsch wrote:To any creative at Disney TV, Feature, Publishing or Streaming: please mercilessly spam your execs with “there’s room for everyone under the rainbow” next time they tell you to “please revise” your LGBTQ+ character for “not being Disney appropriate”
Source: https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/ ... 2464555008
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

STAN THIS MAN. Disney is the same f***ing hypocritical company that told Kristen Stewart she's too butch for Marvel and won't be cast until she heteronormalizes herself. Those f***ers were just pissed she wouldn't touch their junk.
BK
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BK »

thedisneyspirit wrote:This has just confirmed my suspicions that Disney is the most homophobic company that could ever exist. They can play at being woke all they want, they've never made any real gay representation and they still don't care too. Instead of making Elsamaren canon they're focused on harassing gay employees. Anyone who is an ally will boycott all Disney movies and products. Which won't be hard because they haven't made anything worth watching in over a decade since they care more about vanilla ice sisters.
Sure, you can start yourself but here you are on a Disney fan site.

If Disney aren't making the movies you want them to make, then watch other movies. Hate-watching or trying to force fan theories down other people's throats doesn't help anyone.

Are you American? Do you think any of your companies really care? *Spoiler Alert* They do whatever is in the interest of their profit. That's it. That shouldn't even be a spoiler.

Don't tell me you support Biden and think Kamala Harris is a queen, though it does sound like you do. Just because it's a Democrat or a black woman bombing Palestinians or keeping kids in cages instead of a racist turd doesn't make it OK. And for all the BLM protests, especially after George Floyd and the insane police brutality, NYC is gonna elect an ex-cop as mayor. It's laughable. Going out in the street isn't the same as voting. You can't pat yourself on the back when nothing's been done. The ignorance, privilege and the gall to complain and then not bother to show up to do the very least. It's unfortunate that most of the rest of the world has to depend on American politics to ensure democracy lives on, and that responsibility has fallen on those who claim to be 'woke' but in their inaction show themselves to be anything but.

The American way is seemingly to virtue signal until the faux outrage passes. Fantastic, really. Good job. Oh and beware of the progressives, they are Communist devils. :roll:
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

BK wrote:
thedisneyspirit wrote:This has just confirmed my suspicions that Disney is the most homophobic company that could ever exist. They can play at being woke all they want, they've never made any real gay representation and they still don't care too. Instead of making Elsamaren canon they're focused on harassing gay employees. Anyone who is an ally will boycott all Disney movies and products. Which won't be hard because they haven't made anything worth watching in over a decade since they care more about vanilla ice sisters.

If Disney aren't making the movies you want them to make, then watch other movies. Hate-watching or trying to force fan theories down other people's throats doesn't help anyone.

Are you American? Do you think any of your companies really care? *Spoiler Alert* They do whatever is in the interest of their profit. That's it. That shouldn't even be a spoiler.

Don't tell me you support Biden and think Kamala Harris is a queen, though it does sound like you do. Just because it's a Democrat or a black woman bombing Palestinians or keeping kids in cages instead of a racist turd doesn't make it OK. And for all the BLM protests, especially after George Floyd and the insane police brutality, NYC is gonna elect an ex-cop as mayor. It's laughable. Going out in the street isn't the same as voting. You can't pat yourself on the back when nothing's been done. The ignorance, privilege and the gall to complain and then not bother to show up to do the very least. It's unfortunate that most of the rest of the world has to depend on American politics to ensure democracy lives on, and that responsibility has fallen on those who claim to be 'woke' but in their inaction show themselves to be anything but.

The American way is seemingly to virtue signal until the faux outrage passes. Fantastic, really. Good job. Oh and beware of the progressives, they are Communist devils. :roll:
But this is exactly what you did right now. Don't see how it helps anyone bringing all of this into a Disney forum where people talk about Disney films and the Disney company. Keep it on twitter where it belongs.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

BK wrote:

I left this place because I am sick of fake white wokes ruining everything they scream about and Disney giving in and listening to them rather than the real minorities who need the support and have actual views that should be heard. Disney makes nothing I care about anymore and I'm totally off them. When Jean left that was the writing on the wall that I have nothing left here since she was the only user whose comments I liked.

I am only back temporarily to laugh at this sh*tshow with Disney trying to appease Latinos with ugly designs and making homophobic or queerbaiting content to shut the gays up for another decade.

And no I am not an ignorant American.

You mean the same whites who voted for Trump and want all mexicans deported? Because those whites are the same people who claim Coco is "pandering to SJWs" and yet Frozen is genuine "norwegian representation". Because god knows we know in this current year norwegians need validation. -_-
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

farerb wrote:
BK wrote: Sure, you can start yourself but here you are on a Disney fan site.

But this is exactly what you did right now. Don't see how it helps anyone bringing all of this into a Disney forum where people talk about Disney films and the Disney company. Keep it on twitter where it belongs.
But aren't you the one who claimed Coco was race pandering unlike your precious Moana? Mexican culture is beautiful and complex and hollywood takes it for granted. Moana was just the theme park version of Polynesian Islands just like Frozen.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Haven't said anything like that about Coco, in fact I actually liked the film, but thank you for confirming that you're only here to troll. How you are not banned already is beyond me.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Oops sorry I thought it was you who hated on Coco. That was an honest mistake. But I remember people here did hate on Mexican culture and claimed the movie shouldnt exist because the Book of Life already was out and of course every white princess can get a dozen movies but if a Mexican gets more than one thing, that's giving them way too much. :roll:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

thedisneyspirit wrote:Disney is the same f***ing hypocritical company that told Kristen Stewart she's too butch for Marvel and won't be cast until she heteronormalizes herself.
That's not what happened exactly. She was told by someone in the industry (probably an agent) that if she was less public with her girlfriend she might score a big Hollywood blockbuster like a Marvel movie. But neither Marvel nor Disney told her such a thing.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/fashio ... interview/
BK
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BK »

farerb wrote:
BK wrote: Sure, you can start yourself but here you are on a Disney fan site.

You're right about keeping it on Twitter or elsewhere, apologies for that. But I am not virtue signalling, just to make that clear. That would imply I have that critique for fun, when really it's incredibly frustrating seeing the cognitive dissonance.
Disney's Divinity

Sotiris wrote:Alex Hirsch, the creator of Gravity Falls, is criticizing Disney for their hypocritical celebration of Pride.
Alex Hirsch wrote:Disney privately: Cut the gay scene! We might lose precious pennies from Russia & China!

Disney publicly: Honk honk we put rainbow bumper sticker on Lightning McQueen today. CONSUME OUR PRODUCTS TEENS.
Source: https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/ ... 6198397953
rotfl rotfl rotfl

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

In some overseas territories, Disney+ is using the tagline "All Pride. No Prejudice" to celebrate Pride Month.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWIL-t7ij6g
Disney's Divinity

:roll: From the company that prioritizes "racial diversity," but LGBT can wait at the door. Spare me, Disney.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Channel has released a series of videos called "This Is Me" showcasing young LGBT activists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuBUdWbr1DY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBTMwWblVbw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSSFY1Zu-Ek
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The trailer for "This Is Me: Pride Celebration Spectacular" is out. You can watch the full show on June 27th, here.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I know in the US, the concert is TONIGHT, June 27th. I don't know if due to the time zones around the world if it'll be June 28th in some countries.

Watch it this Sunday, June 27 at 5p PT / 8p ET right here on YouTube.com/DisneyPlus.

I've been really looking forward to this.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Elladorine!!! :D You've been missed!!! :wave:
Hey Brelly, sorry I didn’t say hi sooner! :wave: Hope you’ve been doing well!!! :)

Anyhoo, I saw something today and thought I’d hop into this thread to share;
https://twitter.com/ok_roque/status/141 ... 03396?s=21
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I swear "This is Me" already came out as a half hour special?

Am I also really late in the game just realizing Pixar released a gay short called "Out"?! It was cute.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

In the Muppet Babies episode titled "Gonzo-rella", Gonzo dressed up as a princess.

Gonzo Wants to Dress as a Princess in Muppet Babies Sneak Peek
https://d23.com/exclusive-gonzo-wants-t ... neak-peek/