Frozen III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Frozen III

Post by Farerb »

Skyler Shuler implies there's going to be Frozen III (not that it's surprising):
https://twitter.com/SkylerShuler/status ... 2856911878
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Frozen III

Post by Farerb »

For me in order for a third movie to succeed, they need to do these:

1. The second movie had a lot of "world building" but not really a story. What I'd like to see is all those things we learned in the second movie come into play, the world building and exposition is out of the way, now utilize it.

2. Now that Elsa is basically all powerful "fifth spirit" or whatever, she needs to come up against someone or something that is stronger than she is. Make the stakes high.

3. Showing us Anna's abilities to rule and remind us that she's actually supposed to be the protagonist of this franchise.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

There was never any doubt about a third one being made eventually. It was just a matter of when. I don't expect it to be released for at least 5 years. Given that Disney promoted Frozen 2 as WDAS' first musical sequel, Disney will no doubt promote the third one as their first trilogy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Not surprising at all. I've enjoyed everything Frozen related that the studio has released so far. Are we to expect featurettes like Frozen Fever and Olaf's Frozen Adventure till then?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I still hope for that idea from when Frozen II was in its early phase that Elsa gets to fight against a magical villain to show off her powers more. I personally expect it to come out by 2024. I think that the people BTS are probably sick of doing Frozen and want to get it over with*. :lol: The Lopezes and Jennifer Lee both seemed like they wanted to do other things during the making of II and are tired of being "banished" to working on one property. Well, at least Lee gets to oversee the whole studio. The poor Lopezes though... Miranda is working on his second film for the studio while they're still in Frozenland.

* Plus, the sooner they get the trilogy over with, the sooner they can move on to the live-action remake... :lol: I'm sure a re-make will follow seven years or so after the final part of the trilogy. Who knows though. I've always assumed III would be the stopping point, but maybe after some five-ten years go by, they might decide to get the band back together to make a IV and V down the line the way Toy Story is doing now.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:There was never any doubt about a third one being made eventually. It was just a matter of when. I don't expect it to be released for at least 5 years..
True. Remember that Frozen II was announced in 2015, almost two years after Frozen. So it`s a synergy that the third chapter has been announced two years after the sequel. And yeah, since it took four years to bring Frozen II to the screen, it will most likely be another four years before we`ll see Frozen III.
Given that Disney promoted Frozen 2 as WDAS' first musical sequel, Disney will no doubt promote the third one as their first trilogy
Most likely.

But regarding the storyline, I wonder which elements of Nordic culture they`re going to explore. The last film was somewhat about Sami`s, so I wonder if we`ll see some other aspects of Scandinavian mythology. And yeah, I know some people wanted Hans back, so I wonder if he`ll get a comeback.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I really hope its announced this year

I hope it gets completely new writers and directors

And give the Hans fan a friggin' break already!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

After Frozen 2, I can't say I'm excited for another Frozen film. The story would have to be very good to make me interested in it.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

All the Frozen movies and featurettes they did had great stories. I'm sure the third one will be amazing. :D
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Frozen II was announced back in March 2015, approximately one year and a half after the release of the first one. The same amount of time has passed since the release of the sequel and they haven't announced anything, what are they waiting for?
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

farerb wrote:Frozen II was announced back in March 2015, approximately one year and a half after the release of the first one. The same amount of time has passed since the release of the sequel and they haven't announced anything, what are they waiting for?
I’m sure there’s a few reasons. First being that the sequel was announced to keep the hype train going. The phenomenon is now solidified, so there’s not really a reason to worry about that. Second, they’ve probably had plans for a third for a long time and either they have it completely nailed down (and we’ll see a very quick release date) or it’s a disaster in the making like the second was behind the scenes and they can’t figure out the story (and it’ll be years and years out). Third, with movies in general being of the hardest hit industries by Covid, it may be better for them to wait to announce until after things calm down and go back to normal more.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Idina Menzel Wants Disney to Make Frozen 3: 'I Hope So'
https://people.com/movies/idina-menzel- ... potential/
"I hope it is, but I don't know," the actress said when asked whether Frozen 3 is in the works. "Anytime I can be 80 and play a blonde animated girl who is, like, 15 — who has amazing arms, by the way, I love that about her."
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

A third was always going to happen, but I think it'll end at 3. I still would like to see Elsa fighting a magical villain to really show off her powers. Someone with powers could attack Arendelle and she returns to protect them. They could even have Hans be the villain's sidekick / partner, bringing him back to finish him off in the final film. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

My problem with Frozen is that it seems to have a lot of heart (I really love the characters) but for some reason they can't quite get to it and show us that emotion. It's almost as if they are afraid to get really deep into those feelings. The musical aspects are a bit of a mess, too (WHY is The Next Right Thing the last song in Frozen II? Why do they stop Frozen II for an 80s music video? Fixer Upper??????). I hope a conclusion to these characters can overcome that.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Kristen Bell Officially Announces ‘Frozen 3’ With “Zero Authority”
Kristen Bell, who voices Anna, was on The Tonight Show and Jimmy Fallon, who shared he loved Frozen II, asked the question all fans want to know. Bell responded in her comedic manner, “I would… like to officially announce, with zero authority, Frozen 3.”
Earlier in the day, Bell appeared on Good Morning America, where the actress shared that she would do Frozen 3 “in a heartbeat.” However, later in the night, it sounded like she was making an official announcement, sort of.
“Please bear in mind I did say ‘zero authority’ because I can’t do that. I can’t do that. No, I’m not in charge, But there could be something maybe in the works and maybe happening,” asked Fallon. Bell replied, “Well, you know, I’m… I’ll keep it mysterious, but I know Idina [Menzel, who voices Anna’s sister, Elsa] recently said she would do it and I feel like if we’re all in, like, what are we waiting for? Let’s do it.”
https://thedisinsider.com/2022/06/21/kr ... authority/
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

The Frozen cast received their Disney Legends awards but there was no announcement :(
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

If there's a Frozen 3 announcement, I think it'll happen later during the Disney Animation panel. By the way, part of the Encanto cast performed "We Don't Talk About Bruno" during the ceremony. Could they be at D23 for something else as well? The DisInsider recently rumored that an Encanto project could be announced at the expo and hinted at it being a sequel. It seems a bit early for that, but who knows.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Could it be that he's referring to Frozen III?

https://twitter.com/joshgad/status/1585 ... CE75g&s=19
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Farerb wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:30 pm Could it be that he's referring to Frozen III?

https://twitter.com/joshgad/status/1585 ... CE75g&s=19
Maybe a new special to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Frozen.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

It could also be a second season of Olaf Presents shorts, but a special to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Frozen would be nice. I don't think they're working on Frozen III yet since Chris Buck is now busy making Wish and I don't think they would make the movie without him.