Zootopia+

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Zootopia+

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:I believe it will be the latter. Think of Pixar Popcorn, but longer.
Yeah, I guess that would make more sense.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Personally, I hope each episode is ten minutes. Fifteen at most.

Also, when I saw the teaser image, I’ll admit I fangirled when I noticed Clawhauser and Bogo in the same pic together. :oops:
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney had a wrap up party for Zootopia+ and Baymax!. It means that the series is ready and will probably be released soon.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

‘Zootopia+’ will be released on November 9 on Disney+.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

This title is very silly. Zootopia+ sounds like an in-house working title. A Zootopia series for Disney+. Let’s call it Zootopia+

It better be great, but not holding my breath.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^Thanks for posting! Apparently, the images come from this interview with director Josie Trinidad for the latest episode of What's Up, Disney+.

Disney has also released a production notes document which includes a description of each episode. The one called "Duke: The Musical" will feature a song titled "Big Time" with music by Michael Giacchino and lyrics by Elyssa Samsel and Kate Anderson, the duo who wrote the songs for Olaf's Frozen Adventure.
“ZOOTOPIA+” EPISODES:

“HOPP ON BOARD”

Embracing all the dynamic camera work, intense music and high-speed tropes of the best action films, this exciting episode takes viewers on a fast-paced adventure from Bunnyburrow to the heart of Zootopia as Judy Hopps (Ginnifer Goodwin) boards a train to begin her new life in the big city. As her parents, Bonnie and Stu (Bonnie Hunt and Don Lake), tearfully watch the train pull out of the station, they realize that their youngest daughter, Molly, is also on board the train. Once this discovery has been made, Bonnie and Stu leave the comforts and security of their home and high-tail it in hot pursuit of the speeding train and the stowaway Molly. It’s a daring and wild ride as the duo pull out all the stops, and engage in some fast and furious stunt driving, to keep up with the train and attempt to rescue their young daughter.

“THE REAL RODENTS OF LITTLE RODENTIA”
“Zootopia+” offers its own distinct version of a reality show with this hilarious episode focusing on the upcoming wedding of Fru Fru (voiced by Leah Latham), daughter of Tundratown crime boss/head shrew, Mr. Big (Maurice LaMarche). As she goes about planning the wedding with her friends, Christine (Porsha Williams), Charisma (Crystal Kung Minkoff), and Brianca (Katie Lowes), the sudden arrival of her childhood friend, Tru Tru (Michelle Buteau), upends the meeting, and sets into motion a feud, a life-saving incident, and a moment of reflection. All’s well that ends well, as Fru Fru remembers the essence of friendship, picks her “shrew of honor,” and moves forward with the wedding of her dreams.

“DUKE: THE MUSICAL”
Small-time weasel crook Duke Weaselton (Alan Tudyk) aims for the “big time” in this outrageous and fanciful musical episode that finds the career criminal rethinking his life and picturing himself as a good guy. He croons about setting things right, as he imagines choosing a variety of alternate paths and careers, including a used car salesman, a lawyer, a surgeon, an author, and even a financial genius (the “Weasel of Wall Street”). As an oil tycoon, he shoots for the moon, but comes crashing back to earth where he is confronted with his past proclivities. Set to an original song, “Big Time,” with music by Michael Giacchino and lyrics by Elyssa Samsel and Kate Anderson, this episode has fun with the lighting, staging and over-the-top extravagant style of traditional musical theater and film.

“THE GODFATHER OF THE BRIDE”
Mr. Big takes center stage in this homage to the crime family genre. As he prepares for his daughter’s wedding, he flashes back to the old country and his hard-scrabble, humble origins as an immigrant shrew. Life was hard for a small mammal in a big world, but with the acquisition of a bicycle, an attitude of never feeling small, and a little help from some unlikely friends, Mr. Big builds a family and finds his place in the world. Imari Williams is heard as the voice of Rhino Boss.

“SO YOU THINK YOU CAN PRANCE”
When it comes to mega pop-star singing sensation, Gazelle (Allison Trujillo-Strong), there is no bigger fan in all of Zootopia than Benjamin Clawhauser (Nate Torrence), the Police Department’s most charming cheetah. When Clawhauser hears about a chance to audition for the talent competition show, “So You Think You Can Prance,” with the winner getting a chance to be Gazelle’s back-up dancer, it becomes his latest obsession. His efforts to enlist Chief Bogo (Idris Elba) to be his dancing partner is met with resistance. Just when it seems that his dreams are about to be crushed, Clawhauser discovers that a Chief never leaves his back-up behind. This entertaining and music-filled episode proves that dreams can come true.

“DINNER RUSH”
It’s 5:30 at a local Zootopia bistro, and Sam (Charlotte Nicdao), the Otter waiter, is looking to make a timely and hasty exit so that she can catch the Gazelle concert later that evening. All systems are go, and Sam is wrapping her last table, when Flash the Sloth (Raymond S. Persi) and his soon-to-be fiancée Priscilla (Kristen Bell) stroll in for dinner. The couple is not in any hurry, and Flash has a hidden agenda, as Sam tries to rush them along but sets off a series of disasters in the process. Will Sam make it to the concert on time? If you only see one Sloth rom-com this year, this is the one to
catch.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Shakira will not reprise her role as Gazelle in ZOOTOPIA+. The character will be voiced by Alisson Trujillo-Strong.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Why do they insist on making these D+ series so uneventful? It’s always a bunch of throwaway shorts with no story or character development.

They could be telling great serialized stories. Instead we get Baymax and Zootopia+ that feel very much tailored to just small kids.

It looks gorgeously animated at least. So there’s that.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

PatrickvD wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:15 pm They could be telling great serialized stories. Instead we get Baymax and Zootopia+ that feel very much tailored to just small kids.
Because that's WDAS nowadays. That's exactly what I thought about Encanto and even Strange World from the trailers.
All this trailer did was remind me why Zootopia didn't age well for me, they really just decided to take all the worst aspects from the movie and put it in this series.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

PatrickvD wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:15 pm Why do they insist on making these D+ series so uneventful? It’s always a bunch of throwaway shorts with no story or character development.

They could be telling great serialized stories. Instead we get Baymax and Zootopia+ that feel very much tailored to just small kids.

Hopefully that changes with Wish and the Tiana series.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

PatrickvD wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:15 pm Why do they insist on making these D+ series so uneventful? It’s always a bunch of throwaway shorts with no story or character development.

I suspect both this and Baymax! were intended as "lightweight" animated series for casual viewing. I suspect Tiana will be far more ambitious on a narrative level.

Still need to check out the trailer, but I'll take your word that the animation is well done. :-)
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

There are some new stills in this post: https://blog.disneygeek.com/2022/11/07/ ... formation/

Jules wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:00 am I suspect both this and Baymax! were intended as "lightweight" animated series for casual viewing. I suspect Tiana will be far more ambitious on a narrative level.
Tiana will be a long-form series, so you're probably right it will. Baymax!, Zootopia+ or Olaf Presents have very short episodes, so I think it makes sense they're more lightweight. Personally, I've been enjoying these short-form series, but it's true that the Zootopia+ trailer seems especially geared to little kids. I think the actual episodes will probably be better than that.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I really enjoyed these shorts! My order of enjoyment:

1. The Godfather of the Bride- this was really heartfelt and moving, surprisingly.

2. So You Think You Can Prance- I love Clawhauser, and it was really sweet and funny.

3. Hopp on Board- it was pretty exciting and fun.

4. Duke The Musical- super catchy song!! If I read the credits right, Alan Tudyk did the voice for talking but not singing. Dollar bills had hand-drawn faces.

5. Dinner Rush- Flash is always fun. There was nothing wrong with this; I just preferred the other ones more.

6. The Real Rodents of Little Rodentia- it had fun moments and I do like Fru Fru, but it was my least favorite, probably because I don't watch the Real Housewives shows?
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

D82 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:13 pm
Jules wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:00 am I suspect both this and Baymax! were intended as "lightweight" animated series for casual viewing. I suspect Tiana will be far more ambitious on a narrative level.
Tiana will be a long-form series, so you're probably right it will. Baymax!, Zootopia+ or Olaf Presents have very short episodes, so I think it makes sense they're more lightweight. Personally, I've been enjoying these short-form series, but it's true that the Zootopia+ trailer seems especially geared to little kids. I think the actual episodes will probably be better than that.
Yeah, I don't think that WDAS themselves really can make long series like the kind that used to be shown on Disney channel, only shorts, unless they go on a huge hiring spree... If the studio ever actually went to that kind of effort, it would probably only be for Frozen, because they wouldn't trust some random studio or talent to make a TV series for it like they would for Tiana or Tangled: The Series, etc., they've always been very protective of the property.

I mean, I can understand why, because they're in this phase of the studio, which was the whole reason they moved to 3D films, where they want their more successful properties to become franchises. The $$$ from the PIXAR sequels are what pushed Disney in the direction of 3D for WDAS because you could get 3 films for the price of one if you franchise those films. Frozen is the first one they've done it with at WDAS so far and they probably want the franchise to at least go to a 3 (perhaps more?). Well, there was Ralph Breaks the Internet, but unlike Frozen 2 they relied more on IPs and Disney Princess to attempt to lift it because they knew WIR itself wasn't a strong or popular enough property to justify a sequel compared to other films they've made recently, I don't know why they even tried it with that movie. Zootopia and Encanto will be the next properties they attempt to franchise, and I think those two will be fairly successful, although doing as well as Frozen 2, I don't know. Raya could possibly receive a Disney+ only sequel though, but that's hopeful wishing on my part more than anything.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
VanessaFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by VanessaFan »

I saw these today with some friends. The first one "Hopp on Board" was really funny, I thought. I also enjoyed "Dinner Rush" and a little "The Real Rodents of Little Rodentia". I wonder if there will be more episodes?
Vote for YOUR favorite Disney movie here:
https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/walt-disne ... sics-movie
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

In one episode of Zootopia+, a bunch of bootleg movies are being sold (much like a scene from the original movie that had Easter Eggs of upcoming Disney movies including the now cancelled Gigantic).

Apparently one of the bootlegs is a Tangled 2 variant.

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/zootopia/comme ... please_no/

Different Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckvvx0NpoW2 ... MTA2M2Y%3D