DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: All Night Long
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:12 pm 
Platinum Edition

Disney's making their first(?) jukebox musical film.

Quote:
Walt Disney Studios is developing an original movie musical based on the songs of American treasure Lionel Richie, Variety has learned exclusively. Tentatively titled “All Night Long,” the new project will use some of Richie’s greatest hits in a live-action project in early stages of development with a theatrical release in mind, sources said.

Richie and his manager Bruce Eskowitz are producing the project with Cavalry Media executives Dana Brunetti and Matt Del Piano. Screenwriter Pete Chiarelli (“Crazy Rich Asians,” “The Proposal”) is currently at work on the script, added the insiders. Richie, a company man thanks to his judge role on Disney-owned ABC’s “American Idol,” sold the pitch to the studio in January.

While the film is more in line with the jukebox musical vibe of the hugely successful “Mamma Mia” films based on the Abba songbook, recent musical movies have generated big box office returns and awards buzz.
Source: https://variety.com/2020/film/news/disn ... 234629473/

Post subject: Re: All Night Long
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:40 pm 
Platinum Edition

I assumed it was because Idol already had him in connection with Disney. Good for him. My mother always loved him, but I’ve never really been able to get into his music the same way as with other older artists like Prince, Madonna, Elton, Michael Jackson, etc. I guess “Hello” and “Endless Love” are my ‘favorites’ of his…? (I'd actually prefer if Diana Ross got one of these, since EL put her into my mind. :P) Speaking of the Idol connection, I always loved David Cook's take of "Hello."

Kesha ~ "Kinky"
Kesha ~ "Little Bit of Love"