DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:26 am 
Platinum Edition

Now when you have come into this thread you are probably thinking "Do we really need another Chicken Little thread?" My answer is: Yes!

Maybe people have been dissing this film saying it was "horrible". My main question I'm asking in this thread is, "Was it really that bad?"

I think it's a very good film with wonderfully developed characters with good music and good animation. It may not be the best animated film ever made, but personally, I really liked it and thought the really negative reviews were way more than harsh.

Now you can give all the reason why you hate it, but I hope they give better reasons than 90% of film critics which don't even know how to review a movie these days! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:03 am 

Chicken Little was really enjoyable in my book. No, it's not as great as Snow White, Cinderella, or a bunch of the other Disney films. I thought it was their best animated film since Lilo & Stitch...so that's saying something!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:04 am 
Limited Issue

I liked Chicken Little and saw it twice when it was in the theatres. I could relate to Chicken Little and the events that happened to him. I think we've all had times when we've done something with "a cup of good intentions" which turned out to be "a recipe for disaster" that we could not live down for a while. I know that when I was growing up, there were some awkward moments with my parents like Chicken Little had with Buck Cluck. There also were moments when I was growing up when things went great, like Chicken Little hitting the game-winning home run, and then turned bad again just when I thought things were going good. Chicken Little, Abby Mallard, Fish, and Runt reminded me of my group of friends when we were growing up. We weren't popular and probably were looked down upon by the Foxy Loxy types, but we were true friends.

I thought the music fit well with the movie. I almost cried in the scene where they played "All I Know." I love BNL's "One Little Slip" and thought it was perfect for the movie. The cast singing "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" is priceless, especially when Don Knotts chimed in as Turkey Lurkey.

I have even started using Chicken Little's "What were we talking about?" line with my family as a joke in our conversations, and it always brings a smile. While I prefer the hand-drawn animation, I am amazed by what current animators can do with computers. I noticed that Buck Cluck's feathers looked real and that the alien baby actually looked fuzzy. I thought it was a good showing for Disney. I'm looking forward to the DVD release later this month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:22 am 
Anniversary Edition

I also loved Chicken Little. My kids did too! We only saw it once in the theater, but afterwards we popped into the Disney Store, and the kids got free trading cards and they had the soundtrack blaring in the store! It was a great experience for so much hype about it right after the movie. We ended up buying the soundtrack.

I hope the Disney Store does something similar for the opening of Cars.

Anyway, we can't wait for the DVD to come out. It's hard waiting the 4-5 months or more between the time you see it in the theater and you get to watch it again!

I thought Chicken Little was LOADS better than Home on the Range (which we didn't think was all THAT bad)....I don't understand why people didn't like (Chicken Little) either.

Last edited by kbehm29 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:27 pm 
Limited Issue

i thought it was great. i loved it. very funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:42 pm 
Gold Classic Collection

I loved it too...much better than all the CGI dreamworks drivel...but that goes without saying.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:59 pm 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

I thought that was really interesting:

https://www.dix-project.net/item/2476/s ... ken-little

Starlog Magazine 341 wrote:
Fullmer recalls, "We got some story artists and boarded out a version of Little Red's Wolf--'Little Red Riding Hood' as a (twisted) fairy tale. But after seeing Shrek, we all sat down and said, 'We don't want to be talking to the press five years from now and explaining why we followed in the same footsteps as Shrek.' So we set that project aside and tried many different ideas.

"One of the pitches I had was about animals on a farm, where the real pretty ones go to the county fair, and the scruffy ones are left behind. One night, a spaceship comes down when all the pretty ones are away, and the scruffy animals are overwhelmed. They have to deal with the invasion, and they somehow heroically save the world. Then the pretty animals come back and nobody knows what happened, but the scruffy ones do, and they're empowered by that."

"There was a chicken in that story," Dindal notes, "and one evening I was driving home and I just thought, "Hey, why not use Chicken Little for that chicken? That's a character people recognize and a basic story people know about."

"That set us up with a hook--that simple idea like 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf,' where you have a discredited character, and then something really does happen, so who's going to believe him? We launched off on the basis of that," Fullmer says.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:01 am 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

It's interesting how this piece of crap came out from an original and kind of funny idea.