DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Frozen III
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:31 am 
Platinum Edition

Skyler Shuler implies there's going to be Frozen III (not that it's surprising):
https://twitter.com/SkylerShuler/status ... 2856911878

Post subject: Re: Frozen III
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:44 am 
Platinum Edition

For me in order for a third movie to succeed, they need to do these:

1. The second movie had a lot of "world building" but not really a story. What I'd like to see is all those things we learned in the second movie come into play, the world building and exposition is out of the way, now utilize it.

2. Now that Elsa is basically all powerful "fifth spirit" or whatever, she needs to come up against someone or something that is stronger than she is. Make the stakes high.

3. Showing us Anna's abilities to rule and remind us that she's actually supposed to be the protagonist of this franchise.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:54 am 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

There was never any doubt about a third one being made eventually. It was just a matter of when. I don't expect it to be released for at least 5 years. Given that Disney promoted Frozen 2 as WDAS' first musical sequel, Disney will no doubt promote the third one as their first trilogy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:13 am 
Anniversary Edition

Not surprising at all. I've enjoyed everything Frozen related that the studio has released so far. Are we to expect featurettes like Frozen Fever and Olaf's Frozen Adventure till then?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:20 pm 
Ultimate Collector's Edition

I still hope for that idea from when Frozen II was in its early phase that Elsa gets to fight against a magical villain to show off her powers more. I personally expect it to come out by 2024. I think that the people BTS are probably sick of doing Frozen and want to get it over with*. :lol: The Lopezes and Jennifer Lee both seemed like they wanted to do other things during the making of II and are tired of being "banished" to working on one property. Well, at least Lee gets to oversee the whole studio. The poor Lopezes though... Miranda is working on his second film for the studio while they're still in Frozenland.

* Plus, the sooner they get the trilogy over with, the sooner they can move on to the live-action remake... :lol: I'm sure a re-make will follow seven years or so after the final part of the trilogy. Who knows though. I've always assumed III would be the stopping point, but maybe after some five-ten years go by, they might decide to get the band back together to make a IV and V down the line the way Toy Story is doing now.

Kesha ~ "Dancing With Tears in My Eyes"
Ariana Grande ~ "One Last Time"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:33 pm 
Platinum Edition

Sotiris wrote:
There was never any doubt about a third one being made eventually. It was just a matter of when. I don't expect it to be released for at least 5 years..

True. Remember that Frozen II was announced in 2015, almost two years after Frozen. So it`s a synergy that the third chapter has been announced two years after the sequel. And yeah, since it took four years to bring Frozen II to the screen, it will most likely be another four years before we`ll see Frozen III.

Quote:
Given that Disney promoted Frozen 2 as WDAS' first musical sequel, Disney will no doubt promote the third one as their first trilogy

Most likely.

But regarding the storyline, I wonder which elements of Nordic culture they`re going to explore. The last film was somewhat about Sami`s, so I wonder if we`ll see some other aspects of Scandinavian mythology. And yeah, I know some people wanted Hans back, so I wonder if he`ll get a comeback.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:43 pm 
Collector's Edition

I really hope its announced this year

I hope it gets completely new writers and directors

And give the Hans fan a friggin' break already!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:30 am 
Diamond Edition

After Frozen 2, I can't say I'm excited for another Frozen film. The story would have to be very good to make me interested in it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:22 am 
Anniversary Edition

All the Frozen movies and featurettes they did had great stories. I'm sure the third one will be amazing. :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:28 am 
Platinum Edition

Frozen II was announced back in March 2015, approximately one year and a half after the release of the first one. The same amount of time has passed since the release of the sequel and they haven't announced anything, what are they waiting for?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:53 pm 
Special Edition

farerb wrote:
Frozen II was announced back in March 2015, approximately one year and a half after the release of the first one. The same amount of time has passed since the release of the sequel and they haven't announced anything, what are they waiting for?

I’m sure there’s a few reasons. First being that the sequel was announced to keep the hype train going. The phenomenon is now solidified, so there’s not really a reason to worry about that. Second, they’ve probably had plans for a third for a long time and either they have it completely nailed down (and we’ll see a very quick release date) or it’s a disaster in the making like the second was behind the scenes and they can’t figure out the story (and it’ll be years and years out). Third, with movies in general being of the hardest hit industries by Covid, it may be better for them to wait to announce until after things calm down and go back to normal more.