MICKEY MOUSE IN LIVING COLOR VOL. 2 Disney Treasures Preview

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Class316
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Class316 »

The NAACP can go suck donkey dick!!
deadstone
Limited Issue

Complete Goofy - region 2 FRANCE ?

Post by deadstone »

Hi,

does anyone know if The Complete Goofy will be released in France, and will it be in a Tin?

They haven't announced thois sort of thing....

And what about Mickey in Color Part 1?

thanks

Philip
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I can't wait to buy Mickey Mouse in Color 2!!!! :arrow:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
jebsdad
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jebsdad »

Sir Hawkins wrote:What really angers me is that Disney has completely folded to political correctness, and roughtly half, yes HALF of these cartoons have introductions to make sure the stereotypes and/or perceived "offensiveness" in the cartoons is addressed. They did this with only 2 or 3 cartoons on the Goofy set, but this is completely out of hand and annoying. What kids want to sit through an introduction before half the cartoons every time they watch them? I know I don't want to. And if the truth were known this stuff isn't even offensive! What I'm totally miffed about though is there's an introduction for Symphony Hour, now what in the world could possibly be taken the wrong way with that cartoon? Does anyone have any info on that, or the other ones for that matter?

p.s. I like this board alot, can't believe I found one just for Disney stuff. Sorry this had to be my first post. :)
I strongly feel that several members are overreacting to the Leonard Maltin "Politically Correct" introductions to the cartoons.

First, you can skip the introductions or just fast forward through them.

Second, I don't agree that the Disney Company has "completely folded to political correctness". If they had, these cartoons would not be shown uncensored...we would instead get the censored, butchered versions that have been shown on the Disney Channel.

Third, the Disney Company does have to pay attention to complaints from the "general public" - such complaints are what led to the cartoons and TV shows being censored on the Disney Channel.

Fourth, these "Stereotypes" and "Uncharacteristic Behaviors" Introductions enable the Disney Company to include these cartoons as uncensored, but still answer those who would complain about some of the contents of the cartoons.

Fifth, "half" of the cartoons do not have these Introductions - just 5 cartoons out of 21, less than 1/4 of them. There are introductions to the cartoons on Disc 2 (Mickey's Christmas Carol, The Prince and the Pauper, and Runaway Brain), but I think they are just regular introductions - not "Politically Correct" inspired introductions.

Sixth, these cartoons do contain objectionable scenes to some members of society due to racial caricatures or violent behavior. Pluto's Dream House has a scene in which Pluto's face is displayed in a caricature of a black man's face. Mr. Mouse Takes A Trip has a scene using stereotypes of the American Indian. The Nifty Ninteties has a scene about a drunken father. In Symphony Hour, Mickey Mouse threatens Donald Duck with a gun. I don't remember Plutopia's "Uncharacteristic Behaviors" scene - possibly having to do with gun violence.

Yes, maybe some parts of society do overact to such scenes, but it is a fact that the Disney Company has had a great deal of negative publicity to deal with over the years due to such scenes in their cartoons.

I think such Introductions are a very small price to pay in order to get such wonderful cartoons released in these Treasures sets uncensored.