Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wolverine (TV Series)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:28 pm 
Platinum Edition

Quote:
As every fan knows by now, the rights to the X-Men and the Fantastic Four will soon return to Marvel Studios once Disney completes its merger with Fox, and sources close to We Got This Covered tell us that Marvel’s already tossing around potential ideas for X-Men-related series to go up on Disney Plus. Obviously, it’s too early for anything official to happen and apparently, they’re parking these ideas until they can move forward with them once the deal goes through.
Source: https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/marvel- ... sney-plus/

Quote:
There will probably be several X-Men projects once the rights fully revert later this year.
Source: http://boards.4channel.org/co/thread/10 ... p105266179

Quote:
It's not necessarily the X-Men team from what I heard. The rumor I heard is that it would be a single certain character, one character, very popular X-Men character, showing their origin really for the first time on screen that's done well. Well, I mean, the actual, legitimate origin of this character and that's how they would introduce that character to the MCU and of course then that character would be really big in the movies but they would do their backstory and origin as a Disney+ series like in 2020 or so.
Source: https://mcucosmic.com/podcast/mcu-cosmi ... y-arrives/

Post subject: Re: X-Men (TV Series)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:21 pm 
Limited Edition

I just hope the main focus will be on something else than hate against mutants. Fox have given us this for several years now, so a different angle for a change probably wouldn't hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:26 am 
Platinum Edition

Sounds like Wolverine, especially the part about the origin being done well for the first time.

"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:29 am 
Platinum Edition

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
I just hope the main focus will be on something else than hate against mutants. Fox have given us this for several years now, so a different angle for a change probably wouldn't hurt.

I've grown weary of that too after The Gifted.

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Sounds like Wolverine, especially the part about the origin being done well for the first time.

I hope not. I'm all Wolverined out. Let's give some other member of the X-Men the spotlight for a change.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:34 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

It's also already been established in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that many people look up to the superheroes and celebrate them. So if they were to keep the whole "mutants being discriminated" angle, they would probably have to go with it from a different angle than the Fox films did.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:41 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

JeanGreyForever wrote:

Yes, sounds very much like Wolverine. Either him or Storm. I'm not sure any of the other core X-Men have origin stories that can support multiple episodes of a TV show.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:26 pm 
Limited Edition

I want a new Generation X tv show/cartoon/movie/whatever sooo bad. :milkbuds:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:38 pm 
Platinum Edition

You guys were right. It's Wolverine.

Quote:
We’re now just around the corner from the Disney-Fox deal going through, meaning that Marvel Studios is about to get its hands on the rights to both the X-Men and the Fantastic Four. There’s a number of things the studio can do with all of these characters, but one that fans are wondering the most about is Wolverine. Will Kevin Feige and co. reboot the iconic mutant, or will they try and get Hugh Jackman back on board?

Well, according to a source close to We Got This Covered, Marvel’s opting for the former and is planning to recast the part of Logan. Not only that, but this new version of Wolverine would star in their own TV series, rather than a movie franchise, for Disney Plus. We previously revealed that Marvel was looking to develop several Disney Plus shows based on X-Men characters and no doubt a Wolverine project would be the biggest of the lot.

Though the studio has yet to confirm any of this, it does tie in with what we’ve come to expect from Marvel’s acquisition of the X-Men. After all, our source claims that the Wolverine show won’t be connected in any way to the current X-universe, which began with Bryan Singer’s 2000 movie.
Source: https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/marvel- ... h-jackman/

Quote:
We Got This Covered has been told by our sources – the same ones who revealed that Tom Welling would be back for “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” which was then confirmed last week – that Marvel wants to do a Wolverine Disney Plus show in the near future. We previously reported on this possibility back in June and from what we understand, it’s still on the cards. At the time, we were told it categorically wouldn’t feature Jackman in the role, though we’ve since heard that Marvel’s leaving the door open for the star to return if he wants.
Source: https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/wolveri ... tv-series/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:14 pm 
Platinum Edition

Strange that he's been downgraded to a TV show. Maybe they want to rest the waters with a Hugh Jackman recast as they're afraid that audiences will reject another actor on the big screen.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:55 am 
Platinum Edition

Another report that Disney is recasting Wolverine.

Kevin Feige Will Take Over The X-Men, Disney Will Search For New Wolverine
https://www.slashfilm.com/x-men-in-the-mcu/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:35 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Strange that he's been downgraded to a TV show. Maybe they want to rest the waters with a Hugh Jackman recast as they're afraid that audiences will reject another actor on the big screen.

I'm guessing the reason for it is twofold. First, they want a grittier, darker adaptation of the origin that wouldn't fit with the cinematic output's generally lighter tone, something more along Marvel's Netflix shows. And second, by relegating the origin to TV/streaming service, they can expand on Wolverine's rich past without it feeling like a retread of the Fox's trilogy. It also opens up the possibility of just having Wolverine join the eventual X-Men team without having to explore his past in movies. It can all be covered by flashbacks.

Sotiris wrote:
Another report that Disney is recasting Wolverine.

Kevin Feige Will Take Over The X-Men, Disney Will Search For New Wolverine
https://www.slashfilm.com/x-men-in-the-mcu/

It's probably not a popular opinion, but I suggest Daniel Radcliffe for the role. He's within the age bracket, short, hairy and can get bulked up. Can definitely play against the type. Either him or an unknown.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:55 am 
Platinum Edition

Mooky wrote:
It's probably not a popular opinion, but I suggest Daniel Radcliffe for the role. He's within the age bracket, short, hairy and can get bulked up. Can definitely play against the type. Either him or an unknown.

Funny you should say that, he just gave an interview where he joked about playing the new Wolverine.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:23 pm 
Platinum Edition

I'd love to see Daniel Radcliffe in another franchise role so I'd be all for this. After all, if an Australian can play a Canadian, then there's no reason why a Britisher can't.

Mooky wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:

I'm guessing the reason for it is twofold. First, they want a grittier, darker adaptation of the origin that wouldn't fit with the cinematic output's generally lighter tone, something more along Marvel's Netflix shows. And second, by relegating the origin to TV/streaming service, they can expand on Wolverine's rich past without it feeling like a retread of the Fox's trilogy. It also opens up the possibility of just having Wolverine join the eventual X-Men team without having to explore his past in movies. It can all be covered by flashbacks.

That's certainly true. Origins was bad enough and I'm not sure anyone would want a recap of that, but even the main X-Men films already spent a huge portion of time on his backstory.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:54 am 
Limited Edition

Daniel Radcliffe? Really? He doesn't really look the part...

Honestly I'd rather they just grab someone, well, short and stocky and not very handsome, Canadian. Part of the allure of Wolverine in the comics is that he's not some jaw-dropping handsome stud the way he is in the films or compared to the other male X-Men. There's an attractiveness to that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 pm 
Platinum Edition

He doesn't look the part now, but with some bulking up and the Wolverine hair, I could see him in the role. I'd rather him than Zac Efron, whose name has been thrown around. However, Wolverine is supposed to be much older than the rest of the characters, so a young actor isn't ideal.

You're right that he was never meant to be physically attractive but I'm not sure if audiences would accept someone like Bob Haskins (one of the choices for the role back when an X-Men movie was thrown around in the 90s) in the role now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:38 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Exactly. Not that Daniel Radcliffe is ugly or anything, but he isn't as conventionally attractive as Hugh Jackman, so he's still closer to the way character looks in the comics.