Marvel Cinematic Universe

All topics on all things Marvel.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by milojthatch »

Ok, this may seem silly to some, but I've been thinking about the time-line for the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" after watching "Iron Man 2." So of the five "franchise" within this movie universe (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Cap. America, Avengers), I think it is clear that the events of "Captain America" will take place first and that "Avengers" is last of the films in this time line to date that have been made or will be coming out to that point. From the events of "Iron Man 2," it seems safe to suggest that the events of "Thor," at least most of it, will take place after "Iron Man 2" and before "Avengers."

But here is the big question, where does the events of "The Incredible Hulk" fit into all of this? After "Iron Man" and "The Incredible Hulk" came out in 2008, I didn't think much of it. It seemed to me that of course "Hulk" came after the events in "Iron Man" and at the time, before "Iron Man 2." But it was the events of "Iron Man 2" that make me question that. First, is the fact that at the end of "Iron Man 2," while Nick Fury is talking to Tony Stark, in the background the tv is on showing the rampage of the Hulk form the "Hulk" film, which made it seem as if those events had happened just recently.

But the biggest thing is Tony Stark himself. We know at the end of "Iron Man" that he was approached by Nick Fury and that then at the end of the "Hulk," he approached Gen. Ross, saying that they were getting a team together. But at the start and middle of "Iron Man 2," Tony is clearly not part of SHIELD yet, and in fact wants nothing to do with them. The Tony Stark at the start of "Iron Man 2" is not consistent with the one that talks about getting a team together with Ross at the end of "Hulk." But, by the end of "Iron Man 2," that Tony Stark does seem like the kind of guy that would approach Ross about the Avengers, further especially if he is at that point a consultant as he was made at the end of "Iron Man 2." It seems to me such a meeting would fit more with his new role after the events of "Iron Man 2."

So, does "Hulk" happen during and after "Iron Man 2?" Thoughts?
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline discution

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

milojthatch wrote:
Yes. I forget were but it's been said that it does.

-Skyler
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Look at your Spelling - it's 'DISCUSSION', not "Discution". You and only you can change that.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

dvdjunkie wrote:Look at your Spelling - it's 'DISCUSSION', not "Discution". You and only you can change that.
:lol:

That was clever.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

dvdjunkie wrote:Look at your Spelling - it's 'DISCUSSION', not "Discution". You and only you can change that.
rotfl Good one, man! I was just gonna be a grammar Nazi on that, but you beat me to it.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Although there is one thing you CAN'T change:

your ooooollllldddd age.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:
milojthatch wrote:
Yes. I forget were but it's been said that it does.

-Skyler

I'd love to know where. It just makes sense.

For everyone who questioned my spelling, I'm sorry. I used spell check but it seemed to miss that one. Sorry I inconvenienced anyone with a miss spelled word, I only hope in time you can forgive me and that once again your universe can be restored. :P
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

If you watch the end of Iron Man 2 closely, when Tony and Nick are reviewing Natasha's report of Tony, there are monitors in the background showing a news report. That news report is the exact same one from The Incredible Hulk during the big college campus raid. So that means most of Iron Man 2 and the first half of The Incredible Hulk take place simultaneously.

It gets messier when you factor in Thor. His hammer is found at the very end (post-credits) of Iron Man 2, and that same scene should have some sort of appearance or reference in the middle of Thor the film. That means the first half of Thor takes place before the Iron Man 2 coda, which also means it plays alongside The Incredible Hulk's first half. Remember that Agent Coulson tells Tony about 3/4 of the way into Iron Man 2 that he needs to leave to New Mexico because of top secret stuff, and Thor the film is going to show us everything that happened before S.H.I.E.L.D. found the hammer in New Mexico.

Here's a rough visual outline of what order the films come in and which intersect (it's a little big, so I'm just linking it):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/ ... meline.jpg

Basically, the ending of Iron Man 2 overlaps with the middle portions of The Incredible Hulk and Thor. Obviously, since I haven't seen Thor, yet, I have no idea how or where it ends, so for now, I'll just say it ends around the same time Hulk does. Everything else is easy. The timeline begins with Captain America's main narrative and the entirety of Iron Man. Once we get past the crossover mess of Iron Man 2/The Incredible Hulk/Thor, the modern-day bookends for Captain America follow and lead us directly into The Avengers film.

Hope that helps!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase one question

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I had bought the new Marvel Cinematic Universe Blu ray but I can't find which disc has the sneak peek of Iron Man 3. I looked on the Shield disc but all I see is some deleted scenes from the Marvel Movies. Did I miss something?
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase one question

Post by Super Aurora »

Can't you hold on and wait for one month? The movie comes out May 3rd, a month from now. I didn't bother watching any iron man 3 trailers just so I can be surprise by whole thing as I'm really looking forward to this one because of Mandarin, hulk buster suit, and how this will movie will tie in definitely with Guardian of the Galaxy movie (one I'm really looking forward towards.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase one question

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Yeah I can wait. It's just I would be curious to know on how to do find this info. I'll do some more research. A mod can lock this

Also I found my answer

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/03/ ... ion-review
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 4 & 5

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Four

Post by Sotiris »

What We Know (and Think We Know) About Marvel’s Cinematic Universe After ‘Avengers: Endgame’
http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/01/ ... s-endgame/

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase Four - What we know so far
https://discussingfilm.net/2019/04/03/m ... ow-so-far/

Marvel's Next Six Movies After 'Avengers: Endgame'
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03/03 ... panther-2/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Source: https://www.thewackyduo.com/2019/07/mar ... dates.html

It's been confirmed that Phase Four will only consist of:

Black Widow — May 01, 2020
Eternals — November 06, 2020
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier — Fall 2020
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings — February 12, 2021
WandaVision — Spring 2021
Loki — Spring 2021
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness — May 07, 2021
What If…? — Summer 2021
Hawkeye — Fall 2021
Thor: Love and Thunder — November 05, 2021

So far the only projects that have been confirmed for Phase Five are:

Black Panther 2
Captain Marvel 2
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Blade
Fantastic Four
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Sotiris wrote:So far the only projects that have been confirmed for Phase Five are:

Black Panther 2
Captain Marvel 2
Blade
Fantastic Four
Feige also announced X-Men ("mutants") in the same sentence as above.

I don't think those titles above are necessarily Phase 5 movies, they could as well be the second part of Phase 4. The confirmed movies only cover two years and previous phases usually covered four.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Especially since half of the projects for Phase Four are TV shows. I can't imagine that they would wait that long for Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, and GOTG 3 as skipping them for another phase anyway.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Mooky wrote:I don't think those titles above are necessarily Phase 5 movies, they could as well be the second part of Phase 4. The confirmed movies only cover two years and previous phases usually covered four.
It doesn't make sense to me either but that's what Feige said. :shrug:
Q: Is Blade part of Phase Four and is what we saw on the screen the complete Phase Four or will there be other things possibly added?

Kevin Feige: It is the complete Phase Four the way I announced the complete Phase Three five years ago. Things can move, things can change as they did if you go back and look at what we talked about five years ago for Phase Three, but we’ve been working on this for quite a while and it’s pretty set. But there are always changes possible.

Q: Is Blade in Phase Four?

Kevin Feige: No.
Source: http://collider.com/marvel-phase-four-m ... ige-blade/
Q: Does Phase Four start to plant the seeds for whatever we're going to see?

Kevin Feige: Yes. We debated what we should announce today. Should we announce [Phases] Four and Five? We’ve planned them out. We’ve got five years down the road. And I was like, I think eleven projects in two years is plenty. Having not mentioned anything for two or three years.
Source: https://twitter.com/MTVNEWS/status/1152991879690182656
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

I'm really curious about what they will do with Fantastic Four. And please, another villain that Doom this time. Hopefully the Thing is not a nude eunuch either.

Disney+ could even make a Captain America spin-off, if the audience is willing to accept a different actor.

Spoiler for those who have not seen Avengers Endgame yet:

When he decides to return to the past, what if the government had contacted him again, given him a new costume and identity that was different from Captain Marvel, and became an agent leading secret missions that went completely under the radar and was never written about in the media or history books.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Sotiris wrote:
Mooky wrote:I don't think those titles above are necessarily Phase 5 movies, they could as well be the second part of Phase 4. The confirmed movies only cover two years and previous phases usually covered four.
It doesn't make sense to me either but that's what Feige said. :shrug:
Oh. Well that's somewhat strange. I guess Disney+ shows are now taking spots that would otherwise be occupied by movies. Thanks for the quote/clarification.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:It's been confirmed that Phase Four will only consist of:

Black Widow — May 01, 2020
Eternals — November 06, 2020
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier — Fall 2020
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings — February 12, 2021
WandaVision — Spring 2021
Loki — Spring 2021
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness — May 07, 2021
What If…? — Summer 2021
Hawkeye — Fall 2021
Thor: Love and Thunder — November 05, 2021

So far the only projects that have been confirmed for Phase Five are:

Black Panther 2
Captain Marvel 2
Blade
Fantastic Four
So Phase Four will be the first phase without an Avengers movie, right? I'm more excited for the movies announced for Phase Five, but Phase Four looks interesting too. From these films I think Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is the one I'm looking forward to the most right now, but I'm also curious about Eternals, Shang-Chi and Black Widow. I didn't like Thor: Ragnarok much, so I'm not too excited for Thor: Love and Thunder, but it'll be interesting to see Natalie Portman as the main character this time.