Ducktales Volume 4

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Spottedfeather
Gold Classic Collection

Ducktales Volume 4

Post by Spottedfeather »

I just got the latest disney movie club stuff in the mail. in the catalog, it shows Ducktales volume 4 as being for sale. But it's nowhere on the website. Has anyone seen this ?
Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Re: Ducktales Volume 4

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I did can can't believe it either!:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... tcount=992
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

That's great news! It's a shame it's a DMC exclusive though.

Here's a larger version of the cover.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Wow, I joined at the perfect time then. So happy they're finally completing the original DuckTales on DVD! I think I'll pick up The Weekenders sets at the same time.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Very excited to see that they kept up the tradition of using the exact same artwork of Louie on every volume! :P

Simultaneously very excited that this is finally coming and a tad perturbed that it took over a decade. I've got the original boxset packaging for volumes 1-3 so this'll look awkward on my shelf, but far better than nothing at all. Hopefully this'll come to general retail like the Goof Troop volumes did.
- John
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Wow, finally! :D It's fantastic, even if it's a DMC exclusive.
Pasta67 wrote:Hopefully this'll come to general retail like the Goof Troop volumes did.
I hope that too.

That cover looks quite bad, though. Who's doing the cover art lately? This and the Celebrating Mickey one don't look professionally drawn. Anyway, what really matters is the content and I'm really happy the remaining Ducktales episodes will be finally released.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Now available to order!
Spottedfeather
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Spottedfeather »

D82 wrote:Wow, finally! :D It's fantastic, even if it's a DMC exclusive.
Pasta67 wrote:Hopefully this'll come to general retail like the Goof Troop volumes did.
I hope that too.

That cover looks quite bad, though. Who's doing the cover art lately? This and the Celebrating Mickey one don't look professionally drawn. Anyway, what really matters is the content and I'm really happy the remaining Ducktales episodes will be finally released.
I'm also waiting for the rest of Darkwing Duck and Gummi Bears....
Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Everyone who is waiting on more Disney Afternoon DVD's, do me a favor please. This Saturday or Sunday, please ask for the up to three unreleased titles you want to see released on the Disney Movie Club Facebook page or tag the DMC on Twitter. The more the better it is.

And maybe even more important, buy the heck out of DuckTales Volume 4! I fully understand that most people want a deal and hope it comes to retail, but I'm here to tell you if enough of you wait for that, it will never happen. I'm sad Disney has chosen to do business this way, but it is what it is. If this title is ever going to come to retail or if we are going to see any more releases like it, a crap load of super fans are going to have to pay $24.95 plus tax and shipping for DuckTales Volume 4. I happily bought mine this morning. If you have the money, please join me.

This might be our last chance to get more released, so please help.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Spottedfeather wrote: I'm also waiting for the rest of Darkwing Duck and Gummi Bears....
With you on Gummi Bears. I'm not a fan of Darkwing/Tailspin/Goof Troop so much, but I don't hate them and might pick them up some time to help encourage Disney to continue. Even if it is slowly....

I've been thinking about buying the TLM series via iTunes. I wish it would get a DVD release though, along with the Aladdin, Hercules, and New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh shows. I'm going to buy the new DuckTales volume tonight; Lord only knows when it'll finally come in the mail though. :lol: I had planned to get The Weekenders with my next two DMC purchases. I'm surprised that got released, but not Pepper Ann.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

Spottedfeather wrote:I'm also waiting for the rest of Darkwing Duck and Gummi Bears....
Still waiting on the last third of Rescue Rangers here...!
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
ianwahlers
Limited Issue

Post by ianwahlers »

My copy of Ducktales v4 arrived in the mail today. I knew when I broke down and bought the last set of episodes on Amazon Video last month it would trigger them to sell a DVD set. :lol:

So, is Darkwing Duck going to appear on the new DuckTales show so they will put out a final set of the original show on DVD too?
ianwahlers
Limited Issue

Post by ianwahlers »

I've only watched the first episode on the new set and am pleased to say it is almost a minute longer than the Amazon Video version which has some edits. Maybe the episodes in this set are uncut. :up: Take that streaming. :D

I also noticed the authoring was better on this set than the earlier volumes. They don't look new, but do not have the noticeable compression artifacts around the linework.

Has anyone compared the retail sets of the first 3 volumes with the original DMC versions? Are the discs and authoring identical or did the mass market sets look better?
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Good sign. Original full screen I presume?
ianwahlers
Limited Issue

Post by ianwahlers »

Yep. Original full-screen aspect ratio.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

ianwahlers wrote:I've only watched the first episode on the new set and am pleased to say it is almost a minute longer than the Amazon Video version which has some edits. Maybe the episodes in this set are uncut. :up: Take that streaming. :D

I also noticed the authoring was better on this set than the earlier volumes. They don't look new, but do not have the noticeable compression artifacts around the linework.

Has anyone compared the retail sets of the first 3 volumes with the original DMC versions? Are the discs and authoring identical or did the mass market sets look better?
The original three DuckTales DVD sets were never DMC Exclusives. They were always mass market retail releases.

I've watched the first disc of Volume 4, and minus a slight issue on the series title card for "My Mother the Psychic," the set seems to be fully uncut and in proper order. There were a number of cuts for Toon Disney on the first episode of the set, "The Land of Trala-La," and based on my memory, that episode is fully uncut on this set. I find the DVD's seem to be uncut and include banned episodes while the digital has cuts and is missing full episodes. Just another reason I'd say to go physical media!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's releasing a DuckTales collection on January 20, 2019. It includes 70 episodes and the movie. They should have included all of the episodes to make this a complete collection. Such a wasted opportunity.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
trondmm

Post by trondmm »

Interesting. But, since the previous 3 volumes contained 70 episodes + pilot, I hope they really mean "70 episodes + movie + pilot" here (or that "movie" really means "pilot")

Anyway - I agree that a complete set would have been preferrable. But, I guess it's not realistic when they've already chosen to release vol. 4 as a DMC exclusive.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:They should have included all of the episodes to make this a complete collection. Such a wasted opportunity.
Indeed. What a shame they didn't make it a complete collection.