Celebrating Mickey on Blu-ray 10/23

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Re: Celebrating Mickey on Blu-ray 10/23

Post by Jules »

That’s a pretty good lineup. :) I would have also included The Nifty Nineties, Symphony Hour and Runaway Brain.

Glad they saw fit to include The Little Whirlwind! That is one charming, beautifully animated and executed cartoon.

I will be getting this without delay. A release like this needs to be supported, awkward cover and all. :P
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Jules wrote: I will be getting this without delay. A release like this needs to be supported, awkward cover and all. :P
I agree. I wish Disney would just re-release the Treasures on Blu-ray, but... This is better than nothing, I guess.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

If this title will do well, maybe they will release sets similar to the Walt Disney Treasures on Blu-ray. That would be so cool.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

An interesting selection, one that’s both frustrating and pleasantly surprising. I think the fact there’s just one black-and-white cartoon, despite there being a good selection of some solid ones (The Mad Doctor, Mickey’s Good Deed...) is a bit disappointing, and as anyone looking at my username would expect me to think, the lack of Runaway Brain makes me sad. Especially as they include something as tiresome and insignificant as Get a Horse.

Yet the focus on Mickey’s real golden age - the lavish, almost Silly Symphony-esque shorts of the mid/late 30s - is the right approach, and the presence of Mickey’s Trailer and Thru the Mirror, both of which are terrific, makes me happy. I’d have chosen Moving Day over Mickey’s Rival and Clock Cleaners rather than Boat Builders, but hey. And as Jules says, the unexpected inclusion of a charming short like The Little Whirlwind is a lovely choice.

I like this lineup.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »